BMR CB005 installed but have to wait a few days for alignment

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My question is, will it hurt to drive the car without the alignment?
Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My question is, will it hurt to drive the car without the alignment?
I’m driving it just fine without the alignment. BMR did suggest to get the alignment to me as well.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I’m driving it just fine without the alignment
You called me 'bubba' in another thread.. you just proved what a real bubba is.

To the O/P.. just don't drive it all crazy like and you should be fine till the alignment.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You called me 'bubba' in another thread.. you just proved what a real bubba is.

To the O/P.. just don't drive it all crazy like and you should be fine till the alignment.
You’re very touchy lol. It’s ok if that’s what you’re.

OP, supercharged here and have been driving it for over a year without issue. I hardly drive the car though and if I have to by some more drag radials, so be it. The tire thread looks and wear evenly in my case.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You’re very touchy lol. It’s ok if that’s what you’re.
Not touchy. Not by a long shot, but changing suspension components on a IRS rear and not getting an alignment is just plain stupid.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not touchy. Not by a long shot, but changing suspension components on a IRS rear and not getting an alignment is just plain stupid.
You’re very correct because you said so. I’m stuck with what I got and doing just fine.

Sweet dreams Bubba lol.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I hope BlackmambaGT got the answer he needed.
I haven’t installed this kit but unless this makes a major geometry change (and it sure looks like it doesn’t), the degree or two here or there isn’t going to make the car undrivable. It could make the car sketchy near the limits and more likely, it will chew up your tires...so just take it easy and hold off on any road trips.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored
OP
OP

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I did get an alignment and it required minor changes only. Still happy I did it for the peace of mind. BTW, the CB005 kit works as advertised.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Afraid I don't understand being able to do this mod yourself and not being able to measure camber and toe yourself (before and after doing the mod) just to see if anything in the alignment changed much. It's not nearly as difficult as all that big-$$$$$ fancy equipment in the alignment bay makes it look. Trust me on this.

Norm

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Afraid I don't understand being able to do this mod yourself and not being able to measure camber and toe yourself (before and after doing the mod) just to see if anything in the alignment changed much. It's not nearly as difficult as all that big-$$$$$ fancy equipment in the alignment bay makes it look. Trust me on this.

Norm
Care to share with the rest of us how to do an alignment check in their garage? Very interested in knowing how.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Working from a level area to set up on, you can measure camber with a digital angle finder . . .

full.jpg

and toe by measuring from parallel strings, one on each side of the car.

full.jpg

Setting the strings up to be parallel is probably the part you need to be the fussiest about.

There are ways of "leveling up" a setup area that's not too far out of level (stacks of floor tiles or whatever to raise any low areas that fall under where one of the tires ends up), or if you know how far out of level your pad is you can compensate your measured cambers for it.

Norm

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Working from a level area to set up on, you can measure camber with a digital angle finder . . .

and toe by measuring from parallel strings, one on each side of the car.

Setting the strings up to be parallel is probably the part you need to be the fussiest about.

There are ways of "leveling up" a setup area that's not too far out of level (stacks of floor tiles or whatever to raise any low areas that fall under where one of the tires ends up), or if you know how far out of level your pad is you can compensate your measured cambers for it.

Norm
I thought it would be more involved than that. I can see getting the parallel strings to be a challenge. Looks like I will be buying a digital level. Thanks!
Sponsored