Sponsored

Best Supercharger for GT - Price/Performance/Warranty

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I've had my new 2015 GT Premium with PP for about two weeks now. I am always looking for the most performance at the lowest cost. I think it is way too early to void my warranty with a supercharger, but I like to play with options. So what are the best supercharger options for price versus performance and warranty?

Here's the list I've been compiling of 2015 supercharger kits (kits include a tune, intercooler, higher-flow fuel injectors, supercharger, and some other options) without install:

1. $6270 Vortech V3 Si 640-4FQ218-068L on 8.5psi making 640 HP at the flywheel
http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/20mupasu1.html

2. $6795 Roush R2300 (421823) on 9psi making 627 HP at the flywheel
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-r2300-phase-1-supercharger-15gt.html
http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/manuals/421823-5L-Phase1-ROUSHCHARGER-kit.pdf

3. $7200 Whipple W175FFAX Twin-Screw on 10.5psi making 758 HP at the flywheel
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/2015-Mustang-GT-50L-Whipple-Supercharger-Kit.html

4. $5703 Procharger HO kit on 8psi making 546 RWHP
http://www.dallasmustang.com/2015-mustang-gt-ati-procharger-ho-supercharger-kit.html

5. $6999 VMP 2.3L TVS Stage 2 kit on 8-10psi making 500-600 RWHP
http://vmptuning.com/50l-superchargers/stage250gen2/

Others? Best warranty on engine/drivetrain? Least modifications/easiest install?

Price per horsepower is something I like to consider when adding bolt-ons. I think the best price is around $20/HP when you add a custom tuner ($400 for 20HP). These superchargers are more in the range of $30/HP - $40/HP after installation. Other bolt-ons are in the range of $35/HP - $80/HP, but have an initial cost less than a supercharger so are more popular. Although Nitrous seems inexpensive for a few uses, it can cost the most of any option if you use it for a very long period of time as the cost of the refills add up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Paxton will probably be the cheapest and give you number close to vortech

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
It all depends on what you what and what your plans are. Give us a shout if you have any questions or need any help getting setup!

Anyone of those kits are going to put a smile on your face!

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Gotta say I've always thought these things were way overpriced in terms of what they are (actual materials). Yes, I know the end result, relatively speaking, is a good bang for the buck in terms of power output, and I think the manufacturers just take advantage of that. Because if you stop and think about what a supercharger physically is, and what it's comprised of, it might leave you scratching your head as to how they come up with those prices. Vortech for example...SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. lol....not including install.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You need to hit us up for some of our specials on the vortech, Paxton and procharger

We have the best pricing available and our custom packages are quite a bit less than what you see out there

We specialize in coyote super charging and are vortech and paxton s largest auto dealer in the world

Once the kits are released here soon, not brackets and parts from the 11 to 14 kits made to fit, but actual production kits, you will be very happy with our offerings

We run the coyote super charging game!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang_Owner

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I agree that the prices should be either much lower or they should give you a full warranty on your engine/drive-train for the $7000 they charge. I've been looking at supercharger kit pricing for a while and recall about 8 years ago when $3500 - $4000 was the going rate (without intercooler). It's also interesting that Ford will sell a supercharged Mustang that was modified from a performance shop with full 3-year/36,000 mile warranty, but if you get the same performance shop to supercharge your new mustang and use the same parts, you don't get the same bumper-to-bumper warranty. For example, the Q450 Enforcer and ultimate Q650 StreetFighter come with bumper-to-bumper, but add those same parts using the same shop to your brand new GT and you don't get the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

OP
OP
Mustang_Owner

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I noticed the turbochargers have the option to manually increase/decrease boost pressure:

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/news/how-a-boost-controller-works

Can I use a similar boost pressure regulator (like this one below) with any of the superchargers listed:

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/1075-Supercharger-Boost-Controller-Gen-2.aspx

I would think the supercharger would be given a pulley that equates to 12 - 16 psi boost, then a boost bypass valve is attached somewhere on the SC output to bleed off x psi of pressure to regulate the pressure to a safe and constant 7-8 psi. However, with the turning of a knob, you can get a higher boost pressure as needed. This option sounds great, but brings up these questions:

1. How accurate is the pressure regulated (feedback pressure sensor?)?
2. Is the SC running inefficiently because 99% of the time, it is making more boost that will ever be used possibly leading to more fuel/hotter temps/wear and tear on the SC?
3.What is the max psi allowed before a 25% chance of engine/powertrain damage happens during an acceleration (high RPM) time of 15 seconds?
4. Does the tuning of the engine need to be changed in real-time as you change the boost pressure? If so, how is the boost pressure knob telling the ECU the new settings it requires?

Just seems kinda nice to pull up to an exotic sports car, turn up the boost knob, and smoke them in your daily driver :)

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I noticed the turbochargers have the option to manually increase/decrease boost pressure:

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/news/how-a-boost-controller-works

Can I use a similar boost pressure regulator (like this one below) with any of the superchargers listed:

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/1075-Supercharger-Boost-Controller-Gen-2.aspx

I would think the supercharger would be given a pulley that equates to 12 - 16 psi boost, then a boost bypass valve is attached somewhere on the SC output to bleed off x psi of pressure to regulate the pressure to a safe and constant 7-8 psi. However, with the turning of a knob, you can get a higher boost pressure as needed. This option sounds great, but brings up these questions:

1. How accurate is the pressure regulated (feedback pressure sensor?)?
2. Is the SC running inefficiently because 99% of the time, it is making more boost that will ever be used possibly leading to more fuel/hotter temps/wear and tear on the SC?
3.What is the max psi allowed before a 25% chance of engine/powertrain damage happens during an acceleration (high RPM) time of 15 seconds?
4. Does the tuning of the engine need to be changed in real-time as you change the boost pressure? If so, how is the boost pressure knob telling the ECU the new settings it requires?

Just seems kinda nice to pull up to an exotic sports car, turn up the boost knob, and smoke them in your daily driver :)

You are talking about running a wastegate with a centri blower. It's been used by quite a few of the serious racers(Beefcake included IIRC) and it's used to increase midrange power and torque while maintaining the same peak HP because the peak boost stays the same.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Im personally waiting to see what FRPP comes up with its Whipple systems. Thats the only system i would consider for my car aside from the Roush.

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
nitrous

Cheap horse power is nitrous. Install yourself

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Im personally waiting to see what FRPP comes up with its Whipple systems. Thats the only system i would consider for my car aside from the Roush.

FRPP is using the TVS system this year, I don't think they'll be using Whipple, at least for 2015.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The best price per horsepower u listed is the procharger. U can find it for 5329.00 on other sites. Although u will have more room to grow with the other kits.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Chargedguard,

OT, but what improvements are you seeing with the Eibach Pro's?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
The best price per horsepower u listed is the procharger. U can find it for 5329.00 on other sites. Although u will have more room to grow with the other kits.
I agree and this one has one of the easiest installs. I got my procharger for less than $5329

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Right now our lowest price kits are the procharger. The Paxton vortech will be once they are released

We can help you with any of them. Feel free to hit us up if you're looking
Sponsored