Best tuner to get for a good E85 tune?

Arrbjorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2010 F150 KR
I just picked up my first Mustang. I have plenty of plans for power upgrades in the future, but right now I'd like to get a good E85 tune on it. I searched around on the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer on which one I should pick up that has all the right features etc. to get there.

Car is a 2019 GT/CS
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Lund, PBD, AED, Wenger, OZ tuning seem to be the consensus. If you don't have a device & want for e85/93 be prepared to pay close to a grand.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I just picked up my first Mustang. I have plenty of plans for power upgrades in the future, but right now I'd like to get a good E85 tune on it. I searched around on the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer on which one I should pick up that has all the right features etc. to get there.

Car is a 2019 GT/CS
I would go with Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, or OZ for E85 tuning. We have HP MPVI2+ devices in stock and ready to ship here from www.lethalperformance.com! Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-2019-ford-mustang-gt-coyote/custom-tunes-2-1

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
AED

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I would go with Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, or OZ for E85 tuning. We have HP MPVI2+ devices in stock and ready to ship here from www.lethalperformance.com! Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-2019-ford-mustang-gt-coyote/custom-tunes-2-1
Will the big name tuners support the MPVI2? I thought they were only supporting the RTD. Maybe I’m mistaken or I misunderstand how it all works between the two devices. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Arrbjorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Will the big name tuners support the MPVI2? I thought they were only supporting the RTD. Maybe I’m mistaken or I misunderstand how it all works between the two devices. Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken, the MPVI2 is the advanced version of the RTD, or something like that. I'm sure Andrew has a better answer.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
If I'm not mistaken, the MPVI2 is the advanced version of the RTD, or something like that. I'm sure Andrew has a better answer.
The reason I ask is that Lund’s site specifically says it supports the RTD and LR nGauge only, but the Lethal site gives an option to buy an MPVI2 when buying a Lund tune.

OP
OP

Arrbjorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
The reason I ask is that Lund’s site specifically says it supports the RTD and LR nGauge only, but the Lethal site gives an option to buy an MPVI2 when buying a Lund tune.
That's odd, I thought the nGauge didn't support RTD tunes at all and had been discontinued by LR.

Hopefully Andrew has all the answers lol.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Why does PBD do a Flex tune and Lund does not?

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Why does PBD do a Flex tune and Lund does not?
Idk how much things have changed, but when I had a Lund tune a flex tune was part of the tune. Until you boost, then I believe no one offers a flex tune.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Idk how much things have changed, but when I had a Lund tune a flex tune was part of the tune. Until you boost, then I believe no one offers a flex tune.
Lund told me they do not offer Flex on 21+
Maybe new computers onboard?
Funny thing is when I called Lethal they said sure you can get a Flex fuel Lund tune.
Lots of confusion.
I know others that have a PBD Flex on 21+ , none on Lund Flex

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Lund told me they do not offer Flex on 21+
Maybe new computers onboard?
Funny thing is when I called Lethal they said sure you can get a Flex fuel Lund tune.
Lots of confusion.
I know others that have a PBD Flex on 21+ , none on Lund Flex
Well that is pretty crappy for how much it costs to get a tune. I was out looking for one & being I don't have a device all 3 of the top tuners rounded up at about almost $1k. Not worth it imo for the time being. I can see how headers, exhausts ,& others parts have almost doubled in price in the last few years due to the price of metals & other factors. But the price of tunes have also increases by a lot & for no reasonable reason.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Both Lund and PBD will tune on an MPVi2+ as long as you're using the TDN app. PBD will also tune on SCT devices.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!