Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Nice video just watched it. Thanks for sharing!

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
He's got a great channel. It's 1/10 subscriptions I actually follow.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Excellent explanation. I appreciate you sharing it.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
E85 is more than a dollar cheaper than 93 octane here in Texas. It's wonderful to run in these upcoming hot summer months too. I get 15-16 mpg already with premium gas and E85 puts me at 12 MPG. Not really that significant but the power addition is great. Coyote engines love this stuff.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Coyote engines love this stuff.
Yes, which begs the question; why not flex fuel for the Mustang ? I mean FORD has almost everything else as flex. Even when the still produced cars.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
and E85 puts me at 12 MPG.
How TF are you only getting 12mpg? I get 16.5-17.5 through an auto..... You putting the beat down to her ALL the time or what?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How TF are you only getting 12mpg? I get 16.5-17.5 through an auto..... You putting the beat down to her ALL the time or what?
Mach 1 has a gas guzzler tax for a reason, lol. Even driving lightly, the thing just drinks gas. Probably has some to do with the gearing if I could guess. I don't do a lot of highway driving either so that's a big factor.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Mach 1 has a gas guzzler tax for a reason, lol. Even driving lightly, the thing just drinks gas. Probably has some to do with the gearing if I could guess. I don't do a lot of highway driving either so that's a big factor.
I think you’re beating the bags out of her more than you think. LOL. In other words, probably having more fun than I am. :)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yes, which begs the question; why not flex fuel for the Mustang ? I mean FORD has almost everything else as flex. Even when the still produced cars.
They've always promoted it as an "alternative fuel source" so the F-150 got it all those years making people feel better about drinking more fuel. I just think it's crazy that the fuel system is capable of supporting the E85 fuel no problem at all yet there's not a squeak from Ford about it. I guess they just figured they'll let the aftermarket do it so they can deny warranty claims. :cwl:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think you’re beating the bags out of her more than you think. LOL. In other words, probably having more fun than I am. :)
I promise, I'm not! I don't do burnouts or take over an intersection acting like a total sack of shit. I will get on it occasionally but take this morning for example. Full tank of E85. I drove 14 miles to work and my needle is almost down 1/8th already just driving in the city in not much traffic at all. Normal shifting, light driving. It's really thirsty. I can't wait to see how much fuel I'll use once I put in ESS supercharger one day.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I promise, I'm not! I don't do burnouts or take over an intersection acting like a total sack of shit. I will get on it occasionally but take this morning for example. Full tank of E85. I drove 14 miles to work and my needle is almost down 1/8th already just driving in the city in not much traffic at all. Normal shifting, light driving. It's really thirsty. I can't wait to see how much fuel I'll use once I put in ESS supercharger one day.
That's not even that bad on full e85. I'll barely get more tha that even running e54 (flex fuel bs). Track/fun days on e90 are a tad less than that too.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
True! Driving in the city with the manual Mach 1 I get like 12-13mpg. Driving on the highway with the speed limits, I get around 19.5mpg. Driving on country roads with the speed limits and no hard pulls for takeovers, I can get at best up to 23.5mpg.
Sponsored