Beware of Lund

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Wow!!!!! lol!! Came in a tad HOT but he is right. know your mod and it's limitations. Switch to 93 octane for the winter if you are in a cold environment, but he did not need to come across like that. He must hate his customers! It will end up biting him in the ass, word of mouth can make you or break you!!
That is actually tame compared to the linked video. He calls his customers mother%$#kers. I think his rant starts around the 28 min mark.
Sponsored

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Lund insisting the problem is mechanical and not tune...........now way dude, that never happens (sarcasm).

A Trump style move would have been to get PBH on a conference with Lund and let them fight about whether the trans is bad. Oh wait, you can't call Lund on the phone. Nevermind.
I would pay to listen to that call. It's kind of like old engineers from two different companies "discussing" what the actual specification is and then the tape measure breaks out with "Well I've done it this way for 35 years"

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I would pay to listen to that call. It's kind of like old engineers from two different companies "discussing" what the actual specification is and then the tape measure breaks out with "Well I've done it this way for 35 years"
As someone who gets paid to pretty much baby sit adults, a lot of my job is getting "all the liars in the same room" to sort things out. Bob claims it's Bill's faulty design. Bill claim's Bob simply didn't install it correctly and has no idea what he's doing. The solution is to get Bill and Bob in the same room to determine who's lying.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
As someone who gets paid to pretty much baby sit adults, a lot of my job is getting "all the liars in the same room" to sort things out. Bob claims it's Bill's faulty design. Bill claim's Bob simply didn't install it correctly and has no idea what he's doing. The solution is to get Bill and Bob in the same room to determine who's lying.
Have them battle to the death and then give a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Sponsored

hockale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I’m immediately suspicious of any aftermarket performance shop that refers to calibrations as “tunes”. This ain’t your grand daddy’s ‘69 302, no tuning carb jets and mixture screws anymore.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I can relate. Sounds like my job is similar to yours. I am great at getting to the bottom of the issue when teams are butting heads. If they could just communicate in the first place, I'd be out of a job! Good thing engineers are a fickle bunch.

Ptrug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP Convertible with FI
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Lund. At least from my tuner, Dakota. MY ESS FI setup took about 5 revisions testing at different RPM ranges but in the end everything came out amazing and he answered all my questions. Even provided direction in other areas not directly related to the tune. Very helpful.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
I must have compared all the tuners in the last 3 months. I feel like I'm back to square 1. At this point its like flipping a coin. This is fustrating.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I can relate. Sounds like my job is similar to yours. I am great at getting to the bottom of the issue when teams are butting heads. If they could just communicate in the first place, I'd be out of a job! Good thing engineers are a fickle bunch.
Seems about right 🤣

be0d0c5a-b731-4fe7-9d31-9fee185d04f1_text.gif

Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
LUND is getting too cocky. They have a phucking moron repping them ( Alex Flores ), and if u ain't willing to spend 1000's on them, they don't care about you. Actually even if you do they still don't ha-ha.

LUND tunes for the average guy SUCKS. But they're more than happy to take your hard earned $$.
AMEN 🙏🏼🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 TO THAT.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
im in NC what is this shops location
Northern California. Not Carolina lol.

But if you don’t mind the drive you can go to Adam Browne at Revolution Automotive outside of Baltimore. He and Shaun are pretty close and Adam is one of the best tuners on the east coast so I’ve heard.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Man this turned into quite a thread. A few things I think are happening at once.

1. I have a whipple 6R80 car. I had the exact same issue on my car that you did. I went from bone stock 25k mi mint car and added a whipple and fuel system. First time at the track my car would SLAM the limiter on the 1-2 shift(this was 2 years ago BTW). They also told me initially it was my transmission which I couldn't believe. Luckily on a FB page others told me they had the same issue and how they fixed it.

2. I let them know what I wanted and my Tuner(Dakota) was easy to work with and now my car runs great. We only had to lower the 1-2 shift point down to like 6,300 I think to get it to shift at 7900or so.

3. I do think this is Mainly a tune issue combined with a mechanical short coming with their Whipple Gen 2 Calibration. I've talked with multiple people all having the same issue with the 1-2 shift, and now OP is another one. For some reason the 6R80 just cant complete the shift fast enough mechanically.

4. I have had this tune on the car for 2 years now and it drives like stock and runs hard so I am pretty happy with my Lund experience.
Sponsored