Sponsored

Black wrap various parts on my GT

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all,

Never been someone who makes cosmetic changes to any of my cars but am seriously considering having the following wrapped gloss black as i have the gloss black roof on my silver GT, now also with tinted rear window and rear qtr windows.

1) Both wing mirrors
2) The rear deck lid chrome GT and chrome surround
3) Both 5.0 wing badges
4) The front grill Mustang emblem

What do people think, anyone done this themselves? Any pitfalls of wrapping? Removing I assume can be done? I would use PVM in Manchester as they did my tints and do wraps on really high end cars, seem to be a well thought of outfit.
Sponsored

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Can't comment on the wing mirrors or the decklid but personally I think it would probably be easier to buy black wing badges and front grill emblem rather than have them wrapped. I would imagine that as they are small they might be fairly tricky to wrap and more prone to the wrap lifting due to the complexity of the shapes. OEM wing badges from rates-ford ebay are £18 each or £34 for a set. OEM ford front grille emblem is £60 from Nemesis

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Hi all,

Never been someone who makes cosmetic changes to any of my cars but am seriously considering having the following wrapped gloss black as i have the gloss black roof on my silver GT, now also with tinted rear window and rear qtr windows.

1) Both wing mirrors
Ugly and out of place. Think people sell covers you can put over the existing mirrors.

2) The rear deck lid chrome GT and chrome surround
3) Both 5.0 wing badges
4) The front grill Mustang emblem
Ok. Just my opinion of course.

There's also a sticker set you may want to consider: https://www.etsy.com/listing/508399521/2015-mustang-gt-rear-gt-and-50s-vinyl?ref=shop_home_feat_1

I have the still uninstalled sticker set in my garage, but having second thoughts about installing
it.

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know what you mean and agree, I have moments like this when certain things on my GT get to me. The main one being in the UK we have the shitty decklid, makes no sense. But then on the other hand I don't want to modify from stock from either!!!!

I think I will leave stock after all.

Glad I had the rear windows tinted though 😂

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Buy your 5.0’s and front pony direct from Ford - much cheaper than buying (quality) aftermarket parts ... :wink:

I have some spare mirror caps in black. They were bought new and painted shadow black but the paint took a slight reaction (which has now stopped and actually slightly reversed). I swapped them out so they are now spare - let me know if you want any pictures or if you want to sort a deal out.

WD :like:

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I sprayed all emblems with plastidip. Easy and neat.
I then used a peelable gloss paint on the mirrors and roof.
similar to wrap in looks. Not as shiny as paint, but close enough and reversible.
I have a Oxford white and like the black contrast.

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I got that very sticker set (or one very very like it) back in Dec '16 from a guy here on M6G, for my Shadow Black GT Vert.

In my opinion, it covers up just enought of the GT (I've got a US spec decklid) and the 5.0, leaving just a hint of the chrome and looks good on a Black car.
Yep, I also think it'll look really good on a black car. Thinking it'll look really good on a green or orange car too, but having second thoughts for my blue car. May still put them on, but not sure.

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
Yep, I also think it'll look really good on a black car. Thinking it'll look really good on a green or orange car too, but having second thoughts for my blue car. May still put them on, but not sure.
Personally, with your Blue car, I'd replace the badges with the fully black versions (or I guess you could Pasti Dip them) as you're right - the small amount of chrome that would be left after the stickers went on would look a little odd, where as a fully black emblem would look much better.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i'd really like to make all the black matt trim at the bottom of the bumpers and side skirts gloss black, i know others have had them painted but would prefer to have it wrapped. ideally DIY if it's good enough lol
Sponsored