Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Most people including me was under the impression that PS4S is a better tire than OEM MPSS. Wider is always better, of course. We just want the best tires for our cars. Then you said OEM MPSS is better than PS4S. Why go all the trouble with the PS4S fittings and then tell us OEM MPSS is better anyway? :shrug:
Where are you getting the new PS4s is a better Tire? I know there's a complete thread dedicated to the fact that it may just be marginally better if better at all.
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you getting the new PS4s is a better Tire? I know there's a complete thread dedicated to the fact that it may just be marginally better if better at all.
I read somewhere that PS4S is an improvement and an updated version of MPSS. I don't want to dig that up right now.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I read somewhere that PS4S is an improvement and an updated version of MPSS. I don't want to dig that up right now.
Yes. Ps4S vs MPSS but not the bespoke Ford GT350 MPSS. The GT350 MPSS are custom made for the GT350. They aren't generic off the shelf tires. The compound, belt design and layout, shape, tread pattern is all specifically made for the car.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^yes but there is no real data. Being specific to the car is great - but if there is a measurable improvement (which someone must have tested) - then why not share? Like I've mentioned, that makes me suspicious of claims that it's (the oem mpss) leaps and bounds above their newest offering (which is replacing the outgoing mpss). If you tell me that newer tech from the MP4S was introduced early into the OEM MPSS, that feels more realistic.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Yes. Ps4S vs MPSS but not the bespoke Ford GT350 MPSS. The GT350 MPSS are custom made for the GT350. They aren't generic off the shelf tires. The compound, belt design and layout, shape, tread pattern is all specifically made for the car.
I honestly don't know how much I buy into this whole "bespoke" for the specific car thing. My M4 had bespoke MPSS 255/275s that were made specifically for it also. I went to the non bespoke MPSS when I went to a bigger size 275/295 and I couldn't tell a difference on the street or track. I'm not that advanced of a driver though either so there is that.

Sponsored

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
I'll say this I've been tracking cars for almost 10 years and can put down respectable lap times at my tracks (soca). Took the 350R on a canyon drive after the PS4S were installed 295/305 and car doesn't need anymore tire on the street. Puts the power down easy. Tires felt great. Car feels better on street than with cup2. Tramlining gone. Also I have a steep garage and my lip touches the same amounts as before. Car doesn't seem any lower.

AWE350ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT350R
Thanks for the feedback!

I take full responsibility for this recent round of lively debate. First off thanks for all the comments thus far it has been very informative. What started out as seeking clarification on the "Billy Johnson Setup" has turned into "which tire is better on the R or R spec rim". Which brings me to my follow up question:

Given the recent discussion to which I could not possibly add anything of value, do I consider the MPSS or bespoke OEM MPSS over the PS4S for the street rims https://project6gr.com/introducing-n...hed-red-widow/ 11" in front and 11.5" in rear?

Some additional information live in the moderately warm climate of Toronto Canada (think Buffalo without the snow :)) I intend to only drive in the summer Mayish to Octoberish and only in the rain if I get caught. After posting the first question I have concluded that the Carbon Rims and SC2's are for track days only.

Based on what I've read so far leaning towards the PS4S's in the "Billy Johnson Setup". Looking forward to be called sane or crazy. Thanks again this time in advance for what I hope will be more lively discussion.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'll say this I've been tracking cars for almost 10 years and can put down respectable lap times at my tracks (soca). Took the 350R on a canyon drive after the PS4S were installed 295/305 and car doesn't need anymore tire on the street. Puts the power down easy. Tires felt great. Car feels better on street than with cup2. Tramlining gone. Also I have a steep garage and my lip touches the same amounts as before. Car doesn't seem any lower.
I'm getting ready to go to 295/305 on my carbons and have been mostly concerned about ride height changes. good to know. does anyone have any pictures of their R with this combo mounted?

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
Holy Resurrected Thread Batman!!

Sponsored

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'm getting ready to go to 295/305 on my carbons and have been mostly concerned about ride height changes. good to know. does anyone have any pictures of their R with this combo mounted?
Guess I'm heading into uncharted territory today!

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Of someone that has actually mounted these up to the R carbons.. no responses
I see what you mean - Best of luck, and please post your experience blazing that trail! :thumbsup:

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I see what you mean - Best of luck, and please post your experience blazing that trail! :thumbsup:
I dug back deeper in the thread and there was at least 1 or 2 that did it and were happy. Just no specifics about approach with the spitter or pictures of what the setup looks like. Will be sure to do.
Sponsored