Sponsored

Beware of window tint damage

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I had an identical spot in the tint on my '17 from flinging my seat belt off in a fit of rage at the garage door opener.
This ^^^ sounds like a winner ! Same spot twice is not a random pocket protector accident. Solution is to put a piece of tape on the tint when in for service over the spot or tell the service manager about the 2 previous incidents and tell him you will be checking for damage when you pick it up.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It could also be damage from the metal part of a clip board. Service tech's will frequently have the paperwork attached to one and they will get in and out of the car with it.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sounds more plausible than pocket screwdriver
Not posted to create a debate over the validity of my assertion, simply an advisement of my experience. Thank you for your assessment though, as it may be a possibility.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I just think it would be hard for 2 technicians to rub their shirt pocket protector on the SAME spot of the window given the varying height and weight of the technicians I see. :giggle:
The seat belt atomic release could be tested with a piece of cardboard taped on the window for protection. :like:

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
Did they give your car a hug when they got it? I don't see how something in a shirt pocket could damage a window???

Sponsored

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could also be damage from the metal part of a clip board. Service tech's will frequently have the paperwork attached to one and they will get in and out of the car with it.
Could very well be a clipboard. Both spots are close but not exactly the same spot.
I could see either being suspect. Not an earthshaking deal, just annoying.
Tested the seatbelt theory, but at least in my case at my height when seated I'd have to almost intentionally send it in the direction of the window.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, my wife agrees with your theory.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This ^^^ sounds like a winner ! Same spot twice is not a random pocket protector accident. Solution is to put a piece of tape on the tint when in for service over the spot or tell the service manager about the 2 previous incidents and tell him you will be checking for damage when you pick it up.
I really like the dealer I use, so I didn't make a big deal about it knowing it could have been worse. But after this second experience, your advice is solid.
Sponsored