Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Yesterday @NotMarc came by to pick up a sway bar and we rode in each others car. Believe it or not this was the only other mustang (other than the one I tested at the dealer) that I've sat in and man it was experience. After a year of owning the car and becoming more knowledgable about the cars and the science behind it, I was able to feel the difference in spring rates. He has the performance springs whereas I have the handling and going over small bumps, I could feel the difference. Im happy I went with the handling springs and couldn't imagine softer rates. Another thing is now I know how bad I need a tune and tires lol. I dont know if it was because he has an 18 but we were moving! I was able to experience how much potential these cars have and that I made the right choice. Much appreciated for all the info man!
IMG_9775.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
That black metal tpms hardware is sweet looking. Iā€™ll have to get a set of those if I ever get another set of wheels. Iā€™ve been told the silver metal tpms hardware that comes on the gt350 wheels looks like wheel weights when Iā€™m going down the road :frown:
lol i was very very close to getting those but I figured it would show as Im driving

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Any update on the wheels/tires? Iā€™m dying to see those meats!
Haha yeah man. Things have been a bit slow. I picked up a '02 4runner as a daily but needs some work. Also I was planning on putting on the wheels once I got the Bullitt calipers and ceramic coated the wheels and calipers. I already have the steeda stainless brake lines waiting too. But being that I still am a bit of ways from that I will coat the wheels myself and put the calipers w/ GLOC GS-1 pads on after hopefully before the end of summer.

I have 2 wheels being mounted and balanced right now at Elite Importz in Laurel along with the BMR CBK760 that I'm getting pressed in my OEM arms. The last tire is coming in Monday. So I have the front BMR sway bar w/steeda end links, front control arms w/ BMR CBK760 , and the 4 wheels hopefully to be done next weekend. Also injured my shoulder last Friday with a possible tear (waiting for MRI results) so it'll depend on how I heal also

Sorry for the long winded response but that's where we are lol
C3C0D732-07D1-404D-A433-62FE621386A5.jpeg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Haha yeah man. Things have been a bit slow. I picked up a '02 4runner as a daily but needs some work. Also I was planning on putting on the wheels once I got the Bullitt calipers and ceramic coated the wheels and calipers. I already have the steeda stainless brake lines waiting too. But being that I still am a bit of ways from that I will coat the wheels myself and put the calipers w/ GLOC GS-1 pads on after hopefully before the end of summer.

I have 2 wheels being mounted and balanced right now at Elite Importz in Laurel along with the BMR CBK760 that I'm getting pressed in my OEM arms. The last tire is coming in Monday. So I have the front BMR sway bar w/steeda end links, front control arms w/ BMR CBK760 , and the 4 wheels hopefully to be done next weekend. Also injured my shoulder last Friday with a possible tear (waiting for MRI results) so it'll depend on how I heal also

Sorry for the long winded response but that's where we are lol
C3C0D732-07D1-404D-A433-62FE621386A5.jpeg
Right on dude. Iā€™ve been contemplating going. With the same size wheels you did but Iā€™d actually be able to see your car in person instead of just pictures on here. Do you have any more pictures of how those 295 Contiā€™s fit on those 11ā€ wheels?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Right on dude. Iā€™ve been contemplating going. With the same size wheels you did but Iā€™d actually be able to see your car in person instead of just pictures on here. Do you have any more pictures of how those 295 Contiā€™s fit on those 11ā€ wheels?
From the side? When I pick up the other ones tomorrow I'll send pics your way

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Yesterday @NotMarc came by to pick up a sway bar and we rode in each others car. Believe it or not this was the only other mustang (other than the one I tested at the dealer) that I've sat in and man it was experience. After a year of owning the car and becoming more knowledgable about the cars and the science behind it, I was able to feel the difference in spring rates. He has the performance springs whereas I have the handling and going over small bumps, I could feel the difference. Im happy I went with the handling springs and couldn't imagine softer rates. Another thing is now I know how bad I need a tune and tires lol. I dont know if it was because he has an 18 but we were moving! I was able to experience how much potential these cars have and that I made the right choice. Much appreciated for all the info man!
IMG_9775.jpg

I don't know how I missed this but thanks man I appreciate the shoutout. You're going to love the car even more with more tire under it!

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So today I finally swapped out the GT350 front bar for the BMR bar with Steeda end links. Also I took out the Steeda tension links with bearings (which I'm selling) and put in my OEM set with BMR CBK760. With the bar in the middle hole it definitely feels more responsive. I'm still on the trash stock tires hopefully for a couple more weeks. All weird noises are gone such as the squeaking I was getting due to the bearings being lose in the control arm. Nice quiet ride now.

Also all wheels have been mounted and balanced so I'm just waiting for the products to come in to ceramic coated them. Hopefully I can put together things for the Bullitt calipers and GLOC pads but I might not wait on all that. Solid day in the work shop

Oh and FYI I'm putting the GT350 wheel caps in
DC00C6F9-88A7-496E-A7BF-2915F370F2C5.jpeg
D313B9EE-C625-4168-81EE-D56F5B7F5705.jpeg
F8A63BFD-3341-475C-B760-2E4B171F5413.jpeg
5257E6E0-6E53-41C5-A448-C034063CA512.jpeg
BD29EFD9-892F-49C7-AFE8-54E21B8C9E6A.jpeg

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So I got impatient and decided to put the wheels on and man oh man. The Conti tires feel way better than the stock tires. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes. My center caps are coming in tomorrow so I will ceramic coated those and put them on. Will find time in the next week to get an alignment.
In the back I added a 3mm spacer.

Excuse the dirty car. By the way my PP set up going for $150 picked up https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp-wheels-tires.127551/

Up next is custom color powder coating calipers by a local shop. Just need vertical links and possibly toe links (depends on alignment). After those I'll move onto the engine. Still have my ported 18 Mani and TSP headers waiting. Will most likely get a Dyno tune by Rev Auto in Baltimore. View attachment 390596
ACE32DDE-4617-40BA-81CF-91301032B658.jpeg
75EB5B34-EC12-460B-872F-E4A38BF4F310.jpeg
EDFFD62E-9807-4C49-9DF8-0670F6EB0772.jpeg
D50FD89C-A2A3-410B-A6C7-B0049569494B.jpeg
5D615320-2B0F-416B-B391-277160DE0B00.jpeg
View attachment 390602
BB5D3E20-A613-41FD-9FBD-A334ABE094CF.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Well I finally was able to install my Ported 18 manifold and 170 Thermostat. Its been sitting since around April but I wanted to finish up the suspension and wheel/tire set up first. I went ahead with Shaun at AED for a 93 tune which I was able to upload. I can't give any feedback yet as I am still waiting back from him on the revised tune from my base datalogs. Hopefully I did them right as there wasn't much opportunity in my area to log pulls to 70 MPH. Hopefully I can have better feedback in a couple days as he and I go back and forth.

So far my CHT have been between 190 and 195 so I dont know if that's the thermostat or the gimmicky heat shield on the manifold lol. Next thing up will most likely be an 18+ JLT CAI.
8A7ED58F-3F82-472B-8394-70F9D4BB83A7.jpeg
8CBCFAE6-082D-442D-8740-8DD704183009.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Received my final tune from Shaun earlier today and everything is perfect. The car pulls very hard and I couldn't be happier. I knew my car was fun to drive but knowing myself I am going to look for reasons to drive it on the highway like going to target 20 minutes away instead of the one thats 5 minutes away lol. Happy with the manifold decision. Now I have some cosmetic/exterior stuff for the front to work on and it'll slowly be coming together.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Received my final tune from Shaun earlier today and everything is perfect. The car pulls very hard and I couldn't be happier. I knew my car was fun to drive but knowing myself I am going to look for reasons to drive it on the highway like going to target 20 minutes away instead of the one thats 5 minutes away lol. Happy with the manifold decision. Now I have some cosmetic/exterior stuff for the front to work on and it'll slowly be coming together.
Let me know if I have any particular parts that can help with that :wink:

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's really a big difference from the stock manifold. Tune itself makes a difference too of course, but the manifold changes the character.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
It's really a big difference from the stock manifold. Tune itself makes a difference too of course, but the manifold changes the character.
Yes sir a huge difference! I remember you saying several months ago it will feel like a different car and it does. The only thing is I'm trying to get used to the powerband and timing of the shifts. My 1-2 is not as smooth but it'll come with practice.

I can't imagine what FI is like after this.
Sponsored