Beware of McDavid ford

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Like many while trying to find my GT500 I messaged a lot of dealers. I found my car last week and my father is on the fence about wanting one so I’m still entertaining the salesman.

Anyway this came from McDavid Ford. They have a buyer for their Gt500 with a 15k ADM, per the text the buyer has done paperwork and they are actively trying to sell it out from under him before he arrives at the dealership!

Stay away from these guys.

https://www.mcdavidford.com/new/For...70a0e0ae764ace21d8e29939e.htm?searchDepth=1:3

1609517440628.png

1609517473701.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Weak attempt at trying to get a sale. I think the salesman is just full of shit. I don't think anyone would sell a car that has already had the paperwork completed. I don't think you can.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It has happened before. If I was involved in this in any way, I would reach out to the GM and then to Ford.

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Shady at best.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
At least you have some protection if borrowing money for a car from the Truth in Lending Act.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm not 100% so beware.

I think if a deposit has been made the item cannot be sold without them asking you to back out. If there is no deposit, just a promise to buy, there is no obligation to ask you to back out.

Think of it like a house sale.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I'm not 100% so beware.

I think if a deposit has been made the item cannot be sold without them asking you to back out. If there is no deposit, just a promise to buy, there is no obligation to ask you to back out.

Think of it like a house sale.
They can do what ever they want, I held my breath till I had the keys and I put 10 grand down. What they do have to do is give you the down payment back the rest is conjecture. What I can’t figure out why everyone is so offended and surprised when something like this happens.
People lack integrity is all aspects of life

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
The day I was to take delivery of mine my salesman called and told to get there as quick as I could, I had planned on going when I got off but ended up going at lunchtime. When I arrived I was rushed into finance after being told that the regional manager had shown up and saw my car and wanted it for a buddy. The GM and the salesman rushed me through before the regional could get an answer from his buddy if he wanted the color combo. As finance guy was finalizing the deal the regional popped in the office to say hello and observe the finance guy in action, he double checked his paperwork when done and the look on his face was priceless when he realized what car it was. Moral of the story was had the GM and salesman not acted so quickly the car I had ordered would’ve been long gone.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
The day I was to take delivery of mine my salesman called and told to get there as quick as I could, I had planned on going when I got off but ended up going at lunchtime. When I arrived I was rushed into finance after being told that the regional manager had shown up and saw my car and wanted it for a buddy. The GM and the salesman rushed me through before the regional could get an answer from his buddy if he wanted the color combo. As finance guy was finalizing the deal the regional popped in the office to say hello and observe the finance guy in action, he double checked his paperwork when done and the look on his face was priceless when he realized what car it was. Moral of the story was had the GM and salesman not acted so quickly the car I had ordered would’ve been long gone.
The GM at my local dealer took my allotment for his personal collection, I just took my business elsewhere. What people don’t realize is the harm they cause themselves subconsciously when they lack courage and integrity

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you put a deposit down and order a car, you have a contract. If you fail to follow through with your end of the deal (like not coming in to complete the paperwork and pay for the car) within a reasonable amount of time, i think a dealer would have the right to sell the car.

Both parties have a duty to complete their ends of the bargain. If arrangements were made to pick the car up late due to extenuating circumdtances, then that is another story. That kind of addendum would have to be agreed upon.

So the whole story is probably BS sales tactics, but so many people think that when they order a car, the caris theirs. It is not, it is owned by the dealership until it is transferred to you, but again, they have an obligation to sell the car to you under the agreed upon terms of the verbal or written contract.

Its almost humorous how people think they have an allocation, and that it is theirs. It is not. I commonly see people trying to sell their perceived allocation and make some middleman cash. If the person putting the deposit down does not buy the car, then they have breached the contract and the car/allocation is forfeited.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
If you put a deposit down and order a car, you have a contract. If you fail to follow through with your end of the deal (like not coming in to complete the paperwork and pay for the car) within a reasonable amount of time, i think a dealer would have the right to sell the car.

Both parties have a duty to complete their ends of the bargain. If arrangements were made to pick the car up late due to extenuating circumdtances, then that is another story. That kind of addendum would have to be agreed upon.

So the whole story is probably BS sales tactics, but so many people think that when they order a car, the caris theirs. It is not, it is owned by the dealership until it is transferred to you, but again, they have an obligation to sell the car to you under the agreed upon terms of the verbal or written contract.

Its almost humorous how people think they have an allocation, and that it is theirs. It is not. I commonly see people trying to sell their perceived allocation and make some middleman cash. If the person putting the deposit down does not buy the car, then they have breached the contract and the car/allocation is forfeited.
Down payment means nothing !!! What are you going to do sue them ??? Attorney will cost you the down payment you you still don’t have a car

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

This reminds me of the ADM thread, or the DCT vs manual thread entitlement runs rampant in this country

I’m done !!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Down payment means nothing !!! What are you going to do sue them ??? Attorney will cost you the down payment you you still don’t have a car
Yes, you could..... but most dont.
Sponsored