Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Oh awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, was gonna PM you the details instead. Makes me feel a bit better knowing yours looks the same as mine now. Now to get them in and test them out.

IMG_20221114_181240.jpg
Yea you will get some good adjustment out of them.

Make sure you orientate the ring properly.

F8E9F3D7-C81F-4C7C-B669-249B551D81DE.jpeg

A6059A53-1AB9-4C05-A439-65DD4B0D861F.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Okay so I started my track season last weekend at Summit Point with SCCA. Had a great time and met nice people. The best car out there was a Trans Am car that was doing some testing. I've never heard a car sound that amazing when upshifting. On the from straight it was doing about 175 that day and 1:12s with traffic in the advance group. This year I will be using a dual duty street and track tire, Kumho v730 because of the price and performance. They were amazing in my opinion and if simple tire continues to sell them for the price, I will continue to buy them.

A couple notes about the weekend:
-Set a PB of 1:27:20. After watching video several times, I know I can get sub 1:25 at least. I became more confident in the tires and brakes
-The tires love low pressures. I went out on 23 cold to get around 31 hot
-first time on a set of Pagid RST3/ RSL29 and wow. I was surprised how much stopping power the pads have. I usually brake at the 4 board but I was confident enough to brake just before or at the 3 board. I went from 138 to 65 very quickly.
-Those Veloster N cars can move lol
- Was also shifting at 7k to keep temps and engine in check

Solid day all around. Next event will be with NASA at Summit or SCCA at Summit in April. Overall very pleased with Tires and Brakes. The trust is there in the car so I know I can push a bit more. With a race seat and harness to keep my 255lb body in check, times will also come down.

And I was moved to intermediate group with SCCA.

IMG_2917 2.JPG

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Well since I have nothing better to do I might as well give an update.

I had another event with SCCA at Summit Point April 28-30. It was a 3 day (F/Sat/Sun) event. I planned to drive Friday/Saturday and flag Sunday but with it raining I didnt want to take the chance that Friday. I read that the 730s were sketchy in the rain and I didnt want to find out the hard way. I drove Saturday and had a great time. Saturday morning it was still a bit wet so my first session out was very twitchy especially with TC on. I almost called it a day but when the sun came out it dried the track and I was able to enjoy the day. I wasn't going for any PBs due to the track conditions. This was my first time running in the intermediate group so I was just focused on passing/giving point bys in different areas. Last two sessions are with intructors and its point by anywhere on track. That was pretty fun until going into the carousel, I anticipated the instructor to point me by on the inside going into T6 so I set my car up to do so but he instead pointed me to the outside. With the speed I was carrying, I was late on turn in and ended up in the grass but was able to rejoin without any issues. Other than that solid day. Working as corner worker, its interesting to see the lines some cars take and learn from others' mistakes.

As for the car, it is still running in top shape without any issues. On the road to full track car, I just picked up a Chromoly Watson 4pt roll bar from another member. I plan to run in TT3 so with me already at 250 pounds, I am trying to keep things lightweight if possible. When I weighed the car at my last NASA event it was 4010. CMS roll bar is 55 and the Watson bar is about 40 so I am happy with that. I went to get fitted for seat at OG Racing in Sterling, VA. Will be going with the Sabelt Taurus XL and Sabelt 6pt harness. Will be using PCI seat mounts. Im pretty excited about finally having seats to keep me solid on track because my legs have been getting a workout. I also decided to finally install the Race Louvers Center vent so those will be off to get powder coated with the Tracspec side vents in the same body color.

As far as maintenance goes, I haven't had any issues with 0w40 Amsoil engine oil or SRF. I do need to change the trans fluid to Motul DCTF and possibly the rear diff. Pagid Pads are still solid, but dust boots are cracked so those need to be replaced.

For the summer (June-September), I plan to do the following:
  • Watson roll bar install
  • Sabelt seat+harness+PCI mount
  • RL center vent
  • Cortex rear tie rod
  • AutosportLabs x3 shift light
  • Oil Temp gauge with Setrab spacer
  • Centric rotors
  • High temp caliper dust boots
  • Antigravity battery (possibly)
Now that my Tundra has had a suspension overhaul, the plan is to hit VIR, Pitt Race, Watkins, NJMP Thunderbolt before the year is over with. Will see how that goes.

Will post track video soon

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Updated build sheet

Suspension/Chassis:
BMR SP083
FRPP Track Dampers
Steeda Caster Camber Plates
Vorshlag Shock Mounts
GT350R Rear Sway Bar
BMR SB044 w/ Whiteline End Links
BMR CB762
BMR CB006
BMR CB005 w/ Steeda Alignment dowels
BMR CBK760
FRPP Toe Link Bearing
Steeda RLCA Bearing
Steeda Bumpstops
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
Steeda Extended Joint Lateral arms
J&M Spherical Vertical Link

Engine:
AED 93 Performance Tune
2018 5.0 Intake Manifold (ported by Bret Barber)w/ JPC Loockouts
18+ JLT CAI
Reische 170 Thermostat
2020+ GT500 cam covers

Exhaust:
AWE Touring
Stainless Power 1-7/8" Catted

Brakes:
Pagid RST3/RSL29
GTPs Brake vanes

Drivetrain:
MGW X-Spec
Steeda Stainless Clutch Line
Exedy Hyper Single

Exterior:
Anderson Composite CF GT350R spoiler
Trackspec Hood Vent
ZL1 Addons Front Splitter Extension
FP Front Tow Hook
Vorshlag tow hook
Steeda Rear tie downs
Velossa Tech Big Mouth

Interior:
5x Racing knob
Watson 4pt roll bar
Sabelt Taurus
Sabelt Enduro Harness
PCI Seat Mount
SRP pedals

Shoes:
APEX SM-10 19x11 w/ Kumho v730 305/30/19

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
No oil cooler yet?
If you plan on one, you could put the sandwich plate in now and use it for a 1/8 NPT port for your gauge. Just plug the two oil ports until you add the cooler.
Saves you money on a spacer plate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
No oil cooler yet?
If you plan on one, you could put the sandwich plate in now and use it for a 1/8 NPT port for your gauge. Just plug the two oil ports until you add the cooler.
Saves you money on a spacer plate.
You are right. I will go that route

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Also I did list my car for sale a couple weeks ago. I was looking to get a track prepped C5Z but after going for a 30 min drive, I deleted the ad 2 days later lol. I will still look to get a C5Z or C6 GS but not at the expense of my mustang lol.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Also I did list my car for sale a couple weeks ago. I was looking to get a track prepped C5Z but after going for a 30 min drive, I deleted the ad 2 days later lol. I will still look to get a C5Z or C6 GS but not at the expense of my mustang lol.
When you start modding the Mustang and start hitting the sweet spot mod wise it get very hard to sell it as a lot of the cars on the replacement list are in two categories: Cheaper and slower or Faster and insane money. My Mustang run same times as a G82 M4 Competition stock and a 718 Cayman GTS stock cars and I'm very close lap time wise to highly modded K24 Civics and E36's and with the crazy turbo builds or AMG GTR's since the track is technical on a faster track some of this cars will be faster. But good enough for me so hard to sell.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
When you start modding the Mustang and start hitting the sweet spot mod wise it get very hard to sell it as a lot of the cars on the replacement list are in two categories: Cheaper and slower or Faster and insane money. My Mustang run same times as a G82 M4 Competition stock and a 718 Cayman GTS stock cars and I'm very close lap time wise to highly modded K24 Civics and E36's and with the crazy turbo builds or AMG GTR's since the track is technical on a faster track some of this cars will be faster. But good enough for me so hard to sell.
Exactly. But also I just love the exhaust sound lol. I have a lot of plans for the car so if I were to sell it, it would haunt me that I never finished the project.

It’s truly a great car. And like you said with everything I’ve done to it and more to come, it is up there with higher end cars to a point.

Also I did think about buying MMRs mustang that they have for sale. Already had a roll bar with seat and GT350 brakes, trans and suspension. Same color as my car too. If it wasnt all the way in California, I would've bought it.

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
You are right. I will go that route
Here is a shopping cart for an oil cooler build. Lists choice of two coolers.
More info available if you want.

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Here is a shopping cart for an oil cooler build. Lists choice of two coolers.
More info available if you want.
Thank you so much kind sir. That was very helpful. I am set on the 948 but will probably just piece the kit over time.

I know you are going with the RL center vent. Did you do a custom shape?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am working with Al on a custom shape. Super guy as everyone says. When finished I hope he adds it to his product line.

House remodeling projects have delayed this, as well as the diff cooler build.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Awesome. Glad it’s something that you were able to work with. Looking forward to final result and on the hood

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have thought about selling so many times recently...I think I just want something new. Considering a C6GS or C7GS as the consumables cost is about the same but to get it to where my mustang already is would be even more money. Cheapest route is to simply keep what I have.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I have thought about selling so many times recently...I think I just want something new. Considering a C6GS or C7GS as the consumables cost is about the same but to get it to where my mustang already is would be even more money. Cheapest route is to simply keep what I have.
Just seeing this but the answer always comes back to keeping your car haha
Sponsored