BMR CB762 Exhaust contact

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
I installed the CB762 and CB010 this last week along with installing the Roush Active IO Lite Exhaust (axle back). Luckily I did everything at the same time so too bad resolving the issue.

The issue was between the rear CB762 mount and the Roush exhaust. As you can see from the first image, the bottom of the mount just barely made contact with the exhaust pipe: (this is with everything mounted in place)

To remedy the issue, I removed the rear mount and cut off the extra metal on that was causing the contact. I then spray painted it black to protect the exposed metal. Now there is about 1" gap between the mount and the exhaust, so it should be good to go:

If you are installing the CB762 with an aftermarket exhaust, you might want to check the clearance before installing the rear mount and cut if necessary!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about that, should be working now!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Could you have adjusted your exhaust to be further back? Either at the resonator or where you cut to install the axle backs? First I've seen of exhaust fitment issues with it.

OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
Could you have adjusted your exhaust to be further back? Either at the resonator or where you cut to install the axle backs? First I've seen of exhaust fitment issues with it.
I cut off the old exhaust first before installing anything. So if I had known about the issue I might have been able to leave the factory pipes longer, but then all the hangers might not have lined up correctly. The back two have extra wiggle room (one factory, one added in the kit), but the forward one using the factory bracket does not.

(I cut the pipes exactly per the instructions. Measured each side multiple times before making the first cut. Then remeasured after the first pipe before doing the second pipe.)
Sponsored