Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
A little background info:
So I’ve been on the forum for some time and I don’t know what I would’ve done without all the help. Glad I found M6G before FB lol. Since I was about 12/13 the Mustang has always been my dream car without ever driving one and seeing one in person. I can’t tell you how many times I have been on Ford’s website looking at their pics and videos. None of my friends or family have ever owned a performance car so my experience is limited to the past year and this forum is where I get all my info and feedback from.

Last March I was fortunate enough to secure a deal on brand new 2017 PP GT. I was looking at the car since November 2017 and made several trips to the dealer who fortunately for me, was about 5 miles from my house. The numbers didn’t work in my favor so I gave up on it and said that when it’s time for me to have one, I’ll have one and wasn’t going to put myself in a position that I wasn’t financially prepared for. I checked their inventory in Feb/March 2018 and it showed up gain. Called them and they said it was in stock. Fast forward to the purchase day, I asked why they took it down and it’s because someone who was in the military bought it but something happened with his situation and he had to bring it back. The car wasn’t registered yet. It had 830 miles on it.

I created a list in my phone to keep track of all my mods that I am looking to do to my car. I have compiled the list based on feedback received and how I would like my car to feel. I do not have the funds to continuously switch between different set ups so I made sure I had enough information on how each mod affects the car performance. As I stated before I have never driven a performance car before other than a 2006 Charger SRT so I am not the best person to ask when it comes to comparing it to other vehicles. My feedback is not going to be as technical as others also being that I have never been in another mustang other than my own lol. It going to be a slow build but here we go!

Suspension/Chassis:
BMR SP083
FRPP Track Dampers
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
Vorshlag Shock Mounts
GT350R Rear Sway Bar
BMR SB044 w/ Steeda End Links
BMR CB762
BMR CB006
BMR CB005 w/ Steeda Alignment dowels
BMR CBK760
FRPP Toe Link Bearing
Steeda RLCA Bearing
Steeda Bumpstops
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
Steeda Extended Joint Lateral arms
J&M Spherical Vertical Link

Engine:

AED 93 Performance Tune
2018 5.0 Intake Manifold (ported by Bret Barber)w/ JPC Loockouts
18+ JLT CAI
Reische 170 Thermostat

Exhaust:
AWE Touring
Stainless Power 1-7/8" Catted

Drivetrain:
MGW X-Spec
JPC Stainless Clutch Line

Exterior:
Anderson Composite CF GT350R spoiler
Trackspec Hood Vent
ZL1 Addons Front Splitter Extension

Interior:
Raceseng Slammer

Shoes:
APEX SM-10 19x11 w/ Conti Extreme Contact Sport 295/35/19

upload_2019-4-3_14-9-13.jpeg

upload_2019-4-3_14-13-22.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Right now, the car is my daily and once I have more available funds to have a dedicated track set up, I would like to start being involved in track events.

First thing I did was the Anderson Composite GT350R CF Spoiler. I loved the look on the R and I thought this was a must have. I bought it from AM.

upload_2019-4-3_14-8-35.jpeg

Later I changed out my knob to the white RTR + Barton reverse collar.

upload_2019-4-3_14-7-55.jpeg

I found a like new FRPP Borla Sport on CL and picked that up because the stock exhaust wasn’t cutting it. Got it installed with the X pipe and hated how it sounded so I switched to an H pipe and it sounds much better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
After thinking about how I wanted to start this build, I decided to start with suspension. After going back and forth with @BmacIL (Also a huge Thank you to him for answering all questions), I was set on BMR SP083 and the FRPP Track dampers and all the basic essentials such as the CB005 and RLCA Bearings. Even though I know you shouldn’t install too many parts at once because of troubleshooting and understanding how each change affects performance, I secured all my suspension parts first. I slowly began purchasing all the parts I could get. (Side note: Also finalized a lot of my suspension based off of @Bluemustang signature lol.)

I was planning on getting a MGW after the suspension but I came across a deal on here I could not pass up. So I got that and had it installed at JPC. Did the BG trans fluid along with the JPC SS clutch line and Steeda MC line kit. HUGE difference especially with the weighted Raceseng knob! This is my first manual car so when I used to read about how sloppy the stock shifter was I never knew the grass was that much greener on the other side. Next up is the diff fluid.

upload_2019-4-3_14-10-28.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
A dealership Parts Manager on FB was selling 18 mani take offs so I snagged one of those and I sent it to Bret Barber this past weekend to be ported. Went by JPC and got their lockouts for only $25.
upload_2019-4-3_19-6-27.jpeg

To make installation faster, I got Steeda Tension links and installed the bearings that I already had and a set of low mileage RLCAs from ebay to install the bearings.

I am just waiting for my Vorshlag shock mounts to come in and I will be all set and ready for my suspension overhaul next weekend. Been looking forward to this for a year now. I’m really interested in how different the car will feel. I know I will not get a complete feel because I am still on the stock Pirellis and I have 11.5k on the ODO.

I picked up the closed Steeda CAI and 170 thermostat. I am planning on being tuned by PBD so the next thing will be is to pick up a device (leaning towards GTX, otherwise ngauge). It’ll be Ported 18 mani, Steeda CAI (no insert), 93 tune. Definitely looking forward to that.

Cant think of anything else worth mentioning that I have done worth mentioning so those are my current updates as of right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Vorshlag Shock mounts came in. I believe I installed it right. This was done by hand. Don’t have immediate access to an impact yet
3CF37571-2508-47AF-A430-4DB3A6AFF229.jpeg
5E0646BF-21BE-4D30-A972-B4880B9A0C2F.jpeg

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Vorshlag Shock mounts came in. I believe I installed it right. This was done by hand. Don’t have immediate access to an impact yet
3CF37571-2508-47AF-A430-4DB3A6AFF229.jpeg
5E0646BF-21BE-4D30-A972-B4880B9A0C2F.jpeg
Yep that's correct.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So this past weekend I finally did my suspension work...Things didn't start well being that I bought take off RLCA to get the Steeda bearings pressed in but when i dropped them off at JPC they called me to tell me one of them was cracked. Thankful that they inspected it before putting the bearing in. So now I have a bushing on the driver side and bearing on the other. So the place that i got it from is sending a replacement and Ill get a bearing pressed in that one and do the swap this week. IMG_8999.jpgIMG_8998.jpg
upload_2019-4-15_21-0-47.jpeg

Started in the front with the Steeda bumpsteer kit and lateral arms with bearings, springs, struts and the CB006. Front sway bar wasn't as bad as most have experienced because of taking out all the other suspension parts to allow more room. Definitely plan on swapping out the flimsy sway bar end links.

To the back...hardest part was taking off the entire RLCA and put it back on. The most time consuming had to be the toe link bearing. When trying to get one of the rear springs out, my friend broke one of the sway bar end links so I currently do not have a rear sway bar.

The ride is terrible at the moment and I put down the car until I fix everything before getting it aligned.

We started at 8am and I didn't leave my friends house until after 11pm. This was my first time doing anything like this and it was my friends first time on a mustang, Definitely learned a lot and could save a couple hours if I were to do it again.

So the only things left are CB762 and CB005 kits and to swap out the new LCA. Oh yea, the rear sway bar once I get a new end link.

Hopefully Friday I’ll be able to get an alignment and only then will I be able to give a fair review.
B58BEB74-3EC1-4B6B-BE65-C9BD7550A0D3.jpeg
C98A3C32-6401-4A53-A0BC-51386092A047.jpeg
0191E522-A1FD-4410-926A-2AE789D521ED.jpeg
4EC3BE21-A238-43CD-AFA0-DBA1FECC590B.jpeg
5B1719B2-8BEC-4E33-9D9D-ECFCD63CA6C2.jpeg
5C160B94-6999-4F7F-BA82-1D6310F34886.jpeg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those shock mounts are interesting! I’ve never seen them before. What is it about the ride that’s so bad??

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Those shock mounts are interesting! I’ve never seen them before. What is it about the ride that’s so bad??
yea i like to think of them as a cross between the BMR and J&M mounts. The ride is bad at the moment because I changed a lot in the toe up front. Everything used to help with steering was changed so as Im driving i can feel the tires up front moving independently if that makes sense. Cant really tell anything in the back because i dont have a rear sway bar and i haven't put on the 005 and 762 yet. Still need to get off these stock pirellis. But i believe after a serious alignment with Rev Auto, I should be good and it'll be drivable.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Oh yeah my 18 Mani came back from Bret...just need a tuner and a tune and I'll be good to go
08B41234-421F-4CF9-AF41-8DB22A785D19.jpeg
04B0AD4A-4869-403E-8312-10E7EA6065D0.jpeg

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Your car is going to be so different after all this that it'll feel like a completely different car.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Sooo quick update...since the suspension work, I have not driven my car because the alignment was out of whack and it wasn't drivable. My new driver RLCA was replaced by parts farm and i took it to get the bearing pressed in but just my luck, they were able to get the bushing out but the bearing slid in and didn't require much of a press and that is a concern so after not having a car for 3 weeks, I had to do what I was trying to avoid and had them use the control arms on the car and for them to press the bearing in during alignment and in addition to that was to complete the 762 and 005 install. Just got a call saying my car is ready so I will pick it up Monday. Will then see how right Bmac was about the feel of the car.

While car was down I had a few bucks to spare so why not ...if its worth nothing then fool on me.
Added the Heatshield tot he 18 mani

After staring at the computer screen and looking at so many pictures of fitments and playing with wheel tire calculators, I pulled the trigger to take advantage of the current sale and had the fronts delivered today. Decided to go with a square 19x11 set up but the front are +26 so no need for spacer or extended studs. will get the rears(+52) in a few weeks. Plan is to pick up 295/35 Conti ECS with a 3mm spacer in the back for flush fitment. Also in the plans before they get mounted is to ceramic coat them in addition to the Bullitt Brembo calipers together and install them together along with metal TPMS from OP Mustang
upload_2019-5-4_14-10-41.jpeg
upload_2019-5-4_14-9-46.jpeg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
This set up is interesting. Those 295’s should fit perfectly on those 11’s. I’m also interested to see how the heat shielding on the manifold affects the iat’s

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just got my car back from JPC earlier today during my lunch break. After renting different cars for the past 3 weeks it felt weird but the feeling came back quick. Didn't really feel a difference initially. But I just came back in after taking it out for about 45 min and did some pulls on the highway and maaaaaaaaaaan this thing moves. Acceleration is spot on and the steering is more responsive. I don't know if its because Im not as sensitive to road surface but I didn't find any discomfort at all with the SP083 having high spring rate. Definitely more planted through exiting and entering highway ramps at speed. Im not the most technical person as i mentioned before but I felt a massive difference and the car is much tighter. @BmacIL you were right man. Thanks!

I will say I have a slight feeling of being on ice skates but I know that is because I have 12k miles on the stock Pirellis so that will go away when i change my wheel set up. I thought they would've given me my alignment sheet but they did not so I will see if I can get that tomorrow to share. They said that they were not able to dial in the rear toe as much as they would like and suggested adjustable toe links so I will pick up BMR TR005 and will install that and vertical links when I do my wheels so I can get all that addressed when I go in for a second alignment.

All around I am impressed and I know I will be even happier with new tires and things will really get going once I get a tune and put on the manifold and CAI.
Sponsored