Best way to clean the taillight panel?

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Talking about the black panel on the trunk where the GT emblem is. It seems to ALWAYS be dirty. Any recommended cleaners for this, or just constantly wipe it down?
Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I noticed once I ceramic coated my car, the emblem decklid (where the GT logo is located) remains much cleaner. A quick rinse with the hose or spritz with quick detailer has it looking like new.

I used Armor Shield IX for coating.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I noticed once I ceramic coated my car, the emblem decklid (where the GT logo is located) remains much cleaner. A quick rinse with the hose or spritz with quick detailer has it looking like new.

I used Armor Shield IX for coating.
Brilliant idea. My panel is a mess - esp where I've tried to clean around the black "GT" on the lid and there's micro-scratches.

I'm replacing it with a Scott Drake panel here soon with no GT emblem and coating the new one will be critical.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Brilliant idea. My panel is a mess - esp where I've tried to clean around the black "GT" on the lid and there's micro-scratches.

I'm replacing it with a Scott Drake panel here soon with no GT emblem and coating the new one will be critical.
The ceramic coatings are nothing short of miraculous. I became a believer once I used Armor Shield IX. Im sure they all work similarly, but I can only speak for my experience.
Inexpensive, easy to DIY, stunning results.
Be sure to do a real good polish/paint correction/prep before the coating.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
To constantly wipe it down is a bad idea IMO. The soft material will become dull with all the micro scratches, and then even when clean it won’t have the gloss black look it’s supposed to

i’d recommend paint protection film, or a cermaic coating, once the plastic finish has been properly polished

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
The deck lid panel scratches if you stare at it to long. I just bought a blank deck lid panel from steeda, easier to replace than try to keep clean/scratch free. But, I’m slightly lazy & retired with mild OCD.