Better Deal For The Money: 2019 Base GT or 2020 Base EB HPP

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Because the SOUND satisfies your ego. ..?

What if your ego wasn't so large...? Would you still have to choose the heavy v8, over the lighter more aggressive handling HPP..? Just some food for thought.
Yes to all of your questions...

if you want agility you buy a miata, not a mustang...

You're talking like the GT is a aircraft carrier and the ecoboost is some factory thoroughbreed race car... Its still a Mustang.

The GT offers way more overall. The ecoboost has no business being sold as a 30k or 40k car its a high teens mid 20s car at best for what you get for your money...

And ford thinks They're slick taking the base model GT brakes putting it on the ecoboost and calling it a "performance pack"...
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Er.... no. Ego is a concept of self-importance or self-esteem. Satisfaction does not necessarily relate to either. Perhaps take a pass by a dictionary or thesaurus next time.
Please :crazy:
When you are trying to satisfy yourself, that is your ego. When you make a compromise, that is you facing it. Coincidentally, all the excuses people are giving. Like I was born in American v8, etc.. are emotional. And are not taking a step back like Silver did and give some headspace to the Mustang 2.3 hi-po.

In reality, the Mustang HPP is a better street/track car that the GT.

And if "moAr" performance is needed, the HPP can be tuned well past the GT's power-to-weight ratio. Done right, the 2.3 high-performance Mustang can easily have 450tq and still be lighter than the GT350. Better braking too...

If I don't like the up & coming Mustang hybrid announcement, then I will be ordering an HPP. Backseat removal, CF driveshaft, some fluid changes & mods... and the HPP will have more phun banging gears, than a GT. I've been waiting for a better turbo Mustang, but again no hurry for me, because I am personally waiting on the hybrid announcement and perhaps the SVO & Mach 1 coming back? (The idea of a push to pass Mustang, is too alluring.)

But if I were buying today, I would choose the HPP over the GT and get a 93 octane tune for it and be done...! With a tuned HPP you end up with a Mustang that outhandles a PP2 and has a more usable powerband. (Not as much horsepower, but more torque.)

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And ford thinks They're slick taking the base model GT brakes putting it on the ecoboost and calling it a "performance pack"...
I agree it's shameless. I had to buy the GT/PP undertray for my EB/PP so I can get the air ducted to the rotors. Sure, sure the GT brakes aren't vented properly and strictly speaking Ford doesn't have to use the correct part but it's the same price for either one. And why not make the EB/PP stand out by also having the longer 'lip' the GT/PP has?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Er.... satisfying your soul = ego.
I do not know you so I have no idea why it seems your only purpose of this forum is take issue with everyone else’s post’s regardless of topic. We are here primarily to discuss the cars we love, not consistently fight over the smallest of differences.
I speak only for myself but I find your contributions to this forum to be nothing but argumentative drivel.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
W3rkn, Consider yourself notified.

2. Flaming / Bashing / Bickering / Trolling / Baiting — "Flaming" of members, including personal attacks and insults towards another member, petty bickering or bashing of another member and/or their vehicle preferences for any reason (because of engine/vehicle choice, mods, stock vs. non stock, personal reasons, etc), trolling or baiting arguments is NOT acceptable behavior on THIS site. This includes overt, repeated or excessive bashing of another vehicle brand, make or model. Members are advised to use the IGNORE function if you have a personality conflict with another member.

5. "Thread Crapping" — Is NOT acceptable on this forum. This includes ruining another member's thread simply because you disagree or do not care about the topic of the thread. Posting "who cares" or "dumb idea" adds nothing positive to the forum, leads to petty bickering and derails threads.

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Please :crazy:
When you are trying to satisfy yourself, that is your ego. When you make a compromise, that is you facing it. Coincidentally, all the excuses people are giving. Like I was born in American v8, etc.. are emotional. And are not taking a step back like Silver did and give some headspace to the Mustang 2.3 hi-po.

In reality, the Mustang HPP is a better street/track car that the GT.

And if "moAr" performance is needed, the HPP can be tuned well past the GT's power-to-weight ratio. Done right, the 2.3 high-performance Mustang can easily have 450tq and still be lighter than the GT350. Better braking too...

If I don't like the up & coming Mustang hybrid announcement, then I will be ordering an HPP. Backseat removal, CF driveshaft, some fluid changes & mods... and the HPP will have more phun banging gears, than a GT. I've been waiting for a better turbo Mustang, but again no hurry for me, because I am personally waiting on the hybrid announcement and perhaps the SVO & Mach 1 coming back? (The idea of a push to pass Mustang, is too alluring.)

But if I were buying today, I would choose the HPP over the GT and get a 93 octane tune for it and be done...! With a tuned HPP you end up with a Mustang that outhandles a PP2 and has a more usable powerband. (Not as much horsepower, but more torque.)
This made me LMA FUCKING O....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This is what happens when you let your teenagers play with Hondas. Then they get older.:facepalm:

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
TO the OP has your buddy gone out for another test drive. What was his thoughts?

Sponsored
OP
OP

AGM2018

TO the OP has your buddy gone out for another test drive. What was his thoughts?
MFNO,

Good afternoon; my co-worker is, surprising to me, most likely purchasing the EB. Although there is no question in his judgment the GT is faster, and from a monetary/financing standpoint, the GT is probably a better long-term (as far as GT VS EB depreciation value is concerned) financial option, whether taking the available $2500 rebate or the 0% APR financing up to 72 months. He simply preferred the manner the EB drove, handled and "felt" in comparison to the GT. After this decision, he did, at my behest, drive a 2019 EB PP after he drove the 2020 EB PP. He still preferred the 2020 EB HPP, with the Handling Package.

The current "deal" he has been offered is $36,300 OTD, on a 2020 EB HPP with an MSRP of $38,745. He has, as far as I know, good credit, so he should be able to use the same credit union as me, to secure a 72 month loan for 3.49% APR. With no down payment at purchase, a 72 month loan, financed at the 3.49% APR, calculates to a total cost of: $40,285.72...or $285.72 more than the 2019 Mustang GT Base available for purchase at an OTD cost of $40,000 and using Ford's 0% APR for a 72 month loan. My co-worker has offered the dealership $35,700, which would put the total cost of the car at $39,619.84 at the end of the loan.

I have a "feeling" the dealership will counter-offer at $36,000, which is a total cost of $39,952.78...making the purchase of the 2020 EB HPP and the 2019 Base Trim Mustang GT a "virtual wash", in terms of which car is the better deal in strict monetary terms; of course, as other have discussed, there are a multitude of other non-monetary considerations to consider as to which is indeed the "better deal", many of which can't be judged or evaluated in strict terms of monetary value. He is waiting for his saleman to call/email him to inform him if his offer of $35,700 will be accepted...and if not, what the dealership's counter offer is. He, and I, should know soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
MFNO,

Good afternoon; my co-worker is, surprising to me, most likely purchasing the EB. Although there is no question in his judgment the GT is faster, and from a monetary/financing standpoint, the GT is probably a better long-term (as far as GT VS EB depreciation value is concerned) financial option, whether taking the available $2500 rebate or the 0% APR financing up to 72 months. He simply preferred the manner the EB drove, handled and "felt" in comparison to the GT. After this decision, he did, at my behest, drive a 2019 EB PP after he drove the 2020 EB PP. He still preferred the 2020 EB HPP, with the Handling Package.

The current "deal" he has been offered is $36,300 OTD, on a 2020 EB HPP with an MSRP of $38,745. He has, as far as I know, good credit, so he should be able to use the same credit union as me, to secure a 72 month loan for 3.49% APR. With no down payment at purchase, a 72 month loan, financed at the 3.49% APR, calculates to a total cost of: $40,285.72...or $285.72 more than the 2019 Mustang GT Base available for purchase at an OTD cost of $40,000 and using Ford's 0% APR for a 72 month loan. My co-worker has offered the dealership $35,700, which would put the total cost of the car at $39,619.84 at the end of the loan.

I have a "feeling" the dealership will counter-offer at $36,000, which is a total cost of $39,952.78...making the purchase of the 2020 EB HPP and the 2019 Base Trim Mustang GT a "virtual wash", in terms of which car is the better deal in strict monetary terms; of course, as other have discussed, there are a multitude of other non-monetary considerations to consider as to which is indeed the "better deal", many of which can't be judged or evaluated in strict terms of monetary value. He is waiting for his saleman to call/email him to inform him if his offer of $35,700 will be accepted...and if not, what the dealership's counter offer is. He, and I, should know soon.
Thanks for the detailed update. There is no real right or wrong purchase as we all buy for our own reasons & this EB HPP is the right choice for his tastes & requirements. I would think the EB would be a more practical daily driver than a GT but that's just a guess from someone who has never driven an EB either. The HPP would be a pretty slick car to drive from the few things I've read and seen on youtube about it. But alas its not likely it would ever suit my tastes but who knows:)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
MFNO,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update. You never mentioned the HPP with the handling package. That is a whole other animal. More like a GT PP2. This car will be awesome. Not sure what the temps are in the Ether but if they are under 40 degrees your friend is going to buy some winter/all season tires as well.
Sponsored