2016 GT Premium PP

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
In terms of positively locating the IRS subframe and keeping in position by limiting it's movement, the BMR Lockout kit is definitely better than a brace of any sort. That is a fact and cannot be debated.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I've got the Steeda stop the hop starter kit that includes the braces. They work very well for me so far and there is no increase in cabin noise. I don't know if the BMR users report noise or not, I haven't been in a S550 with them to tell for myself.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
one car has BMR CB010+762, the other has Steeda alignment dowels, the Steeda brace and Steeda IRS lockouts. The Steeda brace alone is not the whole or equivalent package. See who has the better price. eg. BMR is running 7% discount and Steeda was running 10% last I checked for Easter/Tax refund. Some of the guys who resell BMR have their own discounts which may match or exceed Steeda's. Both are well done kits.

I have some inconsequential NVH after the install but I would be hard-pressed to blame the IRS solutions for that because my diff has had bushings replaced and my trans is 'solid' mounted with the insert.

I do wonder why both companies use such hard materials for eg. the IRS lockouts. What's wrong with using say 70A shore (durometer) instead of 95 to cut down on the pass-thru of vibration? Or using a 2-part solution wherein the 'top-hat' is of the harder variety but the body is of the softer?

Sponsored

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I got the Steeda braces. It does most of what the BMR piece does. Need the subframe bushing lock outs also.

What I liked better about the Steeda system is it is more geared for cornering. It really ties the rear of the car to the front. Chassis stiffening is what I want. So having to buy additional parts is not really a problem for me.

I have installed them and love what they did to the feel of the car. It was like adding stiffer springs and sway's. I am totally impressed and quite surprised.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
+1 for the Steeda Stop the Hop Starter Kit. The dowels locate and lock the subframe in place, the braces provide significant stiffening to the rear of the chassis, and the bushing collars restrict deflection of the subframe under loading. I'm planning to install the Steeda vertical links to chase the popping noise I have in the rear, as well.

JR

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
BMR+1

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Both companies make high quality products, with lots of guys having great results with both. I tried some Steeda parts at first, was happy with them, so I stuck with them. I'm sure I could've been just as happy with BMR.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have had great success with the Steeda Rear Braces - validated on the track & at the strip, you won't be disappointed.

Also, they are made right here in the U.S.A. in Valdosta, GA & backed by a lifetime warranty - win / win!

A good amount of customer testimonials & feedback on 6G - you can't go wrong :)

a_E8DnrEh7NQhyABiZSDR_LIeRWU9LpgI46Au_3tKLGnt0EmagU8FBqMvFU0nDFDBBiCodchlkYB1fLhwAXs0Ab8PQPrhVQw.jpg

^

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I have the braces and I love them. Of course I jumped into the Steeda boat early when I started getting rid of my wheel hop, so to me the right question is "given other subframe stiffening and IRS components I've added which one is better". To me it was an easy decision due to how it goes along with everything else.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The problem I had was the rear subframe feeling like it was moving on high speed sweeper corners .My F150 felt better on high speed curves. I called Steeda and asked what item to add to the car to stop it. I was surprised I was told to install these braces. I thought for sure I was going to be told to replace bushings.

I bought the bars and have them installed. They are what the Dr ordered. They actually do more than what I thought they would. They stiffen up the car considerably. Which is what I want.

I wish Steeda made a front bar that didn't lower ground clearance.

I'll probably go with the BMR piece on the front, but ...damn it looks heavy.
Sponsored

Last edited: