First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I am after in the US :

A heads up display OBD2 port,
and
A OBD2 diagnostic checker

any good ones in the US, as my 2016 CS does not like the European ones, so am thinking I need a US one?

I know the port works as have been told by my car importer who installed my European Maps onto the Sync 3

thanks
Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I can't answer to the HUD but for general PID display/code retrieval, the OBDLink MX works fine. Stay the hell away from the PLX KiWi. Not only is it extremely limited in what it talks to, the people there at PLX are shady.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I can't answer to the HUD but for general PID display/code retrieval, the OBDLink MX works fine. Stay the hell away from the PLX KiWi. Not only is it extremely limited in what it talks to, the people there at PLX are shady.
+1 on the OBDLink MX

Amazon ftw

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Yeah, definitely recommend OBDLink MX. Been using it to monitor my Speed6 once I got it running. No problems and fast data transfer!

Sponsored

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, definitely recommend OBDLink MX. Been using it to monitor my Speed6 once I got it running. No problems and fast data transfer!
thanks, but is a bit above what I was looking to spend, :headbonk:
says $100 ? is that correct

?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
thanks, but is a bit above what I was looking to spend, :headbonk:
says $100 ? is that correct

?
https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426101-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B006NZTZLQ

There is also LX version that is a bit cheaper and works just as well. Overall I agree with everyone above. Don't buy anything cheap, OBDlink is solid and works well with pretty much everything, also has decent support.
I went through three cheap ones that worked with one thing but didn't with another.

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426101-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B006NZTZLQ

There is also LX version that is a bit cheaper and works just as well. Overall I agree with everyone above. Don't buy anything cheap, OBDlink is solid and works well with pretty much everything, also has decent support.
I went through three cheap ones that worked with one thing but didn't with another.
Is this not better ? as has a Code Reader ? all the scan tools of the other one it seems also
and also has a heads up display

https://www.amazon.com/Display-Blue...5372&sr=1-18&keywords=obd-ii+heads+up+display

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Is this not better ? as has a Code Reader ? all the scan tools of the other one it seems also
and also has a heads up display

https://www.amazon.com/Display-Blue...5372&sr=1-18&keywords=obd-ii+heads+up+display
Honestly - looks like crap to me. For OBDLink you use their app that gives you all you need together with logging. Depends what you exactly need, I needed ability to diagnose/reset potential codes and be able for my camera (Virb 30) to reliably read OBD data - OBDLink was the only one that worked every single time.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm