ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to installing the BlackVue DR750X-2Ch and the Power Magic Batter Pack B-112
  • Took everything out of the boxes to see what was there and make sure I had everything. Seem to all be there.
  • First thing I did was just test the two cameras (front and rear) just to make sure they worked.
  • In order to do this, you need to download the BlackVue app and write down your front camera’s WIFI password.
  • Take off the front camera mount and it’s right there on the camera.
  • Once I made sure both cameras worked, I mounted them.
  • It makes sense to ensure that you have the app open, and you are using the live view when you position and mount the cameras; you want to see the view.
  • Once positioned, peel the backs off the M3 tape and install.
  • I disconnected the cables from the front camera and the rear and decided that I would run the rear camera cable first as this seem to be the one that would be the most challenging.
  • The rear camera cable needs to run along the driver’s side, unless there is a way to reverse the camera view. IDK and didn’t care to look, so I just ran the cable this way.
  • The review mirror has a cover that goes up to the head liner which the stock cable comes out of. There is a notch that cable comes out of, I used that notch to run the cable through to the other side from the back of the front camera.
    IMG_3309.jpg
  • I didn’t really pull any interior off; I simply ran the cable along the windshield under the head liner and then over, just pushing it under the interior. I did try to make an effort to ensure none of the cable would interfere with any of the air bags. I hope I did good enough and never find out if I did or didn’t. BlackVue provides a tool to use.
  • For the door I just stuck it up in the rubber seal for the door, seemed to work well. The rubber seal covers the edge of the head liner, so this is where I stuck it.
    IMG_3311.jpg
  • Getting to the back of the car was a little tricky. I did take the pillar off in the back not completely just basically pull the top out. Stuffed and moved the cable around as much as I could to make it fit.
  • At this point there is a crap load of cable left over. I zipped tied and stuffed it up towards the front of the car, avoiding as much of the air bags as I could. Basically, behind the head liner, seems to be some void there.
    IMG_3314.jpg
  • And I just tucked the rest of the cable leading to the camera in the head liner. I feel I might have to come back to this later. Maybe use some of the clips provided.
  • Before I started to install the cable for the front camera, I needed to find a spot for the Power Magic Battery Pack B-112. Which is much bigger than I expected it would be.
  • My first option is the glove box. My only concern with this spot, how hot will this battery pack get and being in the glove box it’s not getting any kind of air flow. I don’t know if the battery pack can overheat or not.
  • After about 20 minutes of deliberation with myself. I decided to put the battery pack on the fuse panel.
    IMG_3317.jpg
  • There is a lot of space up and behind the fuse panel, so I could stuff any cables I need to in that spot.
  • The cable was a little easier to install and not as much as the rear.
  • I popped the pillar, I decided not to take it all the way out. I did remove that piece on the side of the dash with the hole in it and popped out the bottom interior of the inside frame and then the running board piece. Basically, just popped them enough to fit the cable in.
    IMG_3324.jpg
  • I did run the front camera cable in reverse through the pillar. This seem to be easier and so you don’t have to run all of that extra cable and then routed the rest of the cable down to the fuse box area. This would be the route you take as well if you were going to hard wire the camera.
  • The batter pack comes with screws and velcro, I used the velcro to attach it to the fuse panel.
  • Next was to run the power cable from the cigarette lighter to the battery pack.
  • I tried to hide this cable as much as possible, the only part is a little bit of the cable is still visible by the knee panel. The cable runs behind and then up underneath the glove box.
    IMG_3331.jpg
  • Underneath the glove box are two holes and I zipped tied the cable to those holes. Not sure what they are for, but it worked in my favor.
    IMG_3325.jpg
  • Extra cable left over from the front camera was zipped tied and stuffed up and behind the fuse panel, in the back corner of the interior.
    IMG_3326.jpg
IMG_3327.jpg

A couple of videos attached. Overall, it was much easier than I was expecting. I know I made short cuts, so I didn’t have to remove a bunch of interior pieces. Easy enough but just didn’t want to mess with it all.

The battery pack clips into the holder. If you don’t make sure it clips in it will eventually just fall out. It makes and audible click, so you know it is in. Lessoned learned.

The front camera gets hot. I took a 30-minute drive or so and then to the grocery store for about 20 mins. By the time I got home the camera was extremely hot. I don’t know if this is from power or because the sun was beating on it. I’ll look into it.

Looking at the videos from my initial drive, there seems to be a reason why it records audio and then doesn’t. Some of the videos have no sound and other times while driving it did. I need to figure that out as well.

My view of the set up when driving.

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

Passenger view

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ABADHBT

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Follow up to the install. It's been about two weeks give or take. The camera is working well, what isn't working well is the velcro they provided for the battery back up. Below is after a week of being stuck to the fuse panel. I've never seen the sticker part of velcro actually come off the velcro itself. BlackVue provides two pieces, I will apply the new one and see how it goes. Before I do I'll give the panel a good cleaning. If all else fails I'll use some Scotch 3M velcro see if that holds up better. Sorry for the blurry image.

Blackvue_Velcro.jpg

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I can tell you right now my f800 pro paid for its self after a hit and run. Looked back at the footage and found the car in the parking lot and had the cops called.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ABADHBT

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it took a lot of the leg work out of it. My only thoughts going forward are how am I going to do the battery. I kind of want to do a fuse tap/hardwire so I don't have to fill up the cigarette lighter, not that I use it but I do keep my sunglasses on the pad right in front of it.
Agree, I thought about that but know a few people that have had their car battery drained because of it. The main reason why I went with the external battery. I don't use the tray so it's no issue on the cord being there to plug in.

OP
OP
ABADHBT

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I dont run the battery backup, but wired mine to the dome light power in the roof. No issues with it.

OP
OP
ABADHBT

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Up date to the crappy velcro, not sure if it is the velcro or the hard plastic of the fuse door. The Scotch velcro held up much better, but after about a month or so, it decided to release itself. I decided to take of the fuse door and screw on the battery bracket. Honestly I should have just done this from the get go.

When installing the bracket make sure it is upside down. If you don't, the battery won't clip in right with the connectors on top. If you have it right side up, the battery will connect with the connectors on the bottom. I preferred to have them on top so I can talk any excess wire behind the fuse door. I used the supplied that came with the battery; however, I did add one longer screw in place of a supplied screw. A little more bite with the longer screw and a little security as the supplied screws are not that long. Also notice I made sure the longer screw was behind the bump out for one of the doors connectors.

Pics below.

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg
Sponsored