Sponsored

Beware of Lund

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Im not saying some sort of “from scratch” file doesn’t work. I just want to know how it’s better. Some of Ya’ll are overreacting to this whole cookie cutter deal. If 12 years of tuning has determined that about 15-16* of timing is safe on a boosted pump gas tune, 21-22* on E85 and XYZ cam timing swings are the most efficient for peak power and the Maf has been scaled to be fairly close. You get the point. What are you getting from a blank slate besides taking longer to arrive at those same optimal values.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If I'm paying $1000 or whatever for a tune at least I would feel that I was getting my monies worth. ... Instead you're paying $1000 for the same tune everybody else has with the same mods.

Make em' work for it
you mean tune they’ve been tweaking and improving for 8 years now?(in the case of gen 2)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The only way to write a tune from scratch on an OEM Ford PCM would be to have access to Ford's software.
Yes, every tuner, and tooner, uses the stock file then modifies it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We also offer some great Juggernaut Custom tuning

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I have no issues with them. Tune was spot on and customer support was flawless.

Sponsored

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
The OP never updated this thread or gave updates which is actually very strange. Thread needs to be closed.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Lund tuned at 5k (91/flex/e85)
Second round Of tuning at 48.5k for boost
More aggressive tune for 100oct around 70k
83k now and still kicking on the stock engine/ trans. Customer service has always been great. Dakota has helped me work through issues and review logs well after my tuning revision window has ended multiple times. Alex is a douche to deal with but we all already knew that. I'm considering trying someone new next time, probably juggernaut, but really only to test the waters. I have no issues sticking with Lund either, we'll see what I decide when the time comes.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lund tuned at 5k (91/flex/e85)
Second round Of tuning at 48.5k for boost
More aggressive tune for 100oct around 70k
83k now and still kicking on the stock engine/ trans. Customer service has always been great. Dakota has helped me work through issues and review logs well after my tuning revision window has ended multiple times. Alex is a douche to deal with but we all already knew that. I'm considering trying someone new next time, probably juggernaut, but really only to test the waters. I have no issues sticking with Lund either, we'll see what I decide when the time comes.
I would go wengred next time, but I don't wanna buy a new tuning device just to get a diffferent tune. I do know he will let me use a HP Tuners MPIV3 device which is a boon, I'll be tuning my own when I come back home and get time.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I would go wengred next time, but I don't wanna buy a new tuning device just to get a diffferent tune. I do know he will let me use a HP Tuners MPIV3 device which is a boon, I'll be tuning my own when I come back home and get time.
I know a lot of guys are happy with wengerd but he was a douche when I reached out to him with questions so I'll pass. 🤣 PBD take a week to respond to any inquiry so cross them off too. That's why I think I may give juggernaut a try.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This thread has been entertaining. Any more experiences with Lund?

Was debating between Lund and PBD, but now i'm definitely leaning towards PBD
100% happy with Lund. Tuned on E85 and using them for remote sessions in the coming weeks for new mods. Have had a ton of questions for them about my fuel system and other mods and I’ve gotten a response on everything within 5 hours on standard work days.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. They can't even get a IMRC delete to run right, hence they want you to use VMP pigtails, and even then it's a crap shoot.

Then you say "well their Fi tunes work good". Sure. Cause their tweaked Roush tunes. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

As for auto-trans 'flair' and changes shift points to a lower RPM, again demonstrates their 'cookie cutter tune' status. One tune doesn't fit all. What actually happening is they slip the phuk outta the clutches via varying line pressure to try and get it to shift where they want. Might work great on one car, but if the same is applied to another thats sasy a couple hundred pounds heavier, not so much. Then out comes the 'hack'. Again, crap shoot. Sooner rather than later when yer trans goes boom... it's YOUR FAULT. Never theirs. Look it up, it's LUND tuned transmissions that always pop.

So yah, if you want inconsistency go LUND. IF you want the slowest NA car on the planet, GO LUND. Unless of course you're willing to pay BIG BUCKS for custom dyno sessions. No opinion with FI as I never had the oppertuniy to be in a FI car that was lund tuned. But I did read @beefcake detailed thread on his car. ;)

Evil Twin GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domingo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Lund tuned , no issues and customer service was top notch, with Dakota tuning my car when it was n/a and Alex tuning currently with the Whipple ……

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It’s easy to be satisfied with a service when all they do is email you one canned tune after another until you are satisfied.
Sponsored