Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Are the 3 valve motors you are talking about 4.6 liter Ford engines?
Yes. I could have been clearer. Mustang GT's SOHC 3 vavle 4.6L V8. Also, these where N/A builds.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That class action is interesting. Will consumption issues fall under "failure" as described on that attorneys website? And more so, who exactly is paying out of pocket? Any case I recall of someone being denied a warranty was with a tune, and that one most likely could have been won had the owner chose to battle. Is there grounds for a class action when from what I've seen, Ford seems to be throwing engines left and right at these replacement cases?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Wanted to report another successful track weekend, especially for my birthday, with no engine issues whatsoever. Ambient temps in 90's, engine temps in 250+, advanced group. Car now has 11k miles. Ran against a 718 GTS, Alfa 4C and a variety of boosted GT's. It is a short track, 1.4 miles. Hard on brakes and tires. The R did very well and was faster than the boosted GT variants and the GTS. What a car! What an engine! Hope everyone has better luck with theirs.
DSC00644.JPG
DSC_3724.JPG

Why would you post this in this thread? I think it is interesting that you felt the need to do so.

Regardless, it looks like fun and I'm glad you had a successful/fun track weekend!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
How many instances are there of rejected warranties?
None that I've heard. I and others were given the runaround for quite awhile before Ford decided to swap the engine/try and resolve the issue though. That was early on though and I'm not sure if that is still happening or not.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
How many instances are there of rejected warranties?
I've heard of one. It was for an oil pump seal but apparently the warranty was denied cause the thing had a tune on it. A layer would have a field day with that one. Why the owner did not demand a debate over how a tune caused an oil pump seal to fail is beyond me. I thought that bit was in this thread.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Why would you post this in this thread? I think it is interesting that you felt the need to do so.

Regardless, it looks like fun and I'm glad you had a successful/fun track weekend!
Glad you found it interesting as it should be. This is proof of my engine being run hard and performing exceptionally vs my previous car that had an engine failure which was also run hard. My first engine failed at 4k miles. Why I have no clue, Ford didn't say. My IMO from my experiences with engines, I had a bearing failure. This is Speculation at best as. Speculation is all there is for the many engine that have been replaced without holes in the cylinder block. Speculation is all we have because Ford does not give a definitive answer. There are very few out there that have had what i would say is a verifiable undisputed engine failure, "blown engine", Like Tony's car @tlisotta and that of a friend of mine on FB. Now, why did I share this here? 1. I had an engine failure with previous car. 2. Second engine had a casting deformity. 3. 2nd 350 has had no engine performance issues. So to answer your question simply, I posted here to add to the dialogue. Some engine fail and some engines don't. Not trying to trivializing anything. However the majority of this thread is all conjecture and the performance of the engine in my R is not.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I've heard of one. It was for an oil pump seal but apparently the warranty was denied cause the thing had a tune on it. A layer would have a field day with that one. Why the owner did not demand a debate over how a tune caused an oil pump seal to fail is beyond me. I thought that bit was in this thread.
That is my friend on FB. He had a tune and a variety of other mods since his car is a tech car. The dealer didn't help his situation. Ford has since amended his warranty cancellation and cancelled only the power train, suspension and exhaust.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
That class action is interesting. Will consumption issues fall under "failure" as described on that attorneys website? And more so, who exactly is paying out of pocket? Any case I recall of someone being denied a warranty was with a tune, and that one most likely could have been won had the owner chose to battle. Is there grounds for a class action when from what I've seen, Ford seems to be throwing engines left and right at these replacement cases?
yeah that verbiage made it sound like it will never gain traction. one case in the prime time about no coverage, and i think this entire time i've only seen one more not covered, but he deleted everything so who knows if he ended up getting a motor in the end. unless they are gonna try to include rental car fees and diminished value, i don't see what good will come of that suit.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Glad you found it interesting as it should be. This is proof of my engine being run hard and performing exceptionally vs my previous car that had an engine failure which was also run hard. My first engine failed at 4k miles. Why I have no clue, Ford didn't say. My IMO from my experiences with engines, I had a bearing failure. This is Speculation at best as. Speculation is all there is for the many engine that have been replaced without holes in the cylinder block. Speculation is all we have because Ford does not give a definitive answer. There are very few out there that have had what i would say is a verifiable undisputed engine failure, "blown engine", Like Tony's car @tlisotta and that of a friend of mine on FB. Now, why did I share this here? 1. I had an engine failure with previous car. 2. Second engine had a casting deformity. 3. 2nd 350 has had no engine performance issues. So to answer your question simply, I posted here to add to the dialogue. Some engine fail and some engines don't. Not trying to trivializing anything. However the majority of this thread is all conjecture and the performance of the engine in my R is not.
What’s the saying? 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. :wink:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Fuck -

Add a 2016 R to the count. Buddy back in WA (not on the forum) had cylinder 8 fail a compression test after the check engine light came on during a track day. Early guess is valve seal. Car is heavily tracked. Will update when Ford decides course of action.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
I MAY have a blown engine. RHD 2018 GT 10 speed 3,200 Klms. Driving at walking pace past some show homes that we were inspecting I heard a light metallic sound as if I’d driven over something. Engine stopped. Luckily it wasn’t going fast. A few drops of fluid trail on the road. I smelt it. Not water condensation from AC. Underneath a small pool of fluid. About 5”.

Visual under car using phone video I see nothing unusual.

I’m guessing if it had happened at high RPM major damage may have happened.

Car will not turn over under it’s own battery. Ford roadside assist connected a battery booster and I turned it over and it made bad noises so I stopped cranking it in case it started.

t’s going to the dealer to check. It had had its free service two days earlier - about 200 Klms earlier.

Car has never been thrashed or tracked. Once warm it’s been driven daily the way it should be but no misuse.

Any clues?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I MAY have a blown engine. RHD 2018 GT 10 speed 3,200 Klms. Driving at walking pace past some show homes that we were inspecting I heard a light metallic sound as if I’d driven over something. Engine stopped. Luckily it wasn’t going fast. A few drops of fluid trail on the road. I smelt it. Not water condensation from AC. Underneath a small pool of fluid. About 5”.

Visual under car using phone video I see nothing unusual.

I’m guessing if it had happened at high RPM major damage may have happened.

Car will not turn over under it’s own battery. Ford roadside assist connected a battery booster and I turned it over and it made bad noises so I stopped cranking it in case it started.

t’s going to the dealer to check. It had had its free service two days earlier - about 200 Klms earlier.

Car has never been thrashed or tracked. Once warm it’s been driven daily the way it should be but no misuse.

Any clues?
Wrong sub-forum my friend.

Post this over in the S550 general section or the V8 5.0L Engine / Mods section and you'll have better luck than this GT350 specific section.