Bmr cradle lockout and Steeda vert links

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
just had these installed and when I got WOT from second gear at 2500 rpm my tires are spinning like crazy. Shift to third and it starts to want to go sideways. Mind you I’m doing this all on one street, maybe it’s the way the street is paved?

2018 GT MT82
Ultralite springs
Bmr cradle lockout kit
Steeda vert links
Michelin pilot sport 4s tires 285/35/19 in the rear
Lund 93 tune
3.55 gears

This street that I am doing it on is like you would find in a neighborhood. Smooth concrete almost. This why? You might ask well did it do it before and honestly I don’t know. Guess I need to do pulls somewhere else

Did anyone get to he lockout kit and vert links and spin more?

Weather today was 45 degrees - Is it the cold temps?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Lund 93 tune
3.55 gears

Summer performance tires do lose some of their grip at cooler temperatures. Some lose a lot. If your Lund tune exaggerates tip-in throttle response (for that 'instant power' feeling), that's not helping things either.

Norm

OP
OP

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It might be the lund tune and the cooler weather Norm. I just got this tune and i got it a few days before the rear suspension mods went on. I know the 93 tune numbers wise isnt a huge upgrade but it feels night and day from what I had, it feels stronger and its very noticeable. Maybe this is is the tip in throttle and it just jumps a bit too hard? Not sure. Not sure if i should wait till it warms up and try or talk to the tuner now. I am currently almost towards E and will be making the transition over to e85 shortly...... @Norm Peterson

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
just had these installed and when I got WOT from second gear at 2500 rpm my tires are spinning like crazy. Shift to third and it starts to want to go sideways. Mind you I’m doing this all on one street, maybe it’s the way the street is paved?

2018 GT MT82
Ultralite springs
Bmr cradle lockout kit
Steeda vert links
Lund 93 tune
3.55 gears

This street that I am doing it on is like you would find in a neighborhood. Smooth concrete almost. This why? You might ask well did it do it before and honestly I don’t know. Guess I need to do pulls somewhere else

Did anyone get to he lockout kit and vert links and spin more?

Cold temps and smooth streets are likely the issue. In my neighborhood the streets are so smooth it's like glass. I can not go wot on them or I'll lose it. Try again on a street that has more grip. Also at 45 degrees u need to get them up to temp to have some stick, otherwise spinning is what you can expect.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Are they spinning clean without wheel hop? If so then the suspension parts did their job
This. While I don't have a tune on my Mustang, I had a tuned 335i (360hp/400tq) with MPSSes and always slid around easily in the cooler temps. Those tires stuck like glue with any temp over 70F.

OP
OP

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Are they spinning clean without wheel hop? If so then the suspension parts did their job
Yes it is a clean spin, zero wheel hop at all. I am pretty sure it was the temps and my summer tires (duh) Today its quite warmer and it isnt happening.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yes it is a clean spin, zero wheel hop at all. I am pretty sure it was the temps and my summer tires (duh) Today its quite warmer and it isnt happening.
That's that CB005 doing it's thing!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And the Steeda vert links right ?
Vertical links are a pretty small player in the wheel hop fix dept. The lockout kit is almost all of the change.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I've been there. Easy to forget temperature plays a big part

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
At 40-45* my Sport Cup 2's spin with the clutch in. lol. Going around a residential corner, the Torsen has enough bias to spin the inside tire. That's how much of a difference temperature makes with some tires.
Sponsored