Sponsored

Best tint for taillights?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
With tail light tint how is the brightness with lights on and brake lights? I like to do this but don’t want them too dim.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
With tail light tint how is the brightness with lights on and brake lights? I like to do this but don’t want them too dim.

thread is over a year old but regardless, with the tint decals there will be a noticeable drop in brightness. IMO not worth it. But to each his own.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
If you do the lightest from Big worm (tint) it's very light and looks great without any notable dimming of the lights. I have the full kit in the "tint" shade (although earlier in this thread I said gunsmoke) and you really don't really even notice they are tinted unless I tell people and they see a before/after. Just right IMO. Left is tint, right is not. Lights are off.
20190812_135120.jpg

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Headlight in "tint". You can see how visible even the daytime lights are through the tint, headlights and running lights come through just as well.
20190812_140508.jpg

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I usually have to post this about once a year on here as somebody always wants to argue tinted tail lights. Illinois law saws nothing about tint for brake lights and only states that brake lights must be visible from a distance of 500 feet. At noon on an overcast day I measured out 522 feet and you can compared my lights on versus off with tint from Anchor Room.
522-Feet.jpg
Lights-Off.jpg
Lights-On.jpg
Sponsored