Sponsored

Bmr Billet Aluminum diff bushings

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
How bad is the NVH? Does anyone have these installed ? Have you broken a diff bolt with them?

Screenshot_20211206-084704_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
sounds like a in the trunk, of course I had the cradle bushings as well and did them at the same time (also took all of them back out at the same time) so not entirely sure if it was them or a combo of them.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
sounds like a in the trunk, of course I had the cradle bushings as well and did them at the same time (also took all of them back out at the same time) so not entirely sure if it was them or a combo of them.
Lol damn.. it was that bad

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Lol damn.. it was that bad
Yep, radio had be turned way up. I was semi Ok with it, drove my wife crazy. So far the gforce have held up and no notice whine. My car does rattle and pop from all the other crap (on bumps and things); that is tolerable, the whine not so much. Hopefully nothing breaks. I was considering the steeda brace as i could take that on/off for the track. I'll probably do it when I get a built motor in. Best so far is a 1.4 60 and 6.1 /8th. It has a bit more in it, hopefully that isn't enough to break anything.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was considering the steeda brace as i could take that on/off for the track. I'll probably do it when I get a built motor in. Best so far is a 1.4 60 and 6.1 /8th. It has a bit more in it, hopefully that isn't enough to break anything.
Are you referring to the Steeda differential support bracket? If so, fyi, I have one on my car and it’s not harsh at all. I drove from Kansas to Florida with it and the ride was nice and smooth.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Are you referring to the Steeda differential support bracket? If so, FYI, I have on on my car and it’s not harsh at all. I drove from Kansas to Florida with it and the ride was nice and smooth.
Correct, saw a video too and didn't notice the rear-end whine that I had prior. My concern is the tabs breaking. The gforce bushings have a little give, but not much (and no voids), also the big Bertha bolts going through rather than threading in I think should be ok; but a broken diff tab could lead to many other broken items if it occurs on a launch. I've been looking at the steeda support but don't really want to drop the cradle again.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Correct, saw a video too and didn't notice the rear-end whine that I had prior. My concern is the tabs breaking. The gforce bushings have a little give, but not much (and no voids), also the big Bertha bolts going through rather than threading in I think should be ok; but a broken diff tab could lead to many other broken items if it occurs on a launch. I've been looking at the steeda support but don't really want to drop the cradle again.
Which g force diff bushings do you have? I didn't know they made diff bushings. I've broken the BMR/lethal big diff bolt bots twice smh. What are the big Bertha bolts?. I'm not overly concerned about the NVH I know it comes with the mod process but I don't wanna feel like I'm riding in a nascar lol

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Are you referring to the Steeda differential support bracket? If so, fyi, I have one on my car and it’s not harsh at all. I drove from Kansas to Florida with it and the ride was nice and smooth.
I like that you can take it off if it was too loud vs the aluminum solid bushings are here to stay. Do you track your car alot? What's your setup?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If NVH is a concern, don't touch the diff bushings.
false. use White-line replacement bushings. The diff growl is not at all obnoxious and you can have a conversation at normal volume just fine.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
false. use White-line replacement bushings. The diff growl is not at all obnoxious and you can have a conversation at normal volume just fine.
Dude, I have the whiteline bushings. Everyone has different thresholds for acceptable NVH, and a surefire way to increase it is to mess with the diff bushings in any form.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, I have the whiteline bushings. Everyone has different thresholds for acceptable NVH, and a surefire way to increase it is to mess with the diff bushings in any form.
sure, but the NVH is downright minor. Unlike the Steeda/BMR 'puck' systems which sing something crazy.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I like that you can take it off if it was too loud vs the aluminum solid bushings are here to stay. Do you track your car alot? What's your setup?
I haven't had the car on the drag strip yet, but I am setting it up to be a nice street/strip car. My suspension setup is as follows:

- Steeda adjustable motor mounts
- Steeda drive shaft safety loop
- Steeda subframe braces
- Steeda full length jacking rails
- Steeda subframe bushing supports
- Steeda differential bushing kit (black bushings) with through bolt kit
- Steeda differential support bracket
- Steeda billet aluminum vertical links with delrin bushings
- Steeda subframe alignment kit
- Steeda RLCA spherical bearings
- Steeda Tri-ax race shifter
- Steeda adjustable toe link kit (on order)
- Whiteline transmission bushing insert

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
sure, but the NVH is downright minor. Unlike the Steeda/BMR 'puck' systems which sing something crazy.
I put in the Steeda soft inserts (don't remember the color) and had no NVH issues. And I'm an NVH freak. I'd have preferred the whiteline bushings but they weren't available. I think the issue is the combination of mods. I took out a Steeda stop the hop and replaced it with Whiteline subframe mounts.
Sorry for muddying the waters.
Sponsored