Lazv19

Lazv19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
2016 eco boost 2016 gt 2021gt
Just a little update so I’m still without my car but they’ve taken apart my motor and only thing they’ve told me is piston failure but they are sending information to ford to get a warranty for new motor
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lazv19

Lazv19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
I havnt been told that it is getting fixed just they they are trying to get it fixed under warranty

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
So big update I was approved for a motor replacement under warranty WOOHOO and my car will be ready by early next week
Did you put it back to stock before taking it to the dealer? Glad you got the green light on the warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lazv19

Lazv19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
Did you put it back to stock before taking it to the dealer? Glad you got the green light on the warranty.
Yes I put everything back to stock except my cat back bc it was welded in place

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I didn't blow any motors yet back then but it wasn't for lack of trying. I think that alone is a testament to how tough and reliable the old Windsors really were and less a statement about me.
aint that the truth! the number of times i missed 3rd in my 95 5.0, accidentally over revved it, my friend trying to shift quickly from 3rd to 4th but putting it in 2nd instead... (that one really hurt to witness and could have been FAR worse) all this in a 95 5.0 that had 97,xxx before i ever got into it. the BS we did and survived...

that's all i have to contribute, i know nothing about ecoboosts, so good luck OP! :rockon:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Yes I put everything back to stock except my cat back bc it was welded in place
Same thing happened to me. Removed all of the parts and the tune and 'key cycled' the motor a boat load of times to bury the re-flash as deep as possible. They rebuilt the motor no questions asked. If you're completely sold out on modding your car, taking the time to go back to stock and having a friendly dealer greatly increases your chances of any warranty claims being approved.

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Worst comes to worst you contact ford and talk to the "regional service manager" my guy helped me multiple times getting a free alignment, new interior roof lining, new cluster gauges. And all I had to do was keep b^#&#ing
Sponsored