Sponsored

BMR or Steeda front subframe brace? 2 pt vs 4 pt

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Just chiming in to state that while I loved my 4 point brace from Steeda it unfortunately made contact with my headers.

Steeda was great to work with and even provided spacers for the rear to help get some added clearance which I thought was sufficient. However, after inspecting things this past weekend I discovered that the brace is still making contact with the headers under load/aggressive driving.

PSA for anyone running LTH brand headers you may see similar clearance issues. I have since removed the brace.

63CF1117-B5F0-4C7F-B38D-FCE62888C152.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
For what it is worth here it is.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bmr-4-point-chassis-brace-analysis-review-cb006.64959/

When I took mine off it had the same wear pattern as shown in the OP's pics.

The piece is probably just fine but for me the benefit was not worth the risk.
Just read through this entire thread. From what I gather, the possible problem with the BMR CB006 brace, IF it was actually a problem, boiled down to the bolt holes for the control arm mounting bolts being to large. Toward the end of the thread though, it was stated that those holes were since made smaller to ensure the installer centers those bolts properly in that hole when mounting. So I'm guessing the later model CB006 braces have this smaller hole, although I'm not sure when they began manufacturing these with that particular change.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Like I said, probably just fine but it was constantly on my mind so I took it off.

OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Yup I completely get it lol. After what you said it was on my mind as well lol, which is why I just read through all 14 pages lol. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That's called scare tactics by a shady company, working. Lol
Well I won't bash either company. It did make hard braking feel more stable but it didn't translate into better lap times at Bowling Green, so I don't miss it.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I bought a 2 point, and will install today. To me the 4 point Im sure makes a difference especially on a track application, and pushing things to their limits cornering. The 2 point makes more sense to me for general street/mild track application. I bought mine merely to completely the bracing that comes with the pp1 car. The upper bracing still has to transfer that force, and the only place left is in the lower legs of the K member.

OP
OP
BlueThunder16

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
True. I'm not planning to track my car either. I'm curious if that two point plus BMR's other 2 point front of K member brace would be worth it in that case. I haven't seen any reviews yet on that one as it seems to be a new item. Part #CB763

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
True. I'm not planning to track my car either. I'm curious if that two point plus BMR's other 2 point front of K member brace would be worth it in that case. I haven't seen any reviews yet on that one as it seems to be a new item. Part #CB763
I considered it for a minute, but I personally dont see how it can improve over strut tower, lower K brace, and the cowl firewall bracing that comes in a PP car. I cant see where anything could be added, to increase the tie-in where any of us on the street could notice.
Sponsored