Black Bullitt's Chrome Window Trim

Jasef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jase
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
After last night's car show, I noticed the chrome window trim on my driver-side window was starting to come up a little. Looking at it closely, it seems to be held down with some adhesive that is starting to come loose. Has anyone else experienced any issues with this? I'll take it in to the dealer to have it fixed, just curious if anyone else has the same issue. I tried to take some pics to show where it is lifting up, ignore the dust please ;-)
Before anyone asks, I have only washed the car by hand so it wasn't caused by a high-pressure water spray. It was not lifting up yesterday when I washed and waxed and it sat in the garage all day out of the sun.

IMG_20190525_142604771.jpg
IMG_20190525_142542481.jpg
IMG_20190525_142415699.jpg
IMG_20190525_142406886.jpg
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Same here, slightly lifted. When I put pressure on it, it will seat better. If it's a window removal, likely won't do anything about it, unless its gets worse.

OP
OP
Jasef

Jasef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jase
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
Same here, slightly lifted. When I put pressure on it, it will seat better. If it's a window removal, likely won't do anything about it, unless its gets worse.
I agree. The more I look and compare to the other side, it just seems that the trim may just be shaped like that. I do not want to remove the window either...I'll see what the body shop says when I take it in for the 30 day curtesy check.

*I edited the thread's title because I don't think this is a trouble, just a question at this point. I don't want to be misleading by not having an accurate title :-)

Sponsored

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
My passenger side has this issue. I plan to mention it at my first service interval.

mattp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I picked up my brand new Bullitt today, same issue on the left side, will be asking them to fix it at the first service. I think it's just stuck on with double sided tape, I can't see the window needing to come out?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I picked up my brand new Bullitt today, same issue on the left side, will be asking them to fix it at the first service. I think it's just stuck on with double sided tape, I can't see the window needing to come out?
The trim and window are one piece, they may be able to adjust it a little bit, but they are sold as 1 unit.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
It is what it is...just get used to it like all the other BULLITT owners!! I think it’s just the Black ones...lol

Sponsored

mattp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks, good to know about the one piece, that makes it more likely I'll try and stick it down better without replacing it, sounds like a big job and could cause more problems.

And it's not just black ones, mine's green. Interesting it seems to be the same window though.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
American cars are like that. We have to suck it up. What about squeezing some sort of glue in there and pushing down?

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I took mine to the dealer. They verified the window is one unit and needed to be replaced under warranty to fix the issue. Took about a week to get the window, and a day for the install. Looks perfect, no whistling, even at freeway speeds, and I shot water on it tonight for its bath. No leaking. I'd say this was a successful fix.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I took mine to the dealer. They verified the window is one unit and needed to be replaced under warranty to fix the issue. Took about a week to get the window, and a day for the install. Looks perfect, no whistling, even at freeway speeds, and I shot water on it tonight for its bath. No leaking. I'd say this was a successful fix.
Let us know if it stays or lifts again, after a month or two.....

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
Will do!
Sponsored