Best tuner to get for a good E85 tune?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
AED does for sure support SCT. Sean is a wizard on our platform. PBD may too but not sure. Many do not anymore.
It’s too bad, because SCT logging is 10X better than any others. I’ll hever give up my SCT. Rob and Shaun still calibrate SCT cars. VMP will as well.
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Do these tuners support the SCT BDX device? Or would I have to order a new HP tuners device? :(
Other than the replies below yours, I did not know this. I guess I'll be on the look out for I one in the future. I just know I seen a post where they say Lund does not support Ngauge for 21+ which is what I was looking for.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Do these tuners support the SCT BDX device? Or would I have to order a new HP tuners device? :(
Lund only tunes on HP Tuners. PBD as well as a few of the others tune on HP Tuners and SCT. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
I have a few questions as well. I have an SCT livewire for my F150.

1. My truck has the stock tune on at the moment and the device says its unmarried. Can I marry it to my GT to tune it?

2. I have the Ford Performance kit (throttle body, CAI, tune) Can tuners account for that in there tunes?

3. Will my Ford Performance tune be saved to the device and would I be able to switch between the two?

4. What tuners will tune with the livewire? I assume they would email it to me?

Thanks in advance

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

1. My truck has the stock tune on at the moment and the device says its unmarried. Can I marry it to my GT to tune it?

2. I have the Ford Performance kit (throttle body, CAI, tune) Can tuners account for that in there tunes?

3. Will my Ford Performance tune be saved to the device and would I be able to switch between the two?

Thanks in advance
Shoot VMP/PBD/AED an email and ask. If your FP calibration is saved on the tuner, and you have the option to return to stock, then you should be able to load an additional tune file while your FP tune sits on the sidelines.

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple

Thanks in advance

Hi there.

With an unmarried device, you'd be fine to use it on your GT. With that being said, what's the exact model year of your GT?

Regarding the secondary question on your FP package - yes, tuners can absolutely account for this and build you a custom tune. PBD would be the tuning company we would recommend with the SCT device (assuming 15-17 GT) and we'd love to earn your business for this.

The SCT saves a stock tune to it and since your vehicle has the FP reflash, it would be saved as the stock and be able to be recalled at any time.

I'm checking with PBD if they can still use the livewire. I'll report back soon.

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
Hi there.

With an unmarried device, you'd be fine to use it on your GT. With that being said, what's the exact model year of your GT?

Regarding the secondary question on your FP package - yes, tuners can absolutely account for this and build you a custom tune. PBD would be the tuning company we would recommend with the SCT device (assuming 15-17 GT) and we'd love to earn your business for this.

The SCT saves a stock tune to it and since your vehicle has the FP reflash, it would be saved as the stock and be able to be recalled at any time.

I'm checking with PBD if they can still use the livewire. I'll report back soon.
Sounds good. I have a 2019.

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Wengerd Performance - smaller, less known tuner. But is just as good, if not better than the larger, well known tuners out there. I was previously tuned by Lund, and now tuned by Wengerd Performance, and I am very happy with the car.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
On a 18+ you'll want to go with a HPt device like the RTD or MPVI2+. We carry both.. I'd recommend selling the SCT in this case.
God RTD sucks though. :(

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
God RTD sucks though. :(
I used one on my 2020 GT500 and it worked great. It's obviously not an Ngauge that displays data but flashing and datalogging with it worked very well for me.

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
Wengerd Performance - smaller, less known tuner. But is just as good, if not better than the larger, well known tuners out there. I was previously tuned by Lund, and now tuned by Wengerd Performance, and I am very happy with the car.
Wondering if they tune with SCT devices?

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I will throw my hat in this ring, my 2015 was tuned by Lund and I loved it. E85 with simple bolt ons. Car was tons of fun. I traded up to a 2020. The car had the SCT with VMP tunes. (93 tune and 100 tune) I will be honest the car felt super slow, tried to boostane route and it just didn't feel right. I ordered a tune from Juggernaut since Lund won't touch the SCT's. After several revisions as well as prep for the headers going on next week the car feels completely different in the best way. I had never heard of Juggernaut Performance before but Beefcake Racing said with the SCT try it or buy a new tuning device. I have been very happy so far. My headers go on next week and I am excited to get with Finish Line Performance to see where the car is dialed in at. Just my two cents. I am not knocking VMP, they had a setup with the car prior to me maybe it ran better or some mods were removed, regardless I am happy how the car feels now.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Call the Tuna at AED. Shawn will spend the time with you on the phone personally to get the car right