Sponsored

Bit of wiring help

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So I am installing the Borla/Ford Racing active exhaust kit and following the instructions I found posted on another thread. Looks g story short - the instructions call for 12v switched power to come from a blue/white wire in the BCM harness that runs through the trunk. I don't have that wire and unfortunately no multimeter at the apartment to check the voltage of the wires I do have. Comparing pictures it doesn't even look like I have the same number of wires.

instructions found here

My wires -
Black/blue
Grey/brown
Brown/pink
White/green
Blue
Grey

Anyone know what is switched vs constant power that I can tap into?
Sponsored

Last edited:

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
So I am installing the Borla/Ford Racing active exhaust kit and following the instructions I found posted on another thread. Looks g story short - the instructions call for 12v switched power to come from a blue/white wire in the BCM harness that runs through the trunk. I don't have that wire and unfortunately no multimeter at the apartment to check the voltage of the wires I do have. Comparing pictures it doesn't even look like I have the same number of wires.

instructions found here

My wires -
Black/blue
Grey/pink
Brown/purple
White/green
Blue
Grey

Anyone know what is switched vs constant power that I can tap into?
its there... ALL of them have it.... its in the same harness that the rear speaker wires are in. If you pull. down the pass rear seat and pull back the carpet... the harness is there and the blue/white is there.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I suppose my problem then is just that it's not the same color I need it. Pulled the wire tape back a bit further and no luck. Anyone able to find any wire diagrams for these cars?
20170528_173820~01.jpg

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
wrong harness.... the correct one has twisted wires that are the rear speaker wires.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Yea the harness is near the passenger rear speaker. It's for the back up camera. Blue with white stripe wire

Sponsored

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
wrong harness.... the correct one has twisted wires that are the rear speaker wires.
Not quite sure how it's the wrong harness... Looking at pics and following the text directions in the included instructions, I'm in the right place. The wire won't reach anywhere else.
wires.jpg
wires 2.jpg

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
If you have extra wire available you could just extend and tap into the same wire under the passenger rear speaker. Then mount the control box wherever you want.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Just in case anyone else comes across this - they did make a wiring change and Ford Performance told me to use the green with a pink tracer in cars that do not have the blue/white in that tail light harness.
Sponsored