Sponsored

Best springs for SC'd non-PP, street setup?

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
Looking for best lowering springs for my setup, which is an ~800hp Whipple'd 2017 Mustang GT premium, non-pp.

Not a drag car, not a track car, just a street car that I want dropped a bit for looks, nothing extreme, and prioritize comfort.

With the extra 150lbs up front from the SC, the front is already dropped a bit, so looking for Springs that compensate for that. Want the car level, to slight rake, not nose diving.

The wheels/tires I plan on running are Project 6GR Tens, 20x10, 20x11 with PS4S 275/35 & 305/35's. Kinda tall in the rear and of course I don't want any rubbing.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For springs, If you plan on keeping the stock shocks and struts, you can go with our Steeda Sport Progressive Springs or our Minimum Drop springs.

Sport Progressives will have a great ride and lowers front 1.125" and rear 1"
With the added supercharger, the front will drop about another ¼ inch.
Minimum Drop springs ride very good too and will lower the car about ½ an inch all the way around.
And like the Progressive springs, the supercharger will drop the front about another ¼ inch.

Be sure and install our Steeda Camber Plates when you order the springs

Shoot me an email to [email protected] if I can help assist further.

OP
OP
kbreeze72

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TJ, thank you and I know Steeda has great products, but neither of those springs are specifically meant for supercharged cars. They were created to drop the car in a very specific way, without the added weight of a SC.

As you are stating, the weight of the SC causes additional drop off front. I realize it's a bit nit-picky, but what I was wondering if anyone sells a set of springs, or set of springs + dampers that are made & tuned specifically for supercharged cars. And not just for the visual drop but also to better handle the extra weight.

For example, it would be great if you had a set of "sport progressives SC" that lowered .75" front and 1" rear, with maybe a little higher rate up front to handle the extra weight.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
@TJ, thank you and I know Steeda has great products, but neither of those springs are specifically meant for supercharged cars. They were created to drop the car in a very specific way, without the added weight of a SC.

As you are stating, the weight of the SC causes additional drop off front. I realize it's a bit nit-picky, but what I was wondering if anyone sells a set of springs, or set of springs + dampers that are made & tuned specifically for supercharged cars. And not just for the visual drop but also to better handle the extra weight.

For example, it would be great if you had a set of "sport progressives SC" that lowered .75" front and 1" rear, with maybe a little higher rate up front to handle the extra weight.
All of our Steeda Performance Vehicles run either of the springs above and they perform very well - we haven't seen any adverse effects with running any of the aforementioned springs above with a SC - even installed on customers cars that we do very frequently here at Steeda.

I am not part of the R & D team but the level of testing that we do with our cars - both on and off the track may ... may have yielded the results that SC specific spring aren't required or needed.

The same with the convertible - the added weight in the rear doesn't adversely effect the handling of the vehicle - cosmetically, we do have spacers to level it out.

You can call Rodney at 1800 950 0774 and discuss the potential options you may have- as he's knowledgeable across the spectrum on not only our springs but would could be recommended.

TJ

OP
OP
kbreeze72

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car has 100% stock non-PP GT suspension, so after looking into it a bit, here's what I chose and have in my shopping cart @ Steeda:

-Ultimate stop the hop kit
-Minimum drop springs
-Pro Action non adjustable dampers
-Billet rear shock mounts.

Can I get a coupon code?

Also open to other suggestions. For the record I am planning on running Either 305/35 555R2's, or PS4S tires, still deciding.
Sponsored