Vehicle Showcase

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Finally installed my BMR 763 minimum drop springs and PP shocks/struts. Very happy with the results. A big thanks to Brian @ BMR and the members on their posts/information that helped me.
mustang l2am.jpg
mustang lower1.jpg
Your car looks awesome!
When you say "PP shocks/struts" are you talking about the OEM dampers from a performance pack optioned car or the Ford Performance parts?
I'm looking into lowering my car and my wallet is saying keep the PP1 dampers but my head is saying go all in with Steeda Active dampers and springs. The roads where I live are absolute dog shit. Lots of uneven surfaces from freeze/thaw cycles. There are some sections of road that have wavy sections where the rear of the car literally feels like it is being tossed up and down. The suspension seems unable to cope.
So I'm looking for feedback from those that are using the original PP dampers with aftermarket lowering springs.
How is the ride quality and handling with your combo?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finally installed my BMR 763 minimum drop springs and PP shocks/struts. Very happy with the results. A big thanks to Brian @ BMR and the members on their posts/information that helped me.
mustang l2am.jpg
mustang lower1.jpg

Woo wee! That thing looks nice and shiny. Beautiful car!

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Are camber plates or bolts needed to get alignment back in specs with these springs?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Would cutting down the Eibach prokit bumpstops , as mentioned in other posts , be beneficial over cutting down the oem bumpstops? Or, would the switch not really be noticable?

Sponsored

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
Would cutting down the Eibach prokit bumpstops , as mentioned in other posts , be beneficial over cutting down the oem bumpstops? Or, would the switch not really be noticable?
the Eibach bump stops are 2.76” long, so they’re already shorter than stock to begin with. You could cut off the first section of the stem to reduce height further. Instead of doing that at first I’ve tried drilling 4mm holes in different areas to allow them to compress more. Another member recommended it. They’re already more compliant than the OEM bumpers because of the design.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
the Eibach bump stops are 2.76” long, so they’re already shorter than stock to begin with. You could cut off the first section of the stem to reduce height further. Instead of doing that at first I’ve tried drilling 4mm holes in different areas to allow them to compress more. Another member recommended it. They’re already more compliant than the OEM bumpers because of the design.
Would the Eibach stops be a noticable improvement in ride over the cut down oem stops?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Would the Eibach stops be a noticable improvement in ride over the cut down oem stops?
I very much think so. The ford units have this plastic collar interfering with collapse. IMO all these instructions about cutting down OE spacers likewise need to include getting rid of the black ring.

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
Given how much the S550 rides the bump stops in the rear I believe it’s essential to have good ones if you’re lowering. The Eibach stops have made an improvement over the cut down OE ones.

The head design of the Eibach ones is like a mushroom and it compresses well. The Ford OE bump stops are garbage in comparison; on this chassis the bump stops are there to offer a progressive spring rate to the linear rear springs. They are more a “helper spring” than a bump stop. Or at least that’s what I read in researching this.

Cut Ford on left // Eibach on right (with holes I drilled)

4BDE26C2-45DD-4067-8661-DD01127CD2FB.jpeg

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Given how much the S550 rides the bump stops in the rear I believe it’s essential to have good ones if you’re lowering. The Eibach stops have made an improvement over the cut down OE ones.

The head design of the Eibach ones is like a mushroom and it compresses well. The Ford OE bump stops are garbage in comparison; on this chassis the bump stops are there to offer a progressive spring rate to the linear rear springs. They are more a “helper spring” than a bump stop. Or at least that’s what I read in researching this.

Cut Ford on left // Eibach on right (with holes I drilled)

4BDE26C2-45DD-4067-8661-DD01127CD2FB.jpeg
What Eibach bumpstops would I need? Do they need cut with BMR minimum lowering springs?
Sponsored