Sponsored

Billy Johnson Reaches 139 MPH at Vegas Speedway

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Why? Useless performance evaluation. No one cares about oval performance. Even the aero isn't suited for that, but for road course.
It's not made for drag racing either, but you don't hear anyone complaining that they're running it down the strip repeatedly. Everyone is jerking themselves off to the quarter mile times. lol.

Saying it hit 136 on a front stretch without any other info or comparisons is useless too. My '14 GT can go 136 somewhere too.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It's not made for drag racing either, but you don't hear anyone complaining that they're running it down the strip repeatedly. Everyone is jerking themselves off to the quarter mile times. lol.

Saying it hit 136 on a front stretch without any other info or comparisons is useless too. My '14 GT can go 136 somewhere too.
If you think that, you dont know performance

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Are u implying Eaton doesnt make both and the aftermarkets dont have different cases?
The GT500, Roush, VMP Gen 3/3R, Edelbrock, Magnusson all use the Eaton TVS 2650 rotor pack.
The blower case, configuration and intercooler are all different.
Now what’s really interesting to me is thinking what this 2650 TVS on this 5.2 will do with 18psi, E85 (or appropriate higher octane fuel), and an aggressive timing curve for a cooled engine.
The answer is 4-digit power. Tremec did say they tested the DCT at significantly higher power levels.
That Draggy box should get you some good numbers when someone maximizes this combo.
-J

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The GT500, Roush, VMP Gen 3/3R, Edelbrock, Magnusson all use the Eaton TVS 2650 rotor pack.
The blower case, configuration and intercooler are all different.
Now what’s really interesting to me is thinking what this 2650 TVS on this 5.2 will do with 18psi, E85 (or appropriate higher octane fuel), and an aggressive timing curve for a cooled engine.
The answer is 4-digit power. Tremec did say they tested the DCT at significantly higher power levels.
That Draggy box should get you some good numbers when someone maximizes this combo.
-J
Additionally, Owens stated this one was designed to sit physically lower in the V. Interesting to see if that limits potential at all

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Additionally, Owens stated this one was designed to sit physically lower in the V. Interesting to see if that limits potential at all
I don’t think that will be the case, but the restriction I see will come from the front feed TB snout. Only so much room in there and these PD blowers always pick up by eliminating as much restriction as possible in front of the rotors. Lowering the blower improves the CG and allows the largest intercooler brick they could fit, so that’s all good, just need to see if there’s ways to open up the inlet path/TB size.
-J

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don’t think that will be the case, but the restriction I see will come from the front feed TB snout. Only so much room in there and these PD blowers always pick up by eliminating as much restriction as possible in front of the rotors. Lowering the blower improves the CG and allows the largest intercooler brick they could fit, so that’s all good, just need to see if there’s ways to open up the inlet path/TB size.
-J
Yea, i agree. I know 1320junkie is waiting for mine to do his PnP blower work on
Different track
Hes trying to troll
Sponsored