Sponsored

BMC GT350 Track Pack spoiler FOR CONVERTIBLES!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You may need to open up the existing holes a tad, but it's mild. Still love my spoiler.

Ordered one last weekend, thanks to the photos and reviews found here!

Question; I have a ‘15 with the OEM blade spoiler. Can I get away with NOT drilling additional holes? I feel like I’ve seen conflicting responses on it.
l love
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You may need to open up the existing holes a tad, but it's mild. Still love my spoiler.

Ordered one last weekend, thanks to the photos and reviews found here!

Question; I have a ‘15 with the OEM blade spoiler. Can I get away with NOT drilling additional holes? I feel like I’ve seen conflicting responses on it.
l love

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Mine shipped! I hadn't thought about checking but I saw this thread get bumped. Looks like it will be here on Tuesday :rockon:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What was wait time?

I ordered on the 17th (early AM), and got shipping confirmation (with a UPS tracking number) today, the 20th, so 4 days? Pretty quick, the original ordered showed 4-7 days wait for shipping (so the low end). I did wind up going with black, so that could be a little quicker color to produce[?] Looks like 3 day UPS, I think there was only one shipping option.

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Let me
I ordered on the 17th (early AM), and got shipping confirmation (with a UPS tracking number) today, the 20th, so 4 days? Pretty quick, the original ordered showed 4-7 days wait for shipping (so the low end). I did wind up going with black, so that could be a little quicker color to produce[?] Looks like 3 day UPS, I think there was only one shipping option.
Let me know how the install goes....I'm afraid to drill holes in my car .....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
FWIW, one thing I did to have a little more fine control was to use a Dremel vs. a full sized drill motor. It was easy to brace with my hands and very carefully hit the exact mark for the hole (the thin aluminum is super easy to drill)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
WOWOWOW.

Me likey :D

Got it in today, nicely packaged up, paint looks very good (it's black, so, should be something they've done plenty of times). Removed the mounting bolts, just sat it on the car, looks __amazing__. Sit very flush, more so than the MMD I had, love how it follows the contour/lines of the trunk lid, the black just pops against the OF (you guys and my wife were all right :D)

Pics when it's mounted, car cleaned up, etc., neck deep in some code, probably won't do anything with it today (other than occasionally pop into the garage to check it out).

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
But...does it match the surfboard???

CVCashmere

WOWOWOW.

Me likey :D

Got it in today, nicely packaged up, paint looks very good (it's black, so, should be something they've done plenty of times). Removed the mounting bolts, just sat it on the car, looks __amazing__. Sit very flush, more so than the MMD I had, love how it follows the contour/lines of the trunk lid, the black just pops against the OF (you guys and my wife were all right :D)

Pics when it's mounted, car cleaned up, etc., neck deep in some code, probably won't do anything with it today (other than occasionally pop into the garage to check it out).

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I wound up using 4 of the available 6 screws, the outer 2 were too far outboard. I almost added some 3M take too, but I think I'm pretty good :)

I covered the screws with Automotive Goop, figured that would: 1) lock the fasteners down, and 2) provide a seal around the hole.

BTW, I used a 1/4" max size (vs. the 5/16" recommended). Started super small with a Dremel for a pilot hole, then a full sized drill and stepped it up two sizes (ending in the 1/4").

Oh, and it misses the OEM antenna by like 1/4" :D

Last edited:

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Received mine from BMC on Wednesday with this nice little chip in it. It was super well packaged and box was in perfect condition so it definitely happened prior to shipping. Working with them to get a refund or replacement.

upload_2019-9-26_17-1-5.jpeg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Received mine from BMC on Wednesday with this nice little chip in it. It was super well packaged and box was in perfect condition so it definitely happened prior to shipping. Working with them to get a refund or replacement.

upload_2019-9-26_17-1-5.jpeg
Oh shit! Wow, that's a bummer, let us know how the customer service works out, I was pretty happy with the quick response about the color, so hopefully they're quick to resolve a clear manufacturing/paint/packaging issue.
Sponsored