Blowfish Racing shifter mount, Steeda transmission mount bushing review

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I've had these on my car using the stock shifter since Friday, and have driven around town, from Rockville to Annapolis MD and back twice, and to Alexandria VA and back. This is just how the car should have come from the factory! It shifts so positively now! I haven't had a chance to really jump on it, and this was done in conjunction with all of the other listed modifications in my signature. There seems to be a little more noise from about 50-70 mph, but I'm not sure if that's due to my suspension modifications, the driveshaft (carbon one-piece), the Steeda bushing, or the fact that the shop seems to have increased my tire pressure to 37lbs according to the TPMS -- my mechanic says his gauge read low, so he put a few pounds in. I suppose it could be a combination of all mods together -- it makes it difficult to review one part, as the driveshaft has also impacted how the clutch engages, having increased torsional twist, and a greater damping effect on the driveline (things like the "thud" going into gear from a stop is much more faint, etc.) My understanding is that the Blowfish mount can be used with any aftermarket shifter that doesn't replace the entire shifter -- and it has its own bracket. It's a very stout piece that also acts as a safety loop. So far the gates are perfectly aligned, and there's nothing uncomfortable about how it shifts. There's a slight vibration visible on the knob now, but nothing major -- this may be partly due to the Steeda insert -- also, thanks to that piece, I have not noticed any movement of the shifter under load. All of the main advantages of the MGW, but without the shorter throw, and a safety loop -- so now I can figure out if I want to get a short-throw shifter, or just leave it.
Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Steeda tranny bushing is for sure limiting movement of the shifter by limiting the transmission movement. Could contribute a little noise too. The Blowish is connected directly to the tranny just like the MGW and both will move around with throttle. This is how top loaders would feel.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
:thumbsup:Feels good - like it should!
Sponsored