Sponsored

Beware, FN MY18 Mustang GTs advertised as MY19s.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
I have noticed an annoying common tendency for used MY18 FN GTs to be advertised Falsely as MY 19s. There is an easy way to identify the difference between the two.

The FN MY18 had the "Shaker Pro 390W" Sound System in Australia, and this was replaced (superseded) by the B&O Play 1000W Audio with the MY19 - with a Compliance Date FROM Oct2018.

Any FN GT with the "Shaker" Audio - and white "Shaker" logo printed on the small panel to the left of the Power Outlet / Lighter, is an MY18 - and the MY19 has the B&O Logo on the Centre Dash Speaker.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Does Australia not have a window sticker law like in the states? By law, every car needs a "Monroney sticker" with accurate information about the vehicle, down to individual options/packages.
In Australia each state has its own Consumer Protection Laws, and the Gov records only show the actual physical Build Date (as per VIN), not the Manufacturer internal MY change over dates.

Both Car Dealers & Private sellers are prone to make convenient assumptions about the MY Dates, and usually get it wrong.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
The shaker center speaker cover looks different to the BO.

The shaker is louvred whereas the BO is not.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
We have 2018 Grabber blues rolling around in the UK ... !

'In general' people over here really only seem interested in the registered date and that's not helped by the long supply time to get them over here then through the dealer network etc.

WD :like:
Sponsored