Sponsored

BMR BK055 lower control arm bearing-thought for street use

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I have 20k miles and one PA winter on my BK055s. No noise whatsoever. My shock mounts are starting to make noise after three winters and about 45k miles. IMHO, these do not contribute to significant NVH. They do need about 500 miles to break in, during which the ride is harsh.
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
My bad about saying scroll back in this thread to read how I made the noise go away. I thought I was still in the main thread outlining the problems people have had with these bearings. :)

If you can verify that you have a gap in between the spacers, especially after being fully torqued down, then you should be good to go. I personally am going to eventually take the driver rear lower control arm back off and have the spacers shaved just enough to no longer touch when fully torqued.

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
My bad about saying scroll back in this thread to read how I made the noise go away. I thought I was still in the main thread outlining the problems people have had with these bearings. :)

If you can verify that you have a gap in between the spacers, especially after being fully torqued down, then you should be good to go. I personally am going to eventually take the driver rear lower control arm back off and have the spacers shaved just enough to no longer touch when fully torqued.
No problem! I'd rather run the 055s. In this situation a bigger bearing is better in IMO.

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I have 20k miles and one PA winter on my BK055s. No noise whatsoever. My shock mounts are starting to make noise after three winters and about 45k miles. IMHO, these do not contribute to significant NVH. They do need about 500 miles to break in, during which the ride is harsh.
20k miles would be acceptable to me. That's 5 to 6 years for me. If I can get at least that much or longer that would be good.
Sponsored