Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi all,

I would like to share a small clip of Billy Johnson driving HR361 at Daytona International Speedway last December. He was there helping a friend set up his FP350S and I offered the use of my car. Billy was the development driver for the GT350/R, GT500/CFTP, Ford GT, as well as a GT driver for Chip Ganassi motorsports, who took 4th at Le Mans.

My GoPros took a dump that day and all I had available was to reach into my pocket and pull my cell phone out.

What a blast. It was an absolute pleasure watching a guy who developed the car work his magic. Unfortunately the video is short and it doesn't capture the event in its true moment. It really was a pleasure to see the man who developed so many of cars that we drive exhibit such skill.

I must say that he is a real enthusiast who took his time to meet all the other Ford drivers and took a real interest in our garage. A great guy and a great enthusiast.

Sponsored

Last edited:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing Tom. Just watching the short video I learned a few things for the Dec event.

You still need to tell me about it....

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hi all,

I would like to share a small clip of Billy Johnson driving HR361 at Daytona International Speedway last December. He was there helping a friend set up his FP350S and I offered the use of my car. Billy was the development driver for the GT350/R, GT500/CFTP, Ford GT, as well as a GT driver for Chip Ganassi motorsports, who took 4th at Le Mans.

My GoPros took a dump that day and all I had available was to reach into my pocket and pull my cell phone out.

What a blast. It was an absolute pleasure watching a guy who developed the car work his magic. Unfortunately the video is short and it doesn't capture the event in its true moment. It really was a pleasure to see the man who developed so many of cars that we drive exhibit such skill.

I must say that he is a real enthusiast who took his time to meet all the other Ford drivers and took a real interest in our garage. A great guy and a great enthusiast.

Nice clip... Billy should upload to youtube full laps and more techniques. Im pretty sure that channel will have a lot of subscribers. Or, he has a channel already?

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for sharing Tom. Just watching the short video I learned a few things for the Dec event.

You still need to tell me about it....
I would not recommend the high line in the banking, especially the Tri-oval/start-finish. I was just having fun. It's slower anyway.

Nice clip... Billy should upload to youtube full laps and more techniques. Im pretty sure that channel will have a lot of subscribers. Or, he has a channel already?
I have a channel with random in-car video on it. I just posted one of a GT500 CFTP at Buttonwillow.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Awesome. And thanks for posting. Love watching these pros drive these stock cars.

I might be the only one, but as a NASCAR fan, I'd love to see a 350 or 500 going around the full oval. Yeah, it might not prove anything, and just be dick-swinging, but that's what I'd like to see.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
You would need a full cage if you went around the full oval. With the speed you would attain you could cut a tire down and barrel roll going into a turn.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Hi all,

Niiiice. I spent some seconds before thinking about this thing, which looks really cool and well designed: "https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2015-2020-mustang-lcd-passenger-screen-display.142158/", but apart from looking cool and well designed, I could not think of any personal way to use it. But now I know. ;-)

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Billy is an awesome guy that I've had the pleasure of talking to a few times now- he is always very genuine and willing to help fellow drivers with their technique, take em for a spin or just answer a myriad of questions about cars or racing in general.

Not to mention, a beast behind the wheel!
Sponsored