Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Lmaooo this got nothing to do with me. It’s about Karens complaining in here and yet still giving the guy they hate views which results in him making more money and Karens just ending up more angry.
You can delude yourself if you like but we see right through your post. You’re making this about you. Here’s an idea, if you don’t agree with what this thread is about then scroll on by without commenting. It’s called being an adult which you infer you’re espousing but not actually doing.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You can delude yourself if you like but we see right through your post. You’re making this about you. Here’s an idea, if you don’t agree with what this thread is about then scroll on by without commenting. It’s called being an adult which you infer you’re espousing but not actually doing.
Ma'am, you dont sound very mentally stable.

If anything, this thread became about alex and the absolute hate some here show towards him and not about the OP and his progress towards getting his car to where he's satisfied with it.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ma'am, you dont sound very mentally stable.

If anything, this thread became about alex and the absolute hate some here show towards him and not about the OP and his progress towards getting his car to where he's satisfied with it.
Ah I see, so you’re the post police here to make sure we all stay on topic by insulting us? You’re so cool, we are humbled by your greatness. You got it all wrong, my emotional or mental stability isn’t affected by 🤡s like you 🤣🤣🤣

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's a thread about Lund and their business practices. Alex happens to be the face of that company. Did you watch the video?

If I owned that or any business and one of my employees called my customers son's of bit#@s or mother*#@kers, I'd fire him/her on the spot and send out an apology.

If I ran a tune business I'd run it where if you buy a tune, revisions are good for life. Within reason. If I could not make you happy I'd refund your money, not trash you on social media.

If your car needs diagnostic help I'd help out for a small fee.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
This guy Alex living rent free house n some of your heads. Ya’ll don’t like him yet you watch him lol, Ya’ll would have a more peaceful life if you just stop doing the things that anger you. Just suggesting
I've watched him maybe 3 times for about 10 seconds apiece just to confirm, yup... he's a fucking tool.

/takes off Karen hat

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have run an IT consulting business for 16+ years now. I deal with people who have little to no technical knowledge at all. I've developed strong relationships with all of my clients. They rely on me to take care of an area that they do not have time for or the need to know the back end technical jargon. My job is to communicate what is being done and the benefits to them in a manner they can understand without being demeaning or rude. I don't have the luxury of being arrogant; they are the reason I am able to make a living and provide abundantly for my family. It is a shame if this is happening as small businesses are the lifeblood, or at least used to be, the lifeblood of our economy.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
ye
I don’t disagree, however, the street racing/takeover turds likely weren’t going to patronize the local drag strips anyways. It seems like a lot of that BS is done for the Gram and TikTok, straight up racing done legally at tracks don’t get the views these idiots are looking for. The takeover and street racing crap has been happening a lot more here and it’s killing the opportunity to have meets and shows because nobody wants to give up their parking lots for an evening with the risk that idiots in clapped out Infiniti’s, Honda’s, Mopar’s, etc. show up and cause trouble. Sorry for the mini rant, I just have a real disdain for those types of folks. My 13 year old son really likes cars and I try to get him to as many meets as I can so he doesn’t lose that passion but they keep decreasing every year.

Anyways, back on topic crapping on Lund…
yeah, I feel the car community shrinking as well... less and less going on.

hockale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Copy that. I was trying to ascertain whether the lockouts pose a tuning issue, given the fact that the Lund employee was not happy when I inquired about them. Let me see if I can find his email and post his and my responses verbatim.

John N at Lund’s response to my inquiry about lockouts:

Jonn N:
He’s very much correct that the lockouts create more work for little to no benefit. In most cases, you do nothing but hamper drivability for the sake of disabling something that looks confusing. These engines need the imrc for proper fuel-air mixing and stability at idle.

hockale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I have run an IT consulting business for 16+ years now. I deal with people who have little to no technical knowledge at all. I've developed strong relationships with all of my clients. They rely on me to take care of an area that they do not have time for or the need to know the back end technical jargon. My job is to communicate what is being done and the benefits to them in a manner they can understand without being demeaning or rude. I don't have the luxury of being arrogant; they are the reason I am able to make a living and provide abundantly for my family. It is a shame if this is happening as small businesses are the lifeblood, or at least used to be, the lifeblood of our economy.
You get it. I believe the knowledge gap most individuals encounter tends to incite some sort of primal alpha behavior, leading to nasty “I can’t believe you don’t know this” types of comments.

Anyone could be an expert in anything, it’s rather how we choose to use our time that establishes a person’s area of expertise.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You get it. I believe the knowledge gap most individuals encounter tends to incite some sort of primal alpha behavior, leading to nasty “I can’t believe you don’t know this” types of comments.

Anyone could be an expert in anything, it’s rather how we choose to use our time that establishes a person’s area of expertise.
I believe Neil Degrasse Tyson nailed it when he said “the farther we expand our knowledge the further we expand our ignorance”. In context that means having a little knowledge of something just makes you more likely to be ignorant about the subject. If customers dropped their egos and allowed people with vastly more knowledge do their thing there would be a significant reduction in friction between the customer and business.
The internet is a vast trove of information, but nobody became an expert on something by solely reading about it online.

Sponsored

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
I’m not saying Nardi’s wrong. I just didn’t understand what he meant by saying, “I keep seeing people do this and it’s creating more work for no reason at all.” Was he referring to me, the end user putting in work to remove and replace the IM or was he talking about the tuner having to make tweaks to the tune?
I inquired with Lund this summer regarding a tune for an ESS G3.

John insisted I lockout my Gen2 IM.

When I told him I already have a 2018+ IM ready to install he said to lock them out on that as well.

Wild how something like this changed in just a few months and his attitude seems condescending.

I don't have any shit to talk about Lund at the moment bc my NA tune from them is pretty damn good. Honestly though, I'm having second thoughts about using them for my ESS tune in the coming months.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I inquired with Lund this summer regarding a tune for an ESS G3.

John insisted I lockout my Gen2 IM.

When I told him I already have a 2018+ IM ready to install he said to lock them out on that as well.

Wild how something like this changed in just a few months and his attitude seems condescending.

I don't have any shit to talk about Lund at the moment bc my NA tune from them is pretty damn good. Honestly though, I'm having second thoughts about using them for my ESS tune in the coming months.
John said lock them out because it’s a boosted application. The crowd that wants them locked out on their NA setup are a different story. They’ll be tuning my G3 setup.

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
John said lock them out because it’s a boosted application. The crowd that wants them locked out on their NA setup are a different story. They’ll be tuning my G3 setup.
Okay fair enough. I should have remembered the different procedure for boost.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Does anyone know why Tuners recommend locking them out for boosted setups?