Sponsored

BMR 4-Point Chassis Brace Analysis & Review (CB006)

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Wildcat says the OPs red brace had the same problem as his. Just wanted to clarify that the OP showed pictures of a red brace and used a picture of Wildcat's brace to "illustrate the problem with the engineering" (that it would shift when mounted), not that OP had a problem with movement (or showed similar pictures of movement on the red brace).

The only brace that has actually had an issue is Wildcat's brace.

Just clarifying the facts in the thread.

I don't think Wildcat is behind the original smear post, I think pictures of his brace got taken and used without his knowledge somehow since they are clearly different pictures.
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
isnt it funny that the pics in the OPs post are now gone??????????????????????????????????????????

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I will meet with our design engineer and also my direct boss who is the owner of BMR, and we will see what the conclusion is.

It is a shame that we had to be made aware of it in this malicious thread. A really big shame.

We do not hold grudges, but at this point with my Boss's eyes being on this thread, I will hope for the best.

I have your contact info.
Well I hope the outcome is favorable. Whereas I got annoyed when it appeared that this was becoming a squabble, you held yourself back for quite some time and I commend you on that. It was a shame it went the way it did and I truly hope that something meaningful comes out of this, like Dr Fishy's new found respect. ☺

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My apologies than.
No worries. I am a Steeda supporter. Have zero issues with BMR, too. I think Kelly does great work.

1969Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69shelby gt 350
At least you admit there is an issue warranting a vistit to engineering, I dont want hear of anyone getting hurt.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
At least you admit there is an issue warranting a vistit to engineering, I dont want hear of anyone getting hurt.
:lol::lol: Dude, Shut up!
You just came to this forum to create drama. You do not even own a 6th generation Mustang. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Maybe they get free parts or discounts based on how many stupid posts they make in here!!!
When a vendor has to bash another vendors parts to promote their parts that is pretty low. And us guys can see right through their scheme. Best example is this 69shelby character. His 1st and other 8 posts are ALL on this thread. And he does not even own one of our cars. :amen:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
:lol::lol: Dude, Shut up!
You just came to this forum to create drama. You do not even own a 6th generation Mustang. :headbonk:
When a vendor has to bash another vendors parts to promote their parts that is pretty low. And us guys can see right through their scheme. Best example is this 69shelby character. His 1st and other 8 posts are ALL on this thread. And he does not even own one of our cars. :amen:
Easy tiger. They have done their part to drag the conversation down, no need to add to it. Think BMR did a great job handling the situation, probably the best thing now is allow the mods to address the issue (possibility of forum rule violations all over this thread). I'd hate to see you sent to banned camp because you beat someone up verbally (even though there seems to be just cause for it).:cheers:

Regardless of ownership, there should a semblance of civility for anyone who comes on here... except ricers. They deserve to be mocked if they have a fart can or ridiculous looking wing on their car. :thumbsup:

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
you know what really chives my ass? when i put bmr in google search and instead of bmr's URL for me to click on, i get basal metobolic rate BS. BMR's URL is like 3/4 down the page. How lame is that? :D

I have the steeda brace. I don't scrape and am lowered on ford track pack. I have steeda parts and bmr parts. I chose based on price and what i felt was engineered well enough for my purposes. I've had PM's with BMR and think they're a great company. I also don't have any issues with Steeda.

The steeda brace was a bit tricky to install as the tolerances were close. I've done a couple open track events and it looks the same as when i installed it.

If any are bent, i'm guessing they were bent by scraping, not due to chassis flex.

I'm no engineer but i've dabbled in it in high school and college. Based on BMR's own site pictures, there is likely very little sheer force on the front control arm bolt or brace. It is intended to brace the welded OEM factory control arm bracket from flexing rearward under heavy braking which places a rear facing load against the brace and tension on the cup/bolt.

That force is then transferred along the front lateral brace arm and with out the perpendicular piece welded to it, would flex. So now the load is sent along that perpendicular part of the brace to the rear beam of the brace. That rear beam's purpose would be to help limit flex (if any) between the two sides of the chassis but also direct that force from the front control arm welded bracket along that rear mounting location on the BMR brace. If any spot on the brace sees sheer, it would be here. BMR chose to the use the factory rear hole located here to place the mounting location. I'd like to see two bolts on this mounting location instead of just one. However, I feel a large portion of the load is transmitted to the factory subframe and the sheer force isn't as high or within tolerance of the bolt/weld/brace.

If anyone thinks there is any significant sheer on the front control arm bolt, you need to go back to school or stop drinking.

However, I would prefer the tolerances to be tighter on the cup as that cup is really all the material sending any flex of the control arm bracket rear ward. More material in the cup means less deflection and more load dispersal on the washer/bolt hardware.

Based on the pictures originally posted, it looks like the washer spun against the powder coating during install, not of the brace shifting after installation. The wear marks would be lateral, not rotational as shown.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Easy tiger. They have done their part to drag the conversation down, no need to add to it. Think BMR did a great job handling the situation, probably the best thing now is allow the mods to address the issue (possibility of forum rule violations all over this thread). I'd hate to see you sent to banned camp because you beat someone up verbally (even though there seems to be just cause for it).:cheers:

Regardless of ownership, there should a semblance of civility for anyone who comes on here... except ricers. They deserve to be mocked if they have a fart can or ridiculous looking wing on their car. :thumbsup:
My wife calls me "El Tigre" :lol: Thanks for looking out for me. Talked with Mr. BMR and he feels the same way. BMRs brand speaks for itself. :)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My wife calls me "El Tigre" :lol: Thanks for looking out for me. Talked with Mr. BMR and he feels the same way. BMRs brand speaks for itself. :)
So does the Steeda brand. It speaks for itself with tens of thousands of happy customers over their 28 year history. Me included along with a large part of our almost 600 member Atlanta S550 club.

If you honestly believe that the folks at Steeda were behind this post and persuaded this member to do this, you have serious issues. You've shared your .02 worth and now I am sharing mine. I love how the free world works.
Sponsored