Best street tire for supercharger

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I've been doing some research on what rear tire to go with next. I've got a Paxton supercharger that is probably putting down 625-650 WHP or so (haven't dyno'd but will at some point). The current rear tires I have are the 285/35/19 Continental ExtremeContact DW and they hold up okay unless I am giving it WOT in first or second gear. Sometimes second gear won't spin too crazy if I ease into the throttle on a grippy road, but that's only sometimes. I'd like a tire that will hook in 2nd gear without issue - I realize asking this out of 1st gear is a stretch. The car is my DD and is generally a fun street car. As far as wheel sizing goes, I'm thinking I'll order a pair of 19x11 M350's to complement what I already have.

Part of me wants to go with a 325/30/19 street tire like the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport but the other part of me wants to go with an R compound in the rear, like the Nitto NT05R in a 305/35/19. For those of you that have had experience with a 325 street tire vs a slightly smaller R compound, what would be the better choice for grip on the street?
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I've been doing some research on what rear tire to go with next. I've got a Paxton supercharger that is probably putting down 625-650 WHP or so (haven't dyno'd but will at some point). The current rear tires I have are the 285/35/19 Continental ExtremeContact DW and they hold up okay unless I am giving it WOT in first or second gear. Sometimes second gear won't spin too crazy if I ease into the throttle on a grippy road, but that's only sometimes. I'd like a tire that will hook in 2nd gear without issue - I realize asking this out of 1st gear is a stretch. The car is my DD and is generally a fun street car. As far as wheel sizing goes, I'm thinking I'll order a pair of 19x11 M350's to complement what I already have.

Part of me wants to go with a 325/30/19 street tire like the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport but the other part of me wants to go with an R compound in the rear, like the Nitto NT05R in a 305/35/19. For those of you that have had experience with a 325 street tire vs a slightly smaller R compound, what would be the better choice for grip on the street?
In essence its not about the widest contact patch at this point its going to be about what tire will work best for the dig.

You could easily go with a 325/30/19 R888 if you want and or 305/35/19 NT05R for a drag radial. The drag radial would help the most when it comes to off the line and second gear.

The R888 will help all around in essence its a DOT track tire.

Let me know if I can help out with the rear wheels and if you need the rubber.