Sponsored

Best twin turbo company

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
Anyone here thats had experience with some of the turbo companies out there, who makes the best kit for the 2018 and up? Ive looked at Hellion, and it seems like a great kit for the most part, the price is pretty good too. However, i have seen a lot of talks about back pressure issues with their kits? Also not a fan of the stock manifolds and re-using another manifold from an older car.

Aldowelds kit has been doing serious work, and speaking to Lund who has done the tuning said that its a great kit. The price point is a little higher, but for what it is doing i think its fine. My only problem with this kit was that there wasnt a clear list of the parts used in the kit.

Just seen something on Armageddon and their kit looks like they use new parts for the entire kit. Really good looking manifolds as well, but seems that the few people ive seen with experience with this kit are not huge fans for whatever reason.

Another one people are probably going to mention is the ON3, and i have no interest at all in it. Too many cheap / failed stories on that one.
Sponsored

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone here thats had experience with some of the turbo companies out there, who makes the best kit for the 2018 and up? Ive looked at Hellion, and it seems like a great kit for the most part, the price is pretty good too. However, i have seen a lot of talks about back pressure issues with their kits? Also not a fan of the stock manifolds and re-using another manifold from an older car.

Aldowelds kit has been doing serious work, and speaking to Lund who has done the tuning said that its a great kit. The price point is a little higher, but for what it is doing i think its fine. My only problem with this kit was that there wasnt a clear list of the parts used in the kit.

Just seen something on Armageddon and their kit looks like they use new parts for the entire kit. Really good looking manifolds as well, but seems that the few people ive seen with experience with this kit are not huge fans for whatever reason.

Another one people are probably going to mention is the ON3, and i have no interest at all in it. Too many cheap / failed stories on that one.
Hello.

Thank you for taking an interest in our systems.

We want to be a good source of info and help in your decision. We use the factory header on the passenger side mostly for ease of installation and repeatable performance. We have made over 1400 rwhp with them, and there are hundreds of kits out there that are making over 700 rwhp with perfect looking dyno graphs and no issues at all.

We keep the kits in stock and are here to give 100 percent customer support before, and after the sale.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Hellion

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
I think you will find that most people consider the "best" as whatever they bought, lol. IMO, the best TT setup is from HPP. There are plenty of quality kits out there but not many companies that have the experience of HPP.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
There really aren't many "turbo companies" out there. There are alot of speed shops that offer a turbo kit for an application or 2, and they all spawn up everytime a new model comes up , and then dissapear a year or 2 later.

Hellion is a Turbo company, thats all they do is Turbo Kits, and offer for a multitude of makes and models. If you have an issue in 6 months, a year, 2 years, they will still be here. We specialize in power adders and if your wanting a turbo, thatas what we would recommend, Let me know if I can help with a kit or any questions you have.

Feel free to give me a ring and bend my ear. 513-478-1965

Here is one of those stock manifold , high back pressure, hellion kits we just installed last month!!

Only 1100+ wheel...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hellion twins for the win!!!!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Hellion is my recommendation. Huge fan of their customer service and involvement in the Mustang community. Oh, and their turbo kit lol.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
A lot of shameless plugs here by people that have skin in the game. If you make money off the sale of a specific kit, your opinion holds no weight.
i beg to disagree, this is what we do for a living, and what we specialize in, and our job isn't just to make money, it's to take care of customers and make sure customers get what they pay for.

Take for example Joe G. on here, that purchased a kit by one of these "awesome" new "turbo companies". well, 1 year, 8 months later, he still doesn't have the correct turbo's, we've had to replace several items on the kit he got, and he's out thousand and thousands of $$$. AND, no car to drive yet....

then look at heinz, who purchased a hellion kit from us, 3 weeks later, we had everything that was ordered, in stock, and 2 weeks later, car is complete, and on the road........

yes, were in business to make money, but we prefer our customers to have an experience like heinz, not joe.. it's not just about the $$$

we have experience, and have dealt with all these different companies over the year, so imo....our opinion means more

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Last edited:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
lol , ...Dude, we are all going to chalk that up to drinkn while posting.
Not sure if Terry had maybe a 99 something Stang? before the lightning? ...before running 145 in the 2011, lol, and street driving the car to/from track.
Anyway, we are talking 1 to 2 decades of contributing to pushing the limits for the Mustang community.
Tearing up shit aint cheap, and to turn around and share knowledge is pretty highly regarded.

Not sure whose word you would take, but Jason Micallef and the Hypermotive crew, as well as everyone on this forum would consider Terry to be huge asset to the community. He's answered technical questions for me over the phone without me buying a thing and saved me and countless others from expensive mistakes.
When it comes to reliable and consistent solutions, Terry is kind of the gold standard.
When it comes to honesty in life and business Terry has proven himself over and over.
He's more like a living, breathing part of Americana.

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/january-2011-car-of-the-month-beefcake.50670/

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have been trying to determine the same thing and it basically depends. All of the kits have positives and negatives. The big positive for hellion is the kit can be delivered in a short time. A very reportable tuner had very negative things to say about the fitment of the HPP kit. I have heard good things about the ON3 kit and the price is great. People are flying with the LPF kit but the durability of the COMP turbo is questionable. The Armageddon kit looks killer but the price is up there and the delivery time seems to be extensive. Another option soon to be available is the single from CG Fabrications. Good luck with the purchase.
Sponsored