Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Why this switch I think the Steeda 2 piece rotors are lighter than the Brembo's by some margin. Also the PP brake pads are not grate for the track go with something else.
Well, the Steeda fronts are the 14" rotors for the Base GT 4 piston calipers, which will no longer be usable once I swap in the Brembo. So, rather than purchase another expensive 2 pc rotor I decided to simply use blank OEM rotors all around. Just a more economical approach. This allows me to sell the Steeda rotors as a set, which a potential buyer will more likely want. It would be a great upgrade for someone with a base GT or Eco PP.
I don't foresee having an issue with the brakes. If I have to go I can upgrade to GLOC R10/R8 something like that down the road if necessary, but don't think it'll be a problem at all.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
It's 90 degrees today...I know what you're doing

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just installed the 6 piston Brembos. Well... yesterday I did, but I had to bleed them a 2nd time because my first attempt wasn't there. I also installed fresh rotors and pads for the rears yesterday.

Took it out for a test drive. Definitely more solid feel and an upgrade over the 4 piston brakes. Better than the Steeda rotors and GLOC GS-1 pads.

The tires are also helping my stopping ability. Their grip and handling in the corners is tremendous. Once they warm up, they stick. Seems to like lower pressures and once I did that, feels great! Huge confidence.

Not a great pic. But car was dirty and I had just mounted the calipers.
20200516_151207.jpg

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
A shot of new MRR M600 19x11 ET24 & 50 and 305/30R19 Potenza RE-71R
20200507_165139.jpg
You're on BMR springs right? I'd like to get an idea of what mine will look like, I'm also going 305/30r19 all around

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well, with everything going on I find myself not posting on here much anymore. I'm still getting the car ready to do more track events and have fun with it. This COVID-19 crisis has caused me to reflect on a lot of things. In the event I don't return to the forum I just wanted thank everyone here who has helped me along the way to make the car the best it can be. It's been fun and educational to talk with you all. My friends out there you know where to find me.

Cheers everyone. I hope everyone is doing okay amidst this tumultuous time in our country and our lives. Stay positive, smile and laugh a lot and focus on the important things in life.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
. This COVID-19 crisis has caused me to reflect on a lot of things. In the event I don't return to the forum I just wanted thank everyone here who has helped me along the way to make the car the best it can be. It's been fun and educational to talk with you all. My friends out there you know where to find me.

Cheers everyone. I hope everyone is doing okay amidst this tumultuous time in our country and our lives. Stay positive, smile and laugh a lot and focus on the important things in life.
I'm sure like me you will feel that spending what we are spending on track is not worth it mostly because you are not doing it but believe me once you get to the track and this will happen you will know that it's worth it :)

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm sure like me you will feel that spending what we are spending on track is not worth it mostly because you are not doing it but believe me once you get to the track and this will happen you will know that it's worth it :)
Yep... you got me. Lol
The trackcross event yesterday did that to me.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
How was it ? And when is your next track event ?
It was great, except for the fact they messed up some of the times so my best runs weren't counted. Also, they disallowed my Schroth harness, even though NASA approves it... smh
@Biggsy was with me.

The RE71Rs were a HUGE upgrade. So much more predictable at the limit and when you push a little over it comes back. Next event is July 12th at Dominion Raceway. Trackcross again.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
***Edited for actual figures of aero analysis.

The car has had some recent changes.

- Verus Engineering rear diffuser
- Corsa Sport catback

When I installed the ZL1 I went back there to check the clearance where the sway bar mount bracket for the diffuser was supposed to go, and noticed the muffler inlet pipe was going to interfere. So, I had already been considering an exhaust upgrade from my Gibson catback for a couple years now. Then after discovering it would interfere with installing the diffuser I said what the hey. So I turned to my trusty friend Brian @Brian@BMVK who has much experience with the S550 exhaust systems and I decided on the Corsa Sport. I knew I wanted a Corsa but wasn't sure about Xtreme vs. Sport. It was a very hard decision and I probably would have been happy with both. In the end, the volume/attention level was the deciding factor. Boy, I am not disappointed in the Corsa. It sounds AMAZING. I see now why people would pay a premium for this. I used to think of it as - hey its just metal pipes. But it's a lot more than that. The engineering put into it is very impressive and makes all the difference. They weren't kidding - this exhaust as zero drone and it can very quiet when you want it to... And then loud when you want it to. It has an exotic growl and snarl to it, as well as clear firing events all the way up the rpm range. The Gibson didn't have any of that. It sounded good, but it was too smooth and muted, plus the drone it had would wear on ya over time. I have to get used to most of the sound coming out the back now. The Gibson was an all encompassing noise, which I loved. It was primitive and unrefined. The best way I can describe the Corsa is that it sounds alive. It changes character with throttle input, rpm and gear change and it's so much fun just trying to coax different noises out of it. I even get some minor crackles and pops, almost like it wasn't intentional but still sounds good. I don't like too many loud pops and bangs so this is not that at all. Just a little crackle/pop every now and then on decel. I'm super thrilled with the exhaust sound and it is spurring me on.

It took some adjustments to get it where I wanted and also in combination with the diffuser which is adjustable with spacers and slots in the brackets. Tim @SAY WHAT was there to assist me since. He had already installed the Xtreme on his car and I assisted him in installing his Verus diffuser awhile back, so he was one of the ones that convinced me to get it. After much adjusting and fiddling, we decided to use the smallest spacer and bring the diffuser up as far to the body as possible per Verus's recommendations. I really like the effect now of the rear end, and of the entire car with the splitter in front, decklid spoiler and diffuser in the back and those two beautiful exhaust tips.

Per Verus's analysis - with their diffuser and front splitter which should not be to dissimilar from my ZL1 splitter extension - the stock S550 goes from 50 lbs. of lift at 100 mph and ~140 lbs. of lift at 150 mph, compared to 50 lbs. of downforce at 100 mph and 100 lbs. of downforce at 150 mph with their splitter and diffuser package. So you're getting at least a 100 lb. in the net downforce generated at 100+ mph. I have the analysis document if anyone wants it.

In addition, the diffuser is supposed to reduce drag by covering up the pockets in the rear bumper which acts like a parachute. So far with the diffuser I was noticing some MPG increase. I will do some longer trips to verify. Also am noticing a more stable front end also at speed with the ZL1 splitter extension.

I'll post up some pics and maybe one more later, with a close up of the rear after bringing the diffuser up more. Two more events on the schedule - this Sunday at Dominion Raceway and then it's back to Summit Point - Jefferson on the 26th. Looking forward to it @Biggsy and @SAY WHAT !
20200707_155715.jpg
20200707_155455.jpg

Last edited:

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Super jelly on the rear diffuser. Will have to pick one of those up at some point. Car sure does look amazing (and FAST). Hope you enjoy your upcoming events and am curious to hear your thoughts on the car after the upgrades.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Super jelly on the rear diffuser. Will have to pick one of those up at some point. Car sure does look amazing (and FAST). Hope you enjoy your upcoming events and am curious to hear your thoughts on the car after the upgrades.
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I will definitely circle back and share my thoughts. Also take a look above as I edited my post with the actual aero figures.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Here is a couple pics. The first showing the rear end effect with the diffuser brought all the way up. I am really happy with how it came out.

After taking a long highway trip, I feel very comfortable in saying I've gained 4-5 mpg cruising at about 65-70 mph with the Verus diffuser. I used to get about 19-20 on long trips with how it was setup. I was seeing as much as 25.9 avg. on the way there and 24.8ish? on the way back.

Consider that I have splitter, RE71Rs, GT350 track pack spoiler - all drag penalties, and also I have a tune and 3.55 gears. Stock I would see 27-28, but let's face it, with mods there is typically a compromise.
20200709_204627.jpg
20200710_121244.jpg
Sponsored