15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Thanks for the well wishes. Iā€™m sore in the typical areas (seatbelt), and of course Wallet.

The tow/extraction bill was $612 for those who asked. This was about 50 miles from my house, so that inflated it a bit.

Road is a county-maintained road, near a couple of rivers. Obviously light on the ā€œmaintainedā€ part.

I was going about 20 mph, and the ditch was just over a little hill. There is a culvert there, ostensibly to prevent the road from washing out. I went 20 to 0 in about 0.01 second, and yes, it hurt. No airbags deployed, I was wearing my seatbelt, etc.

Worst part was that it happened pretty far from anything. The shell station ended up being about 15-20 miles away, so that was a nice 4-hour walk to clear my mind.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for the well wishes. Iā€™m sore in the typical areas (seatbelt), and of course Wallet.

The tow/extraction bill was $612 for those who asked. This was about 50 miles from my house, so that inflated it a bit.

Road is a county-maintained road, near a couple of rivers. Obviously light on the ā€œmaintainedā€ part.

I was going about 20 mph, and the ditch was just over a little hill. There is a culvert there, ostensibly to prevent the road from washing out. I went 20 to 0 in about 0.01 second, and yes, it hurt. No airbags deployed, I was wearing my seatbelt, etc.

Worst part was that it happened pretty far from anything. The shell station ended up being about 15-20 miles away, so that was a nice 4-hour walk to clear my mind.
I'm glad you're not hurt too bad. That really is a freak thing to encounter. That's also one hell of a tow bill, ouch.

I guess the real question is why you were driving on this road to begin with?

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
I'm glad you're not hurt too bad. That really is a freak thing to encounter. That's also one hell of a tow bill, ouch.

I guess the real question is why you were driving on this road to begin with?
I had just come back from fishing, and there was a DNR sign that pointed to river access down a connecting road. That road was paved, then turned into dirt, then this road (with the sweet jump!) was a way back to the highway. Well, would have been without that giant hole.

and ya, to whoever mentioned that it looked like a long way down from the drivers seat to the bottom of the ditch, it was 5-6ft.

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
IMG_4076.jpeg

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any idea how long ago it washed out or when the last rain that could have washed it out was?

Sponsored

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
IMG_4082.jpeg

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
Any idea how long ago it washed out or when the last rain that could have washed it out was?
I will be following up with the county ASAP with my report from the Sherif. Super dangerous situation, I would guess that it has been washed out for several days.

no cones, ropes, tape, spray paint, signs, barricades, etc.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
And this is why my Mustang doesn't go down dirt/gravel roads right here. Glad you're ok. Sorry about your Mustang.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

Sponsored

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
First off glad ur OK! Cliche but could've been worse I guess. For the love of God man, why take ur car down dirt roads? DNR/WMA or not! My mustang won't see a dirt or gravel road a day in its life! LOL

OP
OP
15GTPPinCO

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
IMG_4095.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Glad to see you are ok.

I'm still not understanding how, from the driver seat, this could not have been seen and being able to stop the car before "too late"?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Glad to see you are ok.

I'm still not understanding how, from the driver seat, this could not have been seen and being able to stop the car before "too late"?
No idea what the o/p was doing, but when I've been on a dirt road, I tend to slide a car around some and go as fast as my skill will let me always done in beaters. My 83 b body g.m. was super fun in the dirt. So was my 300.00 g body 84 cutlass. 82 2wd s-10.
Sponsored