Best U.S. President of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well I've heard it all now. The "he's so smart he sounds stupid" defense.

Nice one Centurian, like it, like it.
Let me help you to understand. It's relatively simple if you think about it. Try to follow along.

IQ tests are typically administered with questions in written form that the person being examined will answer by thinking and then writing. Yes, the people who came up with IQ tests seem to have a somewhat poor understanding of the complexity of human intelligence. There are no mechanical puzzles where the person being examined has to disassemble/repair/reassemble something. There are no verbal puzzles where the person has to make a snappy comeback in a split second. There are no ethical or emotional intelligence tests either. Obviously being witty verbally and being able to fix almost anything require high brain power, but those are among the many things that are completely ignored by a traditional IQ test.

Most people in the world are aware that many of these areas of intellect can be independent of each other. For instance, someone can be a genius with hands on work or with speaking but have difficulty reading and understanding the written word. So - after this explanation - do you start to understand what is being explained to you?

If someone were really trying to measure human intelligence accurately and thoroughly, they would obviously not try to use a single number. The way to do it is to form a number of categories and score each one. IMO I would do poorly in any measure of spoken intelligence, but using the written word I think I do ok - and a well-designed IQ test should really differentiate between the two.

But we don't live in that world. So right now when you see an IQ score for someone it should be obvious to you what things are measured and what things are not.

Does that help you to understand?
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
What I understand is this. You’re bending over backwards to blow smoke up the ass of the dumbest, most racist, and dishonest President that the US has ever had.

Last edited:

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You seriously believe in Manifest Destiny? A yes or no will be fine.

Canada has independently defended itself... against the US. We're not a military superpower and don't intend on becoming one. The relationship between the two countries has been mutually beneficial but Trump has framed it as though Canada has a large upper hand. I don't see it.

By not caring how you present yourself on the world stage will mean you have less influence on it.
You obviously don't seem to understand history very well. You are obviously referring to the War of 1812. The United states did not attack Canada because we really wanted Canada. Canada didn't even EXIST as a nation until 1867. It was a loosely governed chunk of land. We weren't fighting Canadians. We were fighting the British, because they were abducting American merchant sailors, and forcing them to serve on British ships. That's called kidnapping and slave labor. Not gonna happen.

Canada has the worlds largest shoreline, and only 7,000 sailors to defend it. It has the worlds 2nd largest land mass, and only 70,000 soldiers to defend it. Canada exists because of Alaska as a buffer, the USA to the south, and US Navy to patrol the ocean. Canada is completely surrounded by the US defense umbrella. The entire Canadian military with exception to a few Frigates and Army tanks is supplied at a discount by the United States in order to try and defend the north. Millions of Canadians come down every year for the winter, so what's the point of a border that only makes commerce more difficult? Almost 50% of all major manufacturing and corporate infrastructure is owned by the United States. So, what do the Canadians do? They lease and farm out the north shore to the Chinese communists and Russians to mine rare earth minerals and oil , only to sell it all back to us at a premium. Your government is chock full of complete morons, who are incompetent beyond anything I've ever seen in history. They're so dang worried about LGBT rights, and a failing healthcare system, all while they're selling off their resources to potential enemies and flooding their country with foreigners who are not assimilating. Your literally giving away your country and eliminating your own culture. Add to that, your gov't feeds terrorists, all while slapping your own veterans in the face with no concern for their well being. The US ceratinly isn't perfect when it comes to Veterans benefits, but we at least do our best. The way the Canadian government treats their veterans, is an absolute disgrace. To put it simply...

A nation that cannot defend itself is not a sovereign nation. It hasn't been for about 70 years.The only reason Canada still exists, is because of the United States. Your entire sense of sovereignty is a complete facade, and you don't even realize it. You've all been living a complete lie for decades, and it's time you all wake up and realize that. With all the garbage going on up there, you don't deserve your own country.

Last edited:

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
What I understand is this. You’re bending over backwards to blow smoke up the ass of the dumbest, most racist, and dishonest President that the US has ever had.
I understand your argument for him being dumb based on some of his public speaking. However, can you explain why you believe he is racist? It's easy to throw that word around but all it does is cheapen the meaning of it when you use it improperly.

PS - The core of Americans don't care if other countries think Trump is "an international laughing stock." We enjoy winning at every turn and are getting the last laugh.

I don't know that he is the best president ever, I'm not old enough to really compare that many presidents but I can tell you that Trump is definitely up there. The numbers don't lie, he's accomplished a ton in less than 2 years. It's refreshing to have politician say they're gonna do something and then follow through with it.

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I understand your argument for him being dumb based on some of his public speaking. However, can you explain why you believe he is racist? It's easy to throw that word around but all it does is cheapen the meaning of it when you use it improperly...
You do understand that everyone can read what you said, right? It's not just me reading the crap that you post. You sure you want to paint all Texans color-me-stupid?

The most obvious thing apparent is what you left out. No comment from you at all regarding Trump's dishonesty. He's as dodgy as a five day old burrito.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
You do understand that everyone can read what you said, right? It's not just me reading the crap that you post. You sure you want to paint all Texans color-me-stupid?

The most obvious thing apparent is what you left out. No comment from you at all regarding Trump's dishonesty. He's as dodgy as a five day old burrito.
Go ahead, prove how stupid I am. You can start with how he is racist, like I asked.

PS - how’s the economy in Oz? Because it’s awesome over here in the land of the free.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Thanks for teeing this one up so well.

Our economy has performed better than America's for decades, thanks for asking.

Enjoy this read: https://www.worldfinance.com/special-reports/recession-proof-australia
That was a legit question. I don’t keep up with y’all like you seem to keep up with America. Must be something about being the greatest country in the world. Im pretty stoked that our economy is doing so well now thanks to The Donald.

Speaking of Trump, how is he racist again? You keep dodging it. Again, when you use meaningful words improperly, you diminish their value.

I’ll just leave this here for you too....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Last edited:

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
You've asked me nicely three times now, you deserve a well crafted response:

http://bfy.tw/KLEO
Typical libtard. See when you make an accusation, it is on YOU to back it up.

“You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.”

So for the 4th time, show some real proof he’s racist or shut up about it. Slandering isn’t acceptable, even if you have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

HiHoSilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Silver/black cloth/auto/355/foundry wheels
I agree... Pres. Ron ..then Pres. Don
In my lifetime, --- Franklin Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower with Harry Truman a distant third. All the rest not on the same page.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
All the statements you are making are demonstrably incorrect. Trying to reset a debate you've already lost? Want to change topics?

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
You obviously don't seem to understand history very well. You are obviously referring to the War of 1812. The United states did not attack Canada because we really wanted Canada. Canada didn't even EXIST as a nation until 1867. It was a loosely governed chunk of land. We weren't fighting Canadians. We were fighting the British, because they were abducting American merchant sailors, and forcing them to serve on British ships. That's called kidnapping and slave labor. Not gonna happen.

Canada has the worlds largest shoreline, and only 7,000 sailors to defend it. It has the worlds 2nd largest land mass, and only 70,000 soldiers to defend it. Canada exists because of Alaska as a buffer, the USA to the south, and US Navy to patrol the ocean. Canada is completely surrounded by the US defense umbrella. The entire Canadian military with exception to a few Frigates and Army tanks is supplied at a discount by the United States in order to try and defend the north. Millions of Canadians come down every year for the winter, so what's the point of a border that only makes commerce more difficult? Almost 50% of all major manufacturing and corporate infrastructure is owned by the United States. So, what do the Canadians do? They lease and farm out the north shore to the Chinese communists and Russians to mine rare earth minerals and oil , only to sell it all back to us at a premium. Your government is chock full of complete morons, who are incompetent beyond anything I've ever seen in history. They're so dang worried about LGBT rights, and a failing healthcare system, all while they're selling off their resources to potential enemies and flooding their country with foreigners who are not assimilating. Your literally giving away your country and eliminating your own culture. Add to that, your gov't feeds terrorists, all while slapping your own veterans in the face with no concern for their well being. The US ceratinly isn't perfect when it comes to Veterans benefits, but we at least do our best. The way the Canadian government treats their veterans, is an absolute disgrace. To put it simply...

A nation that cannot defend itself is not a sovereign nation. It hasn't been for about 70 years.The only reason Canada still exists, is because of the United States. Your entire sense of sovereignty is a complete facade, and you don't even realize it. You've all been living a complete lie for decades, and it's time you all wake up and realize that. With all the garbage going on up there, you don't deserve your own country.
You're implying the US wouldn't stand for slave labour?

I'm not a big fan of the Canadian governments efforts to appease everyone either. I'll assume you think I'm on one side of the fence but I try to keep an open mind and don't just vote for the same party every election. But I always vote.

It has seemed for quite some time the US has been proud to be the military superpower. With that comes added fiscal responsibility. If you want to remove the "US defense umbrella" it only makes the US military weaker. You realize we have ten times less people in Canada. We will never have a similar military.

I weighed in on this thread to ask another Canadian why he liked Donald Trump, from a Canadian point of view. You took that as an invitation to bash Canada. Please see below for all that is wrong with the US. And you know Afghanistan is considered a sovereign nation.

1. Obesity
2. Kentucky
3. Gun violence. Yes this is a problem. Arm toddlers for all I care just deal with it.
4. Health Care. First world countries provide education and health care for their citizens.
5. Beer
6. Slavery/Segregation. It may not exist in it's original form but you're still dealing with it in other forms. See Charlottesville VA.

Canada has it's problems but so does the US.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.