Sponsored

Blowfish MT82 Shifter Support Bracket Discontinued?

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey gang,

I'm looking for ways to reduce or remove the nibble I have in my MT82 (2nd to 3rd gear). In my online research a product that seems to help greatly is the Blowfish Shifter support bracket... but it's no longer available at American Muscle, and even on Blowfish's website the item is no longer available? What gives?

https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/104-2015-mustang-v6gtecoboost-shifter-support-bracket.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/blowfish-shifter-support-bracket-1516.html
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mgw or Barton hybrid 3 >>>>>>>> blowfish.

Spend a bit more and go this route depending on your reverse lockout preference

Trust me

Nibble completely gone.

If you want a hair more relief (they are butter smooth) warmed up. But I switched to bg syncroshift, it’s smooth cold. Oem fluid took few mins to fully warm up/smooth operating fluids

OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Mgw or Barton hybrid 3 >>>>>>>> blowfish.

Spend a bit more and go this route depending on your reverse lockout preference

Trust me

Nibble completely gone.

If you want a hair more relief (they are butter smooth) warmed up. But I switched to bg syncroshift, it’s smooth cold. Oem fluid took few mins to fully warm up/smooth operating fluids
I'm torn on what direction to go. I have a little nibble... but sometimes I read that the MGW and Barton actually adds nibble to the shifts? Opinions are all over the map... I though this bracket was a great option, but apparently it's not available anymore

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I hated my car dude. Ducking hated it.

My 2013 Scion tC shifted smoother than my mustang. I ponied up 350 bucks for Barton, and had friend help me install it. Tossed him 50 for hour of help.

Man, it was so smooth. Zero nibble, except on dead cold car in winter. Well til I switched fluid. Only diff was

New fluid was smoother almost instantly, vs oem needing to warm up to be 100% smooth.

Mgw and Barton both great but mgw is push down reverse which I do not want, my cars are pull up, so I chose Barton for oem reverse

Blowfish- it was available when I was looking. It’s a small bandaid assist for the nibble.

I chose to spend 180 more for the real deal.

It’s legit for real.

Here’s a pic of mine, and a bacon chicken ranch Costco bake.

Oh ps. If you read a post about Barton and nibble, it’s because they didn’t adjust the Barton. Once installed you do a small alignment thing, takes 30 seconds. Do it before you toss together fully. But anyway that fixed everyone’s stuff. If you have it unaligned Itl hit the shift gates because, well isn’t aligned lol. Self explanatory

Can body mount Ie. Similar to blowfish, or tranny Mount
I body mounted myself

No regrwt

63B355B5-487A-4D89-B688-615E70D369F7.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I hated my car dude. Ducking hated it.

My 2013 Scion tC shifted smoother than my mustang. I ponied up 350 bucks for Barton, and had friend help me install it. Tossed him 50 for hour of help.

Man, it was so smooth. Zero nibble, except on dead cold car in winter. Well til I switched fluid. Only diff was

New fluid was smoother almost instantly, vs oem needing to warm up to be 100% smooth.

Mgw and Barton both great but mgw is push down reverse which I do not want, my cars are pull up, so I chose Barton for oem reverse

Blowfish- it was available when I was looking. It’s a small bandaid assist for the nibble.

I chose to spend 180 more for the real deal.

It’s legit for real.

Here’s a pic of mine, and a bacon chicken ranch Costco bake.

Oh ps. If you read a post about Barton and nibble, it’s because they didn’t adjust the Barton. Once installed you do a small alignment thing, takes 30 seconds. Do it before you toss together fully. But anyway that fixed everyone’s stuff. If you have it unaligned Itl hit the shift gates because, well isn’t aligned lol. Self explanatory

Can body mount Ie. Similar to blowfish, or tranny Mount
I body mounted myself

No regrwt

63B355B5-487A-4D89-B688-615E70D369F7.jpeg
I think I'm sold. The Barton would be the direction I'd go as well as I like to lift into reverse, rather than push down.

Thanks for taking the time to send me your thoughts.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
One major thought I want to share

I followed the video to the T on install.

There’s these 2 little fucking springs that goes into the shift housing, he said. “ I recommend you try these before not using them” so I tossed them in. Fully installed EVERYTHING, trim etc

Drove around block

Dawg. I ducking hated it

It was so firm going left to right in the shift gates. I guess racers like that, for “precise” or some shit. No idea

Drove back opened it up, threw springs into trash. It’s effortless, it’s solid precise, and I am not flexing my damn bicep to go from 2 to 3 and 3 to 5 lol.

The left to right action, the springs put pressure. Prob for like drag racing etc. helps keep the gates from mis shifting or something

Or I’m simply too weak. But some people dig em.

My advice before you put everything together, take it for a test drive around block. If it’s too firm, remove springs, drive around block. Decide put together

Cost me an easy 40 mins breaking it all back down

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Free penguin don’t you have an eco? Barton says GT only for their shifter. What gives?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They have a ecoboost version. Gotta contact Barton directly. I was one of the first hybrid 3s made for ecoboost.

I also got 15% off just for asking if they could work with me. Can’t hurt to ask, and they didn’t charge me tax

Nowhere else was near the price

It’s quite possible no one ever added ecoboost model to website, maybe not a large seller. Idk.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Took about 2 hours or so on Jack stands

Maybe 1.5 hours. I asked a friend for help, because you do stuff in car and under. Kinda back to back, gave him 50 bucks for some beer money. Nothing hard
Just a tad tedious

Really like mine being body mounted though. Most people trans Mount

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If you have ANY questions message

I only had one issue, the little shift grommet boot seemed a bit hard to get around the base of my shift stuff, it’s basically a rubber condom.

I trimmed off 1 inch of it. After I did that it folded right over the shifter securely.

I can’t find a photo of it, but send me a photo of it and I can show ya, but I would install it unless you have similar issue where it is simply too hard to push down over the assembly. Then trim a little off it. After the small trim w a razor, it folded right over it cake

That was only hiccup

It’s blurry but you can kinda see the weird rubber thing covering the assembly. Mine was just tapered in too right, trimming a little back made bigger opening so I could roll the rubber over it

Literally a condom. Lmao

5233CF16-E5AB-49D9-BA80-E1718C2D2577.jpeg

The shift rubber goes over the assemblage once you’re done, and also there’s memory foam looking stuff a little sheet of it goes down under it with a sheet of dynamat. All for removing NVH I believe and sound

76B9458F-EAE1-4F53-85F0-0BBCBC634759.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Barton will do you right give them a call ask

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why does it say that it fits 2015-2019 only? Makes no sense, since 2020s are identical to 2019s. Maybe they meant pre-D4s with rev-matching, so 2015-2018???

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Another option for you to consider, https://www.boombaracing.com/transmission-9/?sort=featured&page=1
I have the trans mount and shifter assembly along with the BG syncroshift fluid in my car. I'm happy, the trans is still a little noisy but I've never experience a lockout and the fluid change makes a significant difference.

Bracket.jpg
Mount.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Man, those pieces look like art. Ha ha. Definitely higher NVH than stock, right?
Sponsored