Sponsored

BMR 4-Point Chassis Brace Analysis & Review (CB006)

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So does the Steeda brand. It speaks for itself with tens of thousands of happy customers over their 28 year history. Me included along with a large part of our almost 600 member Atlanta S550 club.

If you honestly believe that the folks at Steeda were behind this post and persuaded this member to do this, you have serious issues. You've shared your .02 worth and now I am sharing mine. I love how the free world works.
Uh OK? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Great write-up, not sure how I didn't see this until now!

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Great write-up, not sure how I didn't see this until now!
Same here.

This thread is also a shit show of Pro-BMR & Pro-Steeda guys butting heads.

Both companies make great products. I have an entire BMR Stage 3 pro-touring kit on my 70' Chevelle with an LS1 and a bunch of Steeda stuff on the Mustang. Both have proven their engineering, quality, and performance goals to me and I am happy to be called a customer of each. It's a shame this topic has turned into such a pissing contest.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Same here.

Both companies make great products. I have an entire BMR Stage 3 pro-touring kit on my 70' Chevelle with an LS1 and a bunch of Steeda stuff on the Mustang. Both have proven their engineering, quality, and performance goals to me and I am happy to be called a customer of each. It's a shame this topic has turned into such a pissing contest.
Well said.....
I have both on mine & love them both:clap2::)

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Same here.

It's absolutely hilarious to watch the fanboi battles, like the cell phone kids. Let's get super defensive about things we buy and don't develop/engineer/market! Hurrrrr

Sponsored

jb86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Kelly, one question...does this brace interfere with the PP lower K brace?

I'm asking because I don't have the lower K brace, but I plan to get in one of these days. I already bought yours, last time I asked it hasn't shipped yet.

BTW, is the 4 point brace and CB005 in stock yet?
I have PP car and would like to know as well....i ordered the cb005 and cb006 and only received the 05. If it interferes should I change order to cb007?

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just Installed this and it has made quite a noticeable difference in the front end feel of the car. I have had the strut tower brace installed for a year or so and now with this it really tightens up the turn in feel.

Did a vid of the process as well. It was pretty darn easy.

[ame]

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome! Thank you for the video and the feedback!

This item is a great seller for us, especially in the road course community.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I understand people reviewing a product, but this thread is simply catered towards steering people away from BMR. It is apparent.
Sorry for dragging up an old thread. Unfortunately all the back and forth bashing of these companies has left me flat. I have respect for both.

I was struggling with getting the 4 point VS 2 point brace. The Steeda unit was out due to clearance reasons.

My Son is a mechanical engineer at Cummins. I sent him links to both the 2 and 4 point braces. I asked which he thought was a better unit to stabilize the chassis. His response was he would need to do an analytical something or other and really couldn't answer.

I pressed him a bit and he said the 4 point triangulated forces better and he couldn't really see a benefit to the 2 point.

He then reiterated he is not a chassis engineer, and has no idea what goes on with the frame under stress.

I have the CB006 on order and am now worried I made a mistake. I think the bolt hole being oversize is a concern.

Has this been addressed?

I also ordered the hammer tone version. Is the uneven surface from this finish a problem?

I'm not being a troll, these are real concerns and the constant bashing of each company in this thread did nothing to alleviate them.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I will meet with our design engineer and also my direct boss who is the owner of BMR, and we will see what the conclusion is.
Fully aware this is a very old thread, however @BMR Tech if you're still on here I installed a CB006 a few months back and would also like to know what the conclusion was.

Cheers

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Sorry for dragging up an old thread. Unfortunately all the back and forth bashing of these companies has left me flat. I have respect for both.

I was struggling with getting the 4 point VS 2 point brace. The Steeda unit was out due to clearance reasons.

My Son is a mechanical engineer at Cummins. I sent him links to both the 2 and 4 point braces. I asked which he thought was a better unit to stabilize the chassis. His response was he would need to do an analytical something or other and really couldn't answer.

I pressed him a bit and he said the 4 point triangulated forces better and he couldn't really see a benefit to the 2 point.

He then reiterated he is not a chassis engineer, and has no idea what goes on with the frame under stress.

I have the CB006 on order and am now worried I made a mistake. I think the bolt hole being oversize is a concern.

Has this been addressed?

I also ordered the hammer tone version. Is the uneven surface from this finish a problem?

I'm not being a troll, these are real concerns and the constant bashing of each company in this thread did nothing to alleviate them.
I ordered mine last year and everything was perfect. No complaints.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
LMFAO. Forgot all about this thread. Amazing the distance some companies will go isnt it? Oh my.

Brand S just can't simply rely on their products to do the talking, they have to directly go after their competitors. Crazy! I would hate to run my business like that.

OP did you happen to analyze anything else by chance?

As for the BMR brace design, the mounting holes on the cups were made smaller to lessen the effort by the end users to ensure centered properly.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So the holes are smaller?

Good that makes me feel all fuzzy. Supposed to have it delivered tomorrow.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Post the pics and install details in here!

The CB006 is hands down the best front subframe brace for the S550 - in every single way.
Sponsored