Blowfish Racing safety loop rattle?

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
When I had my super charger installed back in Feb, I also had the dealer install the Blowfish safety loop, and the car sounded great. Over the last few hundred miles its developed a rattle, to best describe the sound if you remember when older models had a tack welded cover on a cat, it would sometimes come loose and vibrate, that is what this sounds like and its most pronounced in the 2K rpm range. The work was done at a dealership 200 miles from me, and since I didn't know the source, I had taken it to my local Ford dealer that was also a Roush dealer in the event it was something engine related. From what the tech told me, the bracket now vibrates in resonance with that specific RPM if the motor, and its not hurting anything, everything is tight on the BFR and it is not causing a problem. After the car warms up, the issue seems to increase in volume, and shifter also becomes warmer to the touch. I didn't do the installation myself, but would think a dealership that sells them would have installed it correctly? I will not that since the install, the shifter has always been warmer and the noise has developed recently. Anyone experience this?
Sponsored

CanadaCalvin88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The reverse lockout collar rattled on my car after I installed the blowfish shifter mount. I fixed the problem by installing a solid billet steeda reverse lockout collar. Is that where you noise is coming from? As for increase in temperature, the installer probably didn't push the shifter bracket up high enough to seal the shifter box against the trans tunnel.

OP
OP
94gt

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
The reverse lockout collar rattled on my car after I installed the blowfish shifter mount. I fixed the problem by installing a solid billet steeda reverse lockout collar. Is that where you noise is coming from? As for increase in temperature, the installer probably didn't push the shifter bracket up high enough to seal the shifter box against the trans tunnel.
I don't think the noise is coming from the shifter itself, but I can check that easy enough

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Are you seeing false knock as a result of it?

OP
OP
94gt

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Are you seeing false knock as a result of it?
Does not sound like a knock or tick (my 2012 had the tick), but this is a rattle, like something tapping something hollow; I will try to get a video of it because after an hour driving it becomes much more audible

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Does not sound like a knock or tick (my 2012 had the tick), but this is a rattle, like something tapping something hollow; I will try to get a video of it because after an hour driving it becomes much more audible
I meant are you seeing the knock sensors pulling timing because of it? You would need to be datalogging to know. The sensors detect vibration and pull timing, it could be costing you some power.

OP
OP
94gt

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
I meant are you seeing the knock sensors pulling timing because of it? You would need to be datalogging to know. The sensors detect vibration and pull timing, it could be costing you some power.
I'm not data logging
Sponsored