Sponsored

Best starting EB suspension upgrades for $200 budget?

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Currently FBO and have the Vargas twin scroll on order. Not sure what the ideal direction is for starting suspension mods. I have a small budget, $200, to start with and am just hoping to put the increased power to the pavement. I've looked at everything from steedas bushing supports to BMRs cradle lockout. Any suggestions are very much appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Steeda Differential bushings are a good investment.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Honestly I did vertical links first then the BMR CB005. If I had to do it again I would go in opposite order.

OP
OP
priestblack

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Steeda Differential bushings are a good investment.
Looks like those run jus under $100 leaving me with a bit more to pick something else up.
The Bmr cradle lockout is $150 so that would take up the majority of my budget. Which directions seems to be the best stand alone mods without a lot of money invested supporting them?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I would start with the BM005. Huge difference in stability and reducing wheel hop. Feels fully planted.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda currently has 15% off during our New Years Sale! The bushings are a great first choice, then adding the supporting Steeda mods down the road is a great route.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-differential-bushing-insert-system-urethane-2015-all-555-4439.html

Product Benefits
  • Limits IRS differential movement while increasing traction and eliminating wheel hop
  • Little to no increase in NVH unlike the competition
  • Easily removable, not a permanent modification
  • 100% designed, manufactured and made in the USA
  • Installs in 1 hour or less

Add the Steeda jacking rails which will help when doing continuous work on the car!

Send me an email at tim@Steeda. com if I can help answer any questions, there are plenty of customer testimonials on the the subject!

Best Regards,

TJ

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Steeda currently has 15% off during our New Years Sale! The bushings are a great first choice, then adding the supporting Steeda mods down the road is a great route.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-differential-bushing-insert-system-urethane-2015-all-555-4439.html

Product Benefits
  • Limits IRS differential movement while increasing traction and eliminating wheel hop

Add the Steeda jacking rails which will help when doing continuous work on the car!

Send me an email at tim@Steeda. com if I can help answer any questions, there are plenty of customer testimonials on the the subject!

Best Regards,

TJ
That looks to be the link for the GT unless it doesn't matter either way.

OP
OP
priestblack

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special

Product Benefits

Best Regards,

TJ
Who doesn't like discounts?! Is there a coupon code for that?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Would defiantly do the BMR cradle lock out, steeda diff bushings and some type of vertical links, yes i know this is more than 200 but worth it to just do all at once.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Just took advantage of that 15% off Steeda parts yesterday, and like NightParade said, doing it at once is fewer times under the car and you feel a bigger difference at one shot. I just got the Steeda sway bar end links and billet mounts. . . . I couldn't help myself.

OP
OP
priestblack

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
I just picked up the BMR polyurethane differential bushings since they were on sale for a great price. I may pick up the cradle lock out too since that seems to be a great cost efficient upgrade as well.

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
I've got the Steeda diff bushings currently, but you can pick up the new BMR BK051 diff bushings for only $50 shipped while the sale is going on. That with either the cradle lockout from Steeda or BMR is a good starting point.

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
Just bought a set of jacking rails.

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
I just picked up the BMR polyurethane differential bushings since they were on sale for a great price. I may pick up the cradle lock out too since that seems to be a great cost efficient upgrade as well.
I was like you and went full bolt on before messing with the suspension. I bought the cradle lockout kit and a bmr solid diff lockout kit.

I can hear when my driveshaft places and let's off load in the diff. It worried me because I was new to suspension mods and didn't know what to expect. But I spoke to Kelly @ BMR and he said it's normal with a factory diff.

It sounds like a REALLY big lock is opening and closing in a door.

If I could do it all over I would do wait to install everything at once. I had the cradle lowered so many times lol because I bought everything separate and kept wanting more.

I wasn't happy until I put stiffer springs. Completely changed the car.
Sponsored