Sponsored

Beware of Lund

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Don’t forget these guys got busted by the feds, so I am sure this had a huge impact on their operation going forward… there is roughly 20 states that follow California emissions laws. In California you cannot do a custom tune unless it has been carb certified and no tuna is doing that. The industry will fade out at some point, leading only fly by night folks providing custom tunes.
This issues started well before that.
I also have issue with the BS about getting busted. They often posted online wiht their company accounts about hating on the EPA regulations and some of their employees on the personal accts posted about not liking the government and pro gun stuff, so OF COURSE the EPA agents are going to go into that a bit more aggressive. They have no idea what kind of hot heads the Lunds and their employees are/aren't. I do not blame any EPA agent for thinking he may be walking into a bad situation and wanting agents for backup. Gladly they were not needed, but they blew that story up HUGE just for promotion. Maybe if their employees and themselves didn't use the company profile for political stances and bullshit it wouldn't have had to go that way.

The fact they could not keep politics out of their company accounts is why I stopped following them on social media. I use my SM for car content, I don't give a shit if the person making a fuel pump is political left or right leaning I just wanna know about how great your fuel pump is.

Act like a dumbass people will just assume you may be a dumbass.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I also have issue with the BS about getting busted. They often posted online wiht their company accounts about hating on the EPA regulations and some of their employees on the personal accts posted about not liking the government and pro gun stuff, so OF COURSE the EPA agents are going to go into that a bit more aggressive. They have no idea what kind of hot heads the Lunds and their employees are/aren't. I do not blame any EPA agent for thinking he may be walking into a bad situation and wanting agents for backup. Gladly they were not needed, but they blew that story up HUGE just for promotion. Maybe if their employees and themselves didn't use the company profile for political stances and bullshit it wouldn't have had to go that way.

The fact they could not keep politics out of their company accounts is why I stopped following them on social media. I use my SM for car content, I don't give a shit if the person making a fuel pump is political left or right leaning I just wanna know about how great your fuel pump is.

Amen brother.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

44C84B86-1E7B-445A-BAAD-879B3531B954.gif

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Or, it could be that it’s a damn race car and they tend to break more often than not. A wild concept, I know. 🙄
You bet. 100%. But you gotta be a King Tard to snap a chain with a TH400 ha-ha.
Anyways; he preaches: don't bounce off the limiter like a tard.. UNLESS he hears it was tuned by someone other than LUND, THEN he blames the TUNER. So, he's either a TARD, or blame the TUNE. Still waiting on skippy to decide on which. In the meantime, him & LUND will get slammed for DUMB SHIT they do. Like getting pissy when @beefcake car isn't performing as it should, LUND said nothing is wrong, then team beefcake goes faster with another tuner.

BUT not to worry.. you sheep will buy Flores another engine. #thenewwelfare

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyways; he preaches: don't bounce off the limiter like a tard.. UNLESS he hears it was tuned by someone other than LUND, THEN he blames the TUNER. So, he's either a TARD, or blame the TUNE. Still waiting on skippy to decide on which. In the meantime, him & LUND will get slammed for DUMB SHIT they do. Like getting pissy when @beefcake car isn't performing as it should, LUND said nothing is wrong, then team beefcake goes faster with another tuner.

You realize the actual sprocket on the cam broke along with the chain. That’s just a catastrophic failure. He at least hasn’t shown the car ever bouncing off the limiter. Alex is pretty transparent. When he said everyone was gorilla shifting their MT82 like retards and breaking them, he made a video and I’ll be damn if he didn’t break his.

This whole thread is comical.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
they are anything but transparent, especially Alex

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Every tuner is going to have their quirks. We use a multitude of tuners ourselves. We've been using Juggernaut since they started out and Ortiz as well along with Lund. Keep in mind, for every tune that JP or Ortiz do, its probably 20-30 tunes for Lund. They have a hefty number of customers and we've seen first hand the headache associated with trying to tune around a mechanical issue. Plenty of times customers will bring their cars to us after they do the work and want us to remote tune with.... whomever only to find out how many issues the car has.

I love JP and Ortiz, we actually use them in house a lot but Lund is one of the better "well rounded" tuning companies out there. With the amount of customers they have its safe to say they're going to have some pissed off customers and to be frank, a lot of lost patience.

Just food for thought on the outside looking in on this one.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
After the video I wouldn't use Lund if he was the last tuner available.

The way Alex talked about customers in the video is the way Lund Sr talked to me on the phone years ago.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does anyone know what the quickest/fastest FBO manual GT has run in the 1/4 when tuned by any of the aforementioned tuners? I was just curious as to whether any of these guys have closed the gap to within 2-3 tenths of an A10 car?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what the quickest/fastest FBO manual GT has run in the 1/4 when tuned by any of the aforementioned tuners? I was just curious as to whether any of these guys have closed the gap to within 2-3 tenths of an A10 car?
extremely unlikely since the motor tunes would be otherwise identical. The transmission would need to be replaced with a sequential, and something done about the gear ratios.

Best to just resign yourself to losing to any and every automatic and also EV. I'll bet even a quality CVT could spank the 6MT.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Best to just resign yourself to losing to any and every automatic and also EV. I'll bet even a quality CVT could spank the 6MT.
Unless your name is Ronnie Sox.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
extremely unlikely since the motor tunes would be otherwise identical. The transmission would need to be replaced with a sequential, and something done about the gear ratios.

I was afraid that would be the answer, but I was hoping that perhaps meticulously dialing in the torque management (which I keep hearing about) could close the gap between the two some. So much for wishful thinking. I’ll go ahead attach a white rag to my car then, so that the auto tranny cars will know that I don’t want NO smoke!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
After the video I wouldn't use Lund if he was the last tuner available.

The way Alex talked about customers in the video is the way Lund Sr talked to me on the phone years ago.
I spent years as their largest dealer, listening to them, talk the same way, and
always tried to justify it.

it’s funny. so many people came up to me at events after i dumped them and said “you got the average customer experience”.

happy to send that volume to other tuners who care more and charge less

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Every tuner is going to have their quirks. We use a multitude of tuners ourselves. We've been using Juggernaut since they started out and Ortiz as well along with Lund. Keep in mind, for every tune that JP or Ortiz do, its probably 20-30 tunes for Lund. They have a hefty number of customers and we've seen first hand the headache associated with trying to tune around a mechanical issue. Plenty of times customers will bring their cars to us after they do the work and want us to remote tune with.... whomever only to find out how many issues the car has.

I love JP and Ortiz, we actually use them in house a lot but Lund is one of the better "well rounded" tuning companies out there. With the amount of customers they have its safe to say they're going to have some pissed off customers and to be frank, a lot of lost patience.

Just food for thought on the outside looking in on this one.

Sure if the issue only shows up at high speeds or a track that's another case but its seems like 80% of the issues I read about are basically drivability or things that dont need more than 1-3 gears or can be repeated in a parking lot, empty business park or back road.

More customers means you need more effort, the problem is that unless you are a high dollar player they seem to not wanna put in the effort anymore. Probably the very first thing I'd do is use my phone as a hotspot, set up a laptop to data log in my passenger seat and make them watch the live logs. Or work with them to connect to a local shop to use their dyno and remote view their PC or mine. The email back and forth should be a last resort for support as its the least hands on, but it seems to be all they wanna do.

The cycle of log-> email-> wait-> get asked to log something else-> email->wait is what is likely making customers the most angry as during this time they have an unusable car.

I work in IT. I know all about properly spending time to diagnose an issue and nail down the problem and its fix. Email is the WORST way to do that. More so if the person you are dealing with is not an expert in the subject themselves.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
more customers. at a higher $ amount. should mean more personal attention. and it’s just the opposite.

largest dealer. we build cars for a living. and get talked to like a child. “known good file”

i’m like really….. how many 2018 10r80 built engine locked stock cam fore fuel system fic2150 blfab single 94/100 with pmas maf are you tuning……..answer. 1

so how is it a “known good file”.

The funniest thing, as a friend of mine, hasn’t turned anything since 2010 knew exactly what the issue was after a three minute conversation

He didn’t know where it was, but he told me what the issue was an after I mention his name to Lund Senior he said yeah I know that guy he’s not that smart

I’m thinking while he figured out in three minutes what you guys come in nine months of data logging and seeing the car in person. Sounds pretty effing smart to me. lol
Sponsored