Best U.S. President of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I quit looking at what people say a long time ago. I look at what they do. Trump has done more for the US globally financially and every other way that is important to me as conservative patriotic American.
^^^^And there you have it laddie!!!! Great, great answer @GreenS550.
Trump is doing good FOR America!!! Not this globalization bullshit like Obunghole did. Time to make America first instead of spending out monies for all these other countries. They never did it for the U.S.A., why should we continue to do for them?!?
Those days are over!!
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
There is only so much the media can do one way or the other. As a personality (policies excluded) Obama came across as a compassionate, generous man. Trump doesn't. This isn't media based, but words and deeds from their own mouths. I can understand that media manipulation can skew the opinion of somebody, but when the words come from the persons own mouth (or Twitter) then it leaves little room for interpretation. Some of the things Trump has denied have happened and then ultimately had to admit that they did suggest a lack of honesty (with himself as well as others)

His attitude to women is from the stone age - I feel for Melania with some of the things he has done and said, but she does seem to occasionally stand up to him in public when he really drops a clanger. She doesn't have to be married to him, but a Presidential divorce wouldn't be good for his ratings !

John McCain seemed to be a very well respected politician and yet Trump was not welcome at his funeral - it must mean something ? My understanding was that they disagreed on Trumps methods rather than policies and that he didn't respect Trump ?
What you really need to do is look at how Trump was liked and treated PRIOR to his decision to run for President on the Republican side.

You'll find he was universally loved by the media, other countries, Democrats (he's funded quite a few in his lifetime), women (even though everyone knew he was a womanizer), minorities, etc.

The hatred ONLY began after the decision to run for President. Coincidence? I think not.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I look at what Trump has got done basically fighting the D's and dragging the R's and wonder how much more he could be doing if anything remotely resembling bi-partisanship existed. People complain about him playing golf, but the guy only sleeps like 4 hours a night.

I do know that our family business was forecasting a recession in 2019/20 if Hilary had won, now it looks pretty damn good into late 2020 at least.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
There is only so much the media can do one way or the other. As a personality (policies excluded) Obama came across as a compassionate, generous man. Trump doesn't. This isn't media based, but words and deeds from their own mouths. I can understand that media manipulation can skew the opinion of somebody, but when the words come from the persons own mouth (or Twitter) then it leaves little room for interpretation. Some of the things Trump has denied have happened and then ultimately had to admit that they did suggest a lack of honesty (with himself as well as others)

His attitude to women is from the stone age - I feel for Melania with some of the things he has done and said, but she does seem to occasionally stand up to him in public when he really drops a clanger. She doesn't have to be married to him, but a Presidential divorce wouldn't be good for his ratings !

John McCain seemed to be a very well respected politician and yet Trump was not welcome at his funeral - it must mean something ? My understanding was that they disagreed on Trumps methods rather than policies and that he didn't respect Trump ?
Dont forget that Obama and his father so hated your folk that once he took office he shipped the gift of a bronze Churchill bust back to your country..

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I remember a speech by Reagan, I think it was his second term, when he was talking about how well things were going in America. One of the things he said that impressed me was thanking politicians he referred to as "Reagan Democrats", the Dems who were able to see past party lines and cast votes that were good for America rather than for their party. It seems like those days are over. I don't see any Trump Democrats, or Obama Republicans, or Bush Dems, etc.

I'm tired of looking at election ballots and trying to choose the lesser evil. Wish we could get some decent people running, people I could vote for and not feel like I needed a shower afterwards.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
The key to being a good president is being a successful governor of one the states of our nation..I think until that happens again it will be "divided we fall"..and fall to far

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I look at what Trump has got done basically fighting the D's and dragging the R's and wonder how much more he could be doing if anything remotely resembling bi-partisanship existed
This was tried and failed by the previous two Republican candidates.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There is only so much the media can do one way or the other. As a personality (policies excluded) Obama came across as a compassionate, generous man.
I wonder whether your media has given you the full picture or if you are paying attention.

As one of the "bitter clingers" I will disagree that Obama seemed compassionate or generous. He wanted to take guns away from people. He typically played the politics of division and said that most Americans were terrible (racist, greedy, etc.). He also talked over and over about stealing more money from those of us who worked hard and have been successful. He famously said "you didn't build that" about people who started businesses, made money and gave jobs to others. The politics of greed and envy. Obama never seemed compassionate at all to me.

I was also surprised at his ability to lie. I realize that all politicians lie, but Obama would baldly lie about extremely obvious things. You will be able to keep your doctor and insurance plan was a lie he repeated over 20 times. Along with saying that Obamacare would make insurance less expensive.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'll go Trump. Better than Regan, Bushs, and those are the ones I know as an adult.

Yes, I'm a Conservative.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Dont forget that Obama and his father so hated your folk that once he took office he shipped the gift of a bronze Churchill bust back to your country..
Well it was returned (originally on loan to George Bush) but not as an indication of hatred of the people of the UK. More likely something to do with Churchills colonial actions in places such as Kenya where Obama's grandfather was allegedly tortured by the British rulers.

Sponsored

Why

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Interesting to read about how other countries dislike Trump. When 60 or so of us sit around having lunch together on a job site, and the subject turns to politics, it is unanimous that we all think Trump is doing a great job!
Not one person liked obama at all, and we are all Canadians.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I love that pretty much everyone in this thread who has liked Trump, has then specifically had to callout that they disliked Obama in the same post. :crackup:

I don't have a favorite President as I've had issues with all of them so far I've been a part of. Bill Clinton was probably closest, did his best to balance the budget (only budget-surplus years since the 60s), has had the lowest addition to the national debt over the last 20 years, and passed bills trying to strengthen the middle class and take away from the hyper rich (no, just because you make over $150k and are reading this doesn't mean you were/are affected or are included). But... he had the GLBA which was a causal factor in the 2008 crash.

George W. Bush was my least favorite, primarily due to the idiotic wars and his numerous contributions to the 2008 crash. Enough said. Trump is a close second, if not for anything but giving Americans a bad name. Personal issues aside (of which there are numerous), his statements regarding the Charlottesville rally were as bad as Obama's regarding Trayvon Brown's shooting in terms of causing divide. Then his odd assertions against Canada instead of Russia, his tariffs causing grief to our auto companies and having to fund our farmers directly, rolling back the regulations put in place after the 2008 crash, and his tax cut/military spending increase (a GOP classic!) is obnoxious as well.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Trump doesn't act like other politicians because he isn't one. Some people don't understand that. That said, if I could I'd take his Twitter account away. Had Trump kept his mouth shut and just did the job it would have went much better for him. He's had to play against the media (who have been after him from the beginning). Trump is making changes that a person who was worried about their political future wouldn't have the guts to do. We have been overdue for some of that in America. I'd like to think the door has been opened to a more varied field running for office and hope it shakes things up. Gosh, if we could get term limits in Congress it would help us immensely. People are spending their whole careers in Washington playing games and being deceitful just to keep their job.

Why

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I love that pretty much everyone in this thread who has liked Trump, has then specifically had to callout that they disliked Obama in the same post. :crackup:

I don't have a favorite President as I've had issues with all of them so far I've been a part of. Bill Clinton was probably closest, did his best to balance the budget (only budget-surplus years since the 60s), has had the lowest addition to the national debt over the last 20 years, and passed bills trying to strengthen the middle class and take away from the hyper rich (no, just because you make over $150k and are reading this doesn't mean you were/are affected or are included). But... he had the GLBA which was a causal factor in the 2008 crash.

George W. Bush was my least favorite, primarily due to the idiotic wars and his numerous contributions to the 2008 crash. Enough said. Trump is a close second, if not for anything but giving Americans a bad name. Personal issues aside (of which there are numerous), his statements regarding the Charlottesville rally were as bad as Obama's regarding Trayvon Brown's shooting in terms of causing divide. Then his odd assertions against Canada instead of Russia, his tariffs causing grief to our auto companies and having to fund our farmers directly, rolling back the regulations put in place after the 2008 crash, and his tax cut/military spending increase (a GOP classic!) is obnoxious as well.
Probably because he was so corrupt, lied so much, and so disliked, people want to also add that tidbit to their response.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Probably because he was so corrupt, lied so much, and so disliked, people want to also add that tidbit to their response.
Is that describing Trump or Obama? Because it only pertains to one of them in reality.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.