Sponsored

Better to Trade in WITH Supercharger or Return to Stock?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Evolution has said the EB Stage II pulley is a no go on pump, they switch it out when they do the custom tune.
On the EB canned tune I'm not sure, but again they seem to think boost is too high on the Stage II kit.

Lund wont tune a Stage II on pump unless u pulley up too
Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Evolution has said the EB Stage II pulley is a no go on pump, they switch it out when they do the custom tune.
On the EB canned tune I'm not sure, but again they seem to think boost is too high on the Stage II kit.

Lund wont tune a Stage II on pump unless u pulley up too
Wow!!!! Been good to know before I bought it and paid ASE tech for its install then tow trucks and sleepless nights on the first engine extending to the new one now hehe
I can absolutely assure you I would NOT have purchased or had this kit installed had I known that I would have simply used a griptec pulley and custom tune for my stage 1...similar power lower boost....took the 6k I saved put it in account for a build short block
Instead I spent the 6k and months if time and stress, still never got to make a run and still have to buy a short block minimum......now that my cars value has plummeted with the laundry list of entries on car fax hehe

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
It's coming hehe I went out to clean out the trunk and got stung so set off a bug bomb hehe....
It's not nasty it I have a boost/efi cam in it however its hybrid setup meaning I run a hydraulic roller lobe with dual pressure fed SOLID roller lifters on tight lash...that way it doesnt drop off at high rpm when that F1A-94 impeller kicks in....

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Its over.
Pull that kit and get the fuck rid of it.
Send it to vendor and have them install it on their mule and blow their motors up.
Its killed 2 motors and putting it on a 3rd would be fucking insane since obviously tuner and shop failed repeatedly to dial in and you dont know wtf is wrong but keep driving on an obviously fucked setup.

Stock long block and Whipple stage 2 w 6 rib on 93 at 650 rwhp all day long.
Yea hard to give up on it I've got 8 months, 2 engines and $13k in the kit and labor much more depending on how right they do....I wont give up if they wont....the car is too weak without it....( don't have access to e85), I for sure dont know what's wrong neither installer does either done by ASE shop.first time and Ford second time...its the kit tune.....I have no answers your right....we had some things we were gonna try I tried to catch him before he left Friday when I knew it was blown so he didnt waste the time and money sending the stuff....

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Wow, sorry to hear about all this. First, definitely pull off the blower, you will not get anything for it. Regarding the blower kit, super bummer. I dove right in to the stage 2 kit on my 19. Running 91 on the edelbrock 91 tune and working well. Many others are having very good results, too. Wish there was a way a shop could troubleshoot and resolve directly with Edelbrock tech support as a last ditch effort? Want to see you successful.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Wow, sorry to hear about all this. First, definitely pull off the blower, you will not get anything for it. Regarding the blower kit, super bummer. I dove right in to the stage 2 kit on my 19. Running 91 on the edelbrock 91 tune and working well. Many others are having very good results, too. Wish there was a way a shop could troubleshoot and resolve directly with Edelbrock tech support as a last ditch effort? Want to see you successful.
I think I found the variable and it's simple but detrimental still investigating. I couldnt dive right into the stage 2 as they didnt make it at the time. I had bought the first stage 2 upgrade or so the inventory manager told me because she apologized for not even knowing which parts to pulls sent me about half of em on the first go and still was short parts on 2nd go...she was very nice though and took full ownership....
Though even you if I recall did have some misfire issues due to FEAD, by lots I was told Friday by them, approx 20 with my setup sold...not really a bit sample size....I think what I discovered is the root issue and why it's fine non WOT and even the logs look fine at WOT till the KR kicks in. In other words fueling and timing are right...after talking to them an hour Friday just before I discovered it was blown I felt so good about just doing some trouble shooting they were gonna pull parts of test mule ect ect...I tried to stop them from sending the second I read that down cylinder....and fired off an email this morning with what I think it is to look thru their inventory and make sure no one else is getting the wrong things....IF I'm right...and common sense would say I am.......
As nuts as it is to say it when I look over the market, for me there is simply still no better option I still love it just have to make it work....I got car version of Stockholm syndrome or something.....
I LOVE that no one can tell it's own there....I LOVE the way it looks in the bay, i love the absence of noise, I love the lack of effect of mpg...I love how nimble it makes the car feel at brisk drive offs ect...I love everything except the detonation. I can easily see me just backing down using the griptec 3.75 pulley I had made and calling it a day once I get funds available...
I really looked at all the choices all weekend and for ME it's still the perfect choice and if I'm right on what went wrong, it's a $60 fix and about an hour had the engine not went first....
I'm not trying to run 8s, the car is just anemic with 3.15s stock wont spin a tire...I just want to hit it now and then spin some tires and feel the power, I also want it brisk like it's a bigger engine and it does that in stage 2. A procharger probably get me in 10s but I'm sure it wont feel this nimble.....
Stage 1 would have been fine really if it wasnt for the belt slip like the 130mphclub dude had, I was glad to watch his video I has the same slip...in hind sight a $170 griptec pulley solves that too but I'd have lost warranty, but then again what good has warranty done me yet hehe.....
Stage 1 with a griptec pulley perhaps 1 step faster with a custom tune should be a sweet spot on money vs performance...
At least I have a plausible reason now which makes it somehow worse and somehow easier to stomach at same time....

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Sad thing is even with Ford I had to play that part, but I'm pretty sure i know what was the same across both engines and it's just weird because had they not sent the plastic IAT that fuels down your engine to the point it fuel dilutes your oil and misfires the spark plugs I would have had the correct part in the engine...( that was already lined out when you got yours us early adopters ate that one...you will notice your IAT is brass not plastic).
Its gonna work this time I just know it will and I DO love the system itself, very weird to look at everything available, not being a racer that torque is more important to me than HP or ET....so it's still this system for me.....

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Don't want to revive a dead thread but how much would it cost to go back to stock assuming you already have the manifold, suspension, and stock intake on hand
Sponsored